Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your day is coming!
To be honest it already has once. Lariat Lux due to arrive in a week or two.

But I have a second on ordered as of 8/26. No word on that one yet. 😊
Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I got it. Basically telling me my June 17th order will be delivered sometime next year and here's some cheap-ass trinkets to calm the natives. So much for "coming this fall". I waited for an ordered Bronco Sport for six months that got lost in the desert.
Dealer said Ford wasn't going to screw up the Maverick release like the Bronco and Bronco Sport. Unfortunately, I bit.

LolaD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lacretia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB GLB, Hyundai Ioniq, Honda CRV, Mazda 6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order confirmation this morning at 930, kit email at 301. Thankfully, the car in replacing (a Honda crv with 200,000 miles) is.... well, a Honda and running fine, so I'm in no hurry. Would actually be better if it showed up after the winter since I'm picking it up in Iowa and driving home. Been waiting for a been bronco since last July, so waiting is old hat.

Ford Maverick Ford Letter to Hybrid Order Holders -- nearly sold out for 2022 + free FITS Accessory Kit Screenshot_20211021-183332_Outlook

Ford Maverick Ford Letter to Hybrid Order Holders -- nearly sold out for 2022 + free FITS Accessory Kit Screenshot_20211021-183448_Outlook

Swami37

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco and 2020 F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the email I received today, which basically entails the same information but mine refers to my order specifically. Received this email today 10/21 and order date 9/23.
Screenshot_20211021-160802_Gmail.jpg
I got this exact email @ 4 pm

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
and then why are you bothering to stay on this forum?
I was saying bubye to CASD57 who was throwing in the towel

I'm in this for the long haul baby!
In it to win it.

MaverickTake2

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i am just happy i actually got an email from Ford cuz its been crickets since i placed my order. Now i can take bets as to which of the 365 days next year i might see it. I do wonder what was the Ford Marketing being pushed out even as late as August when i ordered and did it not imply or state order and get your vehicle at the end of the year. i am sure someone smarter than me will start asking all those questions and maybe Ford will pony up more than a 50 dollar cup holder.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
For some of us, the responses coming from the other direction that accuse us of whining or acting irrationally are equally baffling.

I ordered a truck that Ford told me I'd get this fall. That's part of the reason I ordered it, I needed it this fall. They are failing to deliver the truck in the fall, and that's disappointing. I'm not saying they killed one of my children. I'm not saying in the history of the world such disappointing things have never happened.

I'm saying that:
1. I thought I was getting a Maverick this fall and I'm not
2. Ford's way of communicating this delay to me is insulting, pretending that it's good news
3. The only "vote" I have in response is to not give them my money
4. ...which I probably can't do any way because I can't wait until next year for a replacement vehicle.

People who aren't in that position can make a different choice, accepting the delay and the approach to communication. Good for you. This a Maverick forum, and specifically a thread about the email indicating a delay. That some of us will need or want to move on from the Maverick seems reasonable to me. And that we'd say so here - in a maverick forum in a post about the email - also seems reasonable to me. I'm sorry it doesn't to (many of) you, but, in reality, you may want to be the ones to consider that you're taking yourselves and this process too seriously. Some of us are just trying to buy a truck.
Well, there is a whole lotta whining on this forum. Whine whine bitch bitch.
It's a brand new vehicle intended and ready for release this fall (which by the way goes until 12/21) for the first ones (not all of them). EPA jumped in there and delayed it a bit. So what? S**t happens.
Ford has intentionally not made further promises, because, guess what, they don't know. Too bad. If you think their email is insulting, well, you've got pretty thin skin. I'm thrilled to get it at all.
OKTB 12/8, we don't really know if they will be in the US before that, stockpiled and ready for transit to dealers. Sounds like arrival in January. OK, a month behind for a 42 mpg brand new design pickup?
Not good enough? I get that you and others will move on and maybe buy that POS destined-for-the-scrapyard Santa Cruz. Terrific. What I don't get is why don't you just move on instead of posting here? I believe you may be projecting your own all-too-serious take on this. You're right, it's just a truck.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order confirmation this morning at 930, kit email at 301. Thankfully, the car in replacing (a Honda crv with 200,000 miles) is.... well, a Honda and running fine, so I'm in no hurry. Would actually be better if it showed up after the winter since I'm picking it up in Iowa and driving home. Been waiting for a been bronco since last July, so waiting is old hat.
Sounds like Ford has helped you become an experienced and well qualified person of great patience. :)

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talk about a D*** Tease. I see an email from Ford!! It’s a Thursday!! I’m like, hell yeah I’m getting my truck scheduled!!! Then I read on to find out I’m getting a cup holder! I ordered in June, already removed my bed extender, just schedule the damn thing 🤪. Please don’t send me emails on Thursdays Ford unless your scheduling me! 😜
Yeah, it's no coincidence that email went out today. They know that we know that schedule notices come out today.

Ford marketing somehow thought this message on build day would take the sting out of not getting scheduled. They misread us! Should have sent out on any other day but Thursday!

Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
I was saying bubye to CASD57 who was throwing in the towel

I'm in this for the long haul baby!
In it to win it.
Sorry man, I was following your lead. Did not mean to rebut your posts, as you're absolutely correct. A POS Santa Cruz? Good luck in a few years when the springs are shot and it's worthless. I'm with you for the long haul - an extra month, so what? Again, sorry, I should have replied to the original post instead of yours.

Jojam3000

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord
Yeah, I got it. Basically telling me my June 17th order will be delivered sometime next year and here's some cheap-ass trinkets to calm the natives. So much for "coming this fall". I waited for an ordered Bronco Sport for six months that got lost in the desert.
Dealer said Ford wasn't going to screw up the Maverick release like the Bronco and Bronco Sport. Unfortunately, I bit.
Wow double wammy

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I took this another way than most. When I pre ordered in July, I gave a 0% chance of having it by the end of 2021. I knew it, the salespeople at the dealer knew it (mine were pretty real since they were tired of dealing with very disappointed Bronco pre order folks), and so I was prepared for this. So getting some free FITS accessories seems like a bonus.

Look guys it did not take a rocket scientist to predict this. Supply chain issues, chip shortages, brand new vehicle. How many people REALLY thought they'd have it by January 1st? Disappointment is based on expectations.

Narf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler. Dodge Dart
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my email for the hybrid in cyber orange with a build date of December 13. Fingers crossed that it will be in the driveway by birthday in February

lbk3b4

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I ordered the Maverick Hybrid Lariat, etc., in the beginning of September and read every post on this from. Thank you! I did receive the email from Ford today, and I greatly appreciated the message. I believe Ford has manufactured a very special vehicle with the Maverick. I am willing to wait. I also believe Ford will take the lead in fuel efficient vehicles. I have purchased stock in Ford because I truly believe in Ford.
Sponsored