Sponsored

Did your Maverick catch on fire or Suffer Engine Failure?

Whatthewhat11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to sound passive aggressive, but if someone on this forums engine failed or caught fire, they would have posted it. And it surely would have gone viral here.
Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Twice last week, only some burnt smell this week.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I had a Honda Element, spontaneously combust and try to kill us. We loved up to that point. We barely escaped, the motor melted into a pool of aluminum and the tires and windows exploded, it was a fun vacation :( Turns out they made that motor with a known flaw for 10 years.
But............ the Element wasn't a Ford, how could this be:unsure:

22XLThybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid (order July 21)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's call out some of the speculation around the Maverick Fire Risk recall and the Engine Failure question
Please let us know:

Has your Maverick caught fire?
Has your Maverick suffered a catastrophic engine failure - like a crank failure puncturing your engine.
Please show pictures if you have any.

I have personally not suffered any of this on my Maverick XLT Hybrid. And I bet it's practically not heard of except for the few already documented around the web - one looked on fire, the other that looked like a broken crank? Are there any more?
This link says 23 fires or smoke conditions have occured, But it doesn't describe the reason for the event.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...led-over-100000-vehicles-affected-193565.html

OP
OP

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

22XLThybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid (order July 21)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
22 Fires out of 100,000 vehicles is pretty small
I hope the isolated engine failures are all discovered and fixed. That is the bigger issue.
Agree. It's a shame the headlines on that stories say engine fires! When really it's a fire in a pretty small sample (for now) that under the right circumstances could result in an engine fire. I'm curious if there's another statistic for engine failures without engine fires... Time will tell...

OP
OP

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree. It's a shame the headlines on that stories say engine fires! When really it's a fire in a pretty small sample (for now) that under the right circumstances could result in an engine fire. I'm curious if there's another statistic for engine failures without engine fires... Time will tell...

Agree.
I also have come to understand that our society thrives on drama and hype. It sells and it pushes people in all kinds of directions. That said, engine fires are serious so I'm very happy Ford is recalling for a fix.
Sponsored