First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, is this just telling us that parts will be available 2nd quarter of 24.... Is that the only new thing?

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got mine, too!

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine as well. Seems like dealerships around me are not to thrilled about taking our trucks in to service these recalls either.

I'm having issues scheduling an appointment with my home dealership and nearby ones.

Is this exclusively a MY22 issues? If I get the new one will it be immune? I love the truck just not all these issues ailing it.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got it also, my guess is they will continue the cutting of the grille and cutting holes in the under engine cover and a reprogramming of the pcm.
Reprogramming may allow the "knock sensor" to be sensitive to engine internal knock or possible minor loss of oil pressure. Either way internal engine damage will occur, maybe keep a rod from blowing out the side or bottom of the engine. Just my guess.
Only on early build 2022's in a certain time period so Ford knows what's causing it, internal engine problem most likely in manufacturing with something related to crankshaft, bearings or pistons.

Last edited:

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine as well. Seems like dealerships around me are not to thrilled about taking our trucks in to service these recalls either.

I'm having issues scheduling an appointment with my home dealership and nearby ones.

Is this exclusively a MY22 issues? If I get the new one will it be immune? I love the truck just not all these issues ailing it.
Dealers are having a problem hiring/keeping mechanics. Backlog making appointments is normal. At my dealer there is about a month backlog to get an oil change and longer for any type of other service. Old way of doing things is over, service is bad in almost all businesses and everywhere!

Sponsored

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the Post Offices Informed Delivery, mine is due in my mailbox today. Jacksonville NC post office is slow. I have a friend who mailed a Christmas card postmarked 30 November and it arrived on 05 January.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the Post Offices Informed Delivery, mine is due in my mailbox today. Jacksonville NC post office is slow. I have a friend who mailed a Christmas card postmarked 30 November and it arrived on 05 January.
Tell them to email Xmas cards next time.

trumpet77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2009 Porsche Cayman
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The letter says 22-23, based on VIN
Sponsored