Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If I don't get a build date for my Tremor on the big May scheduling day, I will start looking hard at the trailboss. My car needs maintenance and new tires. Factoring that in, the price isn't that much different.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well Google is wrong. My XLT with Lux did not come with them. I upgraded mine to LEDs from Lasfit. Also, I am pretty sure you are also wrong about needing infotainment to turn on the headlights. Are you sure about that? You could be right, but I am sure they are also on auto just as the Maverick is
Can't believe much of this thread is a debate about lights. As noted the Maverick does have standard LED headlights. But headlights are hardly the big differentiator between these two trucks.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great looking truck, enjoy

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Canyon has 2" less rear leg room.

Canyon: 34.7"
Maverick EB: 36.9"

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FWIW, I love my Maverick and for the extra $8-$9K would not trade. However, if someone offered me the brand new Colorado Trail Boss as even trade I would probably take it. It's just more truck than the Maverick.

If I was rich, I'd probably have a stable of vehicles. Maverick. New Colorado. And new Tacoma and Ranger in 2024.

Fortunately, I don't have that kind of money to worry about. :)

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't believe much of this thread is a debate about lights. As noted the Maverick does have standard LED headlights. But headlights are hardly the big differentiator between these two trucks.
I agree. The things that people harp on as differentiators are often super odd to me.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The new Colorados are nice but the gas milage is not nice and smaller rear seat room.. If you need extreme off roading or to tow more than 4k it's a good option. If not then the Maverick or even a Honda Ridgeline (if money is not a factor) is the better option.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Canyon has 2" less rear leg room.

Canyon: 34.7"
Maverick EB: 36.9"
I sat at auto show in back of Tacoma that is what I thought about that model too compared to the Mav at show. . Less leg room. I was amazed. They had no 2023 Chevy colorado at show BUT it sounds like the same as Tacoma as far as leg room. BUT the Tacoma was wider. .Chevy is nice looking to me.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Headlights, yes. He said "no LED's" I should have asked him to clarify. The signals, brake lights, cab light in halogen are all garbage, so it would have been nice to have those LED too, but the Lasfit upgrade was cheap and easy and they are so much nicer.
Just a few years ago, it cost a fortune to upgrade standard lights to halogen lights, and everyone thought they were the be-all/end-all... Now they are "garbage"? That's downright funny to me...

Sponsored

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a few years ago, it cost a fortune to upgrade standard lights to halogen lights, and everyone thought they were the be-all/end-all... Now they are "garbage"? That's downright funny to me...
It's facts. The lighting difference between my stock bulbs vs the Lasfit LED kit I put in which was only like $226 is almost shocking.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FWIW, I love my Maverick and for the extra $8-$9K would not trade. However, if someone offered me the brand new Colorado Trail Boss as even trade I would probably take it. It's just more truck than the Maverick.

If I was rich, I'd probably have a stable of vehicles. Maverick. New Colorado. And new Tacoma and Ranger in 2024.

Heck, I LOVE my Maverick, but if someone offered me a brand new Corvette Z06 as an even trade, I'd probably take it as well... And the Corvette isn't even a truck!

PS - I'm only saying that because my Cyber Orange Maverick got scheduled, so I would only be truckless for a couple of months or so... I could live with that to get an essentially "free" Corvette. But like @outdoorsman, I don't have to worry about having "that kind of money" (or that kind of good luck) either...

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Mpg of 19-21 just complete turn off for me . It’s great looking truck though
Sponsored