2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is the single most informative post on this topic that I have read. Where did you get this info. Thank you!
From the linked NHTSA document. Another user found it over the weekend, in the thread located in the warranty and issues section of the forum there are links to the location of document.
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My fear is an engine fire with the Maverick parked in my three-car garage under my house. Ford needs to open up with clarification....my Dealership Service Advisor is totally in the dark on this recall.
What more do you expect them to tell you? Engines don't spontaneously catch fire, the fire risk is from an engine block penetration. It's not going to just blow up sitting off and parked. Unless you are using remote start for long periods of time or something it shouldn't be an issue.

hdrider02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got it also, my guess is they will continue the cutting of the grille and cutting holes in the under engine cover and a reprogramming of the pcm.
Reprogramming will most likely lessen power and possibly more fuel so engine cylinders won't get as hot which will lower fuel economy. Just my guess.
Only on early build 2022's in a certain time period so Ford knows what's causing it, internal engine problem most likely in manufacturing with something related to crankshaft, bearings or pistons.
If there are crankshaft or bearing problems, how will Ford determine if your engine has these problems without taking the engine completely apart. Easier for them to just put a new engine in.

dogtruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This kinda kills any out-of-town trip planning. It appears I've purchased another Pinto, my last Ford adventure.

Sponsored

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This kinda kills any out-of-town trip planning. It appears I've purchased another Pinto, my last Ford adventure.
I saw the thread and got worried. I have a 24 and it is not included. Big relief

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If there are crankshaft or bearing problems, how will Ford determine if your engine has these problems without taking the engine completely apart. Easier for them to just put a new engine in.
Ford probably (I hope) has a date span = Vin numbers of possible affected vehicles.

Walter56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most of the mailmen in this area can't read, and can't cipher numbers. It keeps us in touch with our neighbors. We get together occasionally and swap mail, like a neighborhood party. I told the local postmistress that. She was not amused!
You're wecome

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All affected units should have blown up already. It's been a year.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All affected units should have blown up already. It's been a year.
Given that some users here drive 2 miles 3 times a week with half that time on all electric mode, that might not be true for all of them. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How do they identify which ones are problem engines is indeed the rub. In the absence of a scientific method to propose while sitting across the table from the NHTSA lawyers, the government is most likely to say, "You just need to replace all of them them to satisfy this issue for us." We will see.

But to my point, if they have to replace a couple hundred thousand engines that will indeed be a PR issue.
"I'll take things that will never happen" for $500 Alex.

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Letter just came in the mail today.
I wonder what the fix is going to be?

IMG_5261.jpeg
That's weird, my wife's 2022 XLT AWD had a catastrophic engine failure on her way to work in early December. But in hers they said it was a belt that that broke. Then, she had that recall a few weeks ago, but they sent a truck out to her job for the software update and whatever else she needed. I guess same situation caused by something different.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take it from me, I retired a few years ago after 25 years as a Ford Dealer Service Advisor, that's not the way it will happen. I have an Early build 2022 Maverick Hybrid (built in Feb 22). Unless it is found to be a major SAFETY concern FoMoCo will most likely have a "program" (not a recall) extending warranty like I said, this has been common practice by FoMoCo for issues such as this. And as a side note, if Ford was to replace the engine, most likely it would be only the "short block" rather than a complete engine assembly requiring switching the cylinder head and all componants from old engine to new short block, something none of us wants done. Better if FoMoCo gives a long warranty and hope the engine doesn't destroy itself.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's weird, my wife's 2022 XLT AWD had a catastrophic engine failure on her way to work in early December. But in hers they said it was a belt that that broke. Then, she had that recall a few weeks ago, but they sent a truck out to her job for the software update and whatever else she needed. I guess same situation caused by something different.
Yea, hybrids don't have any belts.
Sponsored