22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Daytona one spoken about above but I got the 3 ton low profile, long reach one and it is awesome! I bought simply to be able to lift my wife's lifted Bronco up if the need arises. I think it set me back $199 in the store. They had a $49.99 coupon they scanned for me while I was checking out.
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Daytona one spoken about above but I got the 3 ton low profile, long reach one and it is awesome! I bought simply to be able to lift my wife's lifted Bronco up if the need arises. I think it set me back $199 in the store. They had a $49.99 coupon they scanned for me while I was checking out.
Wow, I'll keep checking for the $49.99 coupon. Why step up from 1.5 ton to 2 or 3 ton if only changing a tire. The Daytona 1.5 ton rapid rise as current price 134.99 and yes the 2 ton is $209.99.

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How high does the jack need to go for changing tires.
I measured 14-1/2" from garage floor to the pinch weld the 1st time I jacked up my XL but it was very cold so my measurement might be a little off.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I measured 14-1/2" from garage floor to the pinch weld the 1st time I jacked up my XL but it was very cold so my measurement might be a little off.
Thanks and perhaps this is one of the many reasons people recommended the 2 or 3 ton.
Ford Maverick Floor Jack & Jack Stand(s) at Pinch Welds jack-height1.5ton.JPG

Ford Maverick Floor Jack & Jack Stand(s) at Pinch Welds jack-height-3ton.JPG

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, I'll keep checking for the $49.99 coupon. Why step up from 1.5 ton to 2 or 3 ton if only changing a tire. The Daytona 1.5 ton rapid rise as current price 134.99 and yes the 2 ton is $209.99.
The reason I bought what I did was because I wanted to be able to jack up my wife's lifted Bronco as well. This jack will allow that. It will go high enough to get it off the ground where the others wouldn't.

Sponsored

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone seems to be overthinking this. The whole length of the pinch weld should be strong enough to support the vehicle. It's a key structural part of the vehicle.

The embossed "arrows" indicate more for vehicle balance than anything. I checked mine '23 out thoroughly yesterday when I lowered it.

20221231_155025.jpg
Looks like you used a lift before placing the stands?
You mention the whole pinch joint "should be" ok to jack up... Have you or anyone else tried??
Would be awesome to use floor jack in the middle and jack stands where you placed them!

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like you used a lift before placing the stands?
You mention the whole pinch joint "should be" ok to jack up... Have you or anyone else tried??
Would be awesome to use floor jack in the middle and jack stands where you placed them!
As you can see I have a two post lift in the shop. When I did the work it wasn't yet connected to the 220.

I used a floor jacknon each side, just behind the embossed "lift point" and it lifted the entire side.

These trucks are really rigid and front heavy. I wonder what the weight bias is front to rear?

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of my other unibody vehicle's owner manuals have included front and rear central jacking locations. Unfortunately, Ford did not.
It's been a while since I've had a driveway to do car work in so things may have changed, but I remember when I wanted to lift the front end to change oil (gets a little more room to work and angles the oil pan to get the drain plug on the lowest point) I'd use a floor jack under the engine (with a scrap piece of 2x4 as a soft jaw) to lift the front up enough to put jack stands under the side pinch-weld jacking points. Was lifting the front end by the engine ever a good idea? If so, is it still a good idea?

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How high does the jack need to go for changing tires. Was looking at this one hoping to catch a sale. The concern since it's a low-profile jack that it will raise the truck high enough and believe it is 14inch. The factory jack takes forever to get high enough and my back does not like it. Believe the rubber pad will be ok with the pinched jack point.

https://www.harborfreight.com/15-to...ZXk__xaa_WCRL8yiOPbjt8cJHWvz57HhoCgiIQAvD_BwE
I just measured mine. The pinch weld is 12” at the top the weld and 15.5” with the rear tire off the ground

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question for those in Maverick Land who have their Maverick(s) concerning jacking up the vehicle. Per owners instruction book, ONLY jack up the Maverick at the "Pinch Weld" spots. From what I'm able to determine from the owners manual those spots are literally "spots". In other words, small area in size. When rotating tires, both wheels per side need to be lifted off the ground. Not having my vehicle yet, I am unable to determine if the "Pinch Weld" spots are large enough to accommodate both the floor jack AND a jack stand. So when I jack up the vehicle in order to slide in a jack stand, is there room enough to have the floor jack to be at the "Pinch Weld" and also the jack stand? After jacking up the vehicle, will need to let it down on a jack stand to remove the floor jack to move to the other "Pinch Weld" to place the second jack stand. So basically, setting the vehicle on two (2) jack stands for one side of the vehicle. If the "Pinch Welds" can only accommodate either a jack stand OR floor jack (not both), the question then is there a location to jack up the vehicle not at the pinch weld that does not cause damage to the vehicle? Not having a "frame" support to use the floor jack on causes me to have questions & concerns as to how to jack up the vehicle safely to set on jack stands.
You can get a pinch weld spreader bar for a floor jack which can jack up both tires on one side of vehicle at the same time. Perhaps you could place jack stands under the ends of the spreader bar?

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can get a pinch weld spreader bar for a floor jack which can jack up both tires on one side of vehicle at the same time. Perhaps you could place jack stands under the ends of the spreader bar?
So a couple of these lift beams seem to max out at 36"-37" spread, my guess is that's not enough to actually reach both "notches", but maybe wide enough to do the job of lifting 1 side at a time?

HRG

Ford Maverick Floor Jack & Jack Stand(s) at Pinch Welds lift beam.JPG

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a couple of these lift beams seem to max out at 36"-37" spread, my guess is that's not enough to actually reach both "notches", but maybe wide enough to do the job of lifting 1 side at a time?

HRG

lift beam.JPG
Probably would adequately distribute load and mainly to help balance load for some nut who likes to pick up whole side of vehicle with his floor jack. I would definitely put jack stands at the designated pinch weld locations.

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably would adequately distribute load and mainly to help balance load for some nut who likes to pick up whole side of vehicle with his floor jack. I would definitely put jack stands at the designated pinch weld locations.
Seems like it works pretty good.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The "pinch-weld" strategy has become pretty common across manufacturers. I keep a set of hard rubber disks with a slot on one side. They work perfectly with a floor jack or a jack stand. Easy to find on Amazon or Ebay.
Anyone find these pinch weld adapters to fit the maverick. In fords efforts to minimize our Jack ability they ran a plastic trim to hide it. Looks great but the adapter in ordered did not fit over the weld and plastic. Need at least 1/2” and one I bought advertising say 1/2” but was under 3/8”

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use the pinch weld pucks from my mustang to jack up the Maverick.
Sponsored