Floor jack

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
I hope this isn't a stupid question but I am wanting to jack up my Maverick with a floor jack. I have looked at the owners manual and looked under the truck but not sure what to use as a jacking point. I have never owned a unibody vehicle, only trucks with frames. The little arrows underneath make it look like you would jack at the pinch weld but just not sure if I can do that with a regular floor jack. Hoping to jack one side at a time with 2 jacks to remove both wheels. TIA
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope this isn't a stupid question but I am wanting to jack up my Maverick with a floor jack. I have looked at the owners manual and looked under the truck but not sure what to use as a jacking point. I have never owned a unibody vehicle, only trucks with frames. The little arrows underneath make it look like you would jack at the pinch weld but just not sure if I can do that with a regular floor jack. Hoping to jack one side at a time with 2 jacks to remove both wheels. TIA
If your floor jack doesn’t have notches for the pinch weld to slip into it will likely crush that area over and break the paint bond at that point.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just stick a 2x4 on the top of the jack and you are good as gold.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You need something like this from Amazon LINK or a hockey puck with a slot in it.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You need something like this from Amazon LINK or a hockey puck with a slot in it.
Well just shit all over my redneck fix why dont ya!!!!!!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I guess you could cut a slot in yer 2x4....
Nah....the 2x4 distributes weight and actually puts less pressure on any one part. FWIW however, my wifes car has that and my floor jack has done zero damage to it. It was actually worse with her flimsy factory one that slipped and did not let go.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just stick a 2x4 on the top of the jack and you are good as gold.
I had used a piece of wood without issue👍. I might look at some ramps as an option moving forward.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I always just used the thickest part of the suspension.

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
The little arrows underneath make it look like you would jack at the pinch weld but just not sure if I can do that with a regular floor jack.
You are correct. Typically there will be arrows indicating where on the pinch weld it's safe to lift. The indicated area is usually reinforced or sometimes even has a "step down" portion that is slightly but noticeably lower and/or wider/thicker than the rest of the pinch weld.

If your floor jack doesn't have a rubber pad on it, you can use a block of wood or a hockey puck as others have said.

I had used a piece of wood without issue👍. I might look at some ramps as an option moving forward.
I prefer ramps for anything that doesn't require pulling the wheels off. I found it to be faster and you don't have as much crawling around on the floor.

I use the Rhino Ramps 12k that are commonly sold at Home Depot/Auto Zone/Walmart/Tractor Supply etc. I prefer them since they nest into each other for storage unlike the ones from Harbor Freight.

Maverick#

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT/ Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the ideas i am thinking of of using a bottle jack instead of the jack that comes with truck i have had a couple screw jacks in other vehicles and they both bent on me. Plus i do have a floor jack for at home.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the ideas i am thinking of of using a bottle jack instead of the jack that comes with truck i have had a couple screw jacks in other vehicles and they both bent on me. Plus i do have a floor jack for at home.
Yep, got a 3 ton from Harbor Freight that I keep in the bed cubby and a pinch weld adapter that fits over it.
Sponsored