First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.helibuilder.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray, Hybrid, XLT Maverick
I just spoke with Ford customer service rep for Maverick. She had not seen this, and was going to research and get back to me. Pretty ironic that Ford isn’t even telling their own reps about this possible delay. Hoping this only applies to orders that don’t have a scheduled build date. Mine is scheduled for the week of 11/8 as it stands now

On a positive note, I sold my 2017 Honda ridgeline for $1000 less than what I paid for it three years ago. But now my wife and I are down to one vehicle for the foreseeable future if this delay is true. She is not thrilled. 😩

I did get to see one in the flesh yesterday. My dealer got a pre sold EB lariat model. It sure looks and feels like all the comments have said. He Ford will ultimately sell ton of these things I’m sure.
Funny, I got that exact Email from FORD today at Noon, my build had been scheduled for week of Nov 8th.

notliketopgun

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none, Maverick is first car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly!! I just read an article about the Port of Los Angeles about how they are overwhelmed with supply container and don't have enough worker still. So supply issues are going to take time to sort out and we still have to keep in mind that every manufacture is fighting for limited supplies right now. The fact that Ford is even building Mavericks to me is great, at least the hose is on and the water is trickling out, soon it will become a stead stream!
What I had heard is that demand for a lot of stuff is through the roof. Some things like semiconductors are in an actual, manufacturing constrained shortage. But part of the problem is that everyone is buying a lot of things right now, more than ever before and factories and ports can't keep up. Everyone's trying to make up for the past 2 years.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the FITS email around 16:01 today. I was a little shocked to get anything.

Ford Maverick Ford Letter to Hybrid Order Holders -- nearly sold out for 2022 + free FITS Accessory Kit Screenshot_20211021-214847_Gmail

tsled

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.helibuilder.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray, Hybrid, XLT Maverick
Yup. And when there’s no toilet paper at Costco and there are 100 ships outside Long Beach waiting to dock, this is what happens. I have to laugh at the conspiracy theories on forums that think Ford is doing this on purpose.
As of 3:00 PM today there are 167 ships at anchor in Long Beach/San Pedro to be exact. I will be happy to get mine in Jan/Feb.

Sponsored

HAL

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Received how, email?
I received the email. I ordered a hybrid, Area 51, with the luxury and co-pilot packages on June 16th. I am very excited to have gotten the email. Hopefully I will get early in 2022. And the free items will be cool to have.
Hal

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the email I received today, which basically entails the same information but mine refers to my order specifically. Received this email today 10/21 and order date 9/23.
Screenshot_20211021-160802_Gmail.jpg
This is the letter I got. I read it to mean that there are a bunch of orders ahead of you so don't expect to see it anytime soon.

DHarbaugh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F-150, 2016 Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to say, I didn't get an email...
I got this email today around 4 pm EST. It's not the email I was hoping for but I'm still excited to hear they haven't forgot about me. 😂😁

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my email concerning the FITS kit. I'm fortunate that "next year" works for me so I'll gladly take the free kit. Hate it for the folks that need a car sooner; I see how this offer doesn't settle well...
…..I would certainly agree. And if I had skin in the game (put up a deposit) I’d be more pissed off too. I’m not in a big rush but the lack of not knowing the status, and not hearing anything from the dealer or Ford is irritating and unprofessional….as with most others I plan on selling my current car prior to delivery of Maverick and wasting a lot of time on this site finding out absolutely nothing but a bunch of wild guess from those that have no idea, when Ford could easily estimated delivery status, if nothing else how many Hybrids and EcoBoost are being build each week or month.

Last edited:
Sponsored

mmahathy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ranger XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never received one single bit of info from my dealer. I ordered on July 8th. At this point I’m not even sure if they really places the order.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm disappointed, I haven't heard a thing from Ford since my initial order confirmation. Hearing something would really be nice!!
Ummm…you are confirmed. That is something

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No I'm pissed off at Ford because my Maverick went from built and shipping in 3 to 5 days then to shipped arriving in 11 to 17 days then delivery on October 17 to TBD so I figured I'd ask
I have no expatiation it will happen but it doesn't hurt to ask.
But yours is built right? That puts you well ahead of many of us.