Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My wife has a good lawyer. :) Do you really think Harbor Freight would be in business if all there equipment was maiming and killing people.
Obviously it's not. But looking at a few individual circumstances/reviews of jacks, etc.....enough have failed to warrant consideration.

This is one where I am siding with the more proven, reliable product. Dont' need to be wrong just once or?

SPLAT.
Sponsored

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Obviously it's not. But looking at a few individual circumstances/reviews of jacks, etc.....enough have failed to warrant consideration.

This is one where I am siding with the more proven, reliable product. Dont' need to be wrong just once or?

SPLAT.
You never know.

TheDrive

Highly rated ramps, American Made

BEST VALUE
Ford Maverick Floor jack pinch weld pucks 71kZjYrioqL._AC_SL1500_

RhinoGear 11909 RhinoRamps Vehicle Ramps

After one use.

Ford Maverick Floor jack pinch weld pucks 71Una+44EGL

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You never know.

TheDrive

Highly rated ramps, American Made

BEST VALUE
71kZjYrioqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

RhinoGear 11909 RhinoRamps Vehicle Ramps

After one use.

71Una+44EGL.jpg
I've seen folks fill the insides of those circular spots with high strength concrete (from the underside). Apparently that is how you make a Rhino Ramp safe. Haha.

That being said....I do have a set of them. Wish me luck with my first oil change on Friday (not on a Maverick).

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I've seen folks fill the insides of those circular spots with high strength concrete (from the underside). Apparently that is how you make a Rhino Ramp safe. Haha.

That being said....I do have a set of them. Wish me luck with my first oil change on Friday (not on a Maverick).
Hope it's a go cart, if not we will pray for you. 🙏

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If getting pinch weld adapters understand that Ford designed this one to be lifted on the bottom of the pinch weld, not each side. Check your factory jack, lifts from the bottom.

The factory service manual also only lists the four pinch weld as lift points, nothing else. I have a spreader arm mounted on one of my floor jacks, works good to lift the front at the a-arm attachment points, then place my stands. Still trying to come up with a good way to lift the rear evenly.

Oil changes I use ramps with jack stands as a backup.

At the 10K service I wound up just putting the spare into rotation and working one side of the vehicle at a time.

Tire rotations and brake work (just inspections early on) of course require getting all 4 off the ground, but this is also needed in order to check transmission and PTU fluid levels.

Quickjack has a system that will work, the 60003LX, but the dang setup is $2k....ouch. A member here already owned a shorter Quickjack and found he could use them athwartships on the Maverick. The deal is that our lift points are 72" apart, so to do it the way Quickjack wants requires the more expensive model - of course.

6000ELX

Harbor freight floor jacks are excellent and well respected, you will see the Daytona jacks in use in pro shops everywhere. Their jack stands were the problem a couple of years ago.

Sponsored

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been using these for years and they work mint. Pinch welds are in perfect condition on all my vehicles. Got them on Amazonian and they are not too expensive. I highly recommend them.

IMG_1167.JPG
is the slot .39"? thanks for any info.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where do you jack up on the maverick? Is it a hyrbrid
To be honest I don't have that answer until I crawl under the truck and see what's there or not there. :)

AlsMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 w/4k Tow Build Date 12/5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this overconcern? Most of my vehicles have been uni-bodies. I've worked on other peoples cars for over 40 years. Only one pinch weld was damaged during the lift and it was a result of severe rust, not the jack/weld.
What are we trying to protect?

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had metal ones for years. Since they took up space I don't really have, and seldom used them, no longer have them. My dislike was on smooth concrete the tendency for them to slide when coming off them. Plastic might stay in place better? Any more I chock the wheels and use jack stands but also leave my hydraulic jack in place.

Sponsored

Montauk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL, 2023 F-150 Rattler pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve used a set of those plastic ones for a few years. I have a couple old yoga mats I found and decided to put to good use so I lay the mats down then put the ramps on them. No slipping after that. Plus the Mav hybrid is front wheel drive so it’s a better situation than a rear wheel drive truck for driving up ramps.

S Dundee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Salvadore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife has a good lawyer. :) Do you really think Harbor Freight would be in business if all there equipment was maiming and killing people.
Some of their tools are throw away or single use, for sure. But their new Harbor Freight jack stands, as an example, are really well designed. Their latest jack stands that came out about 2 years ago are about the safest on the market: Fully gusseted to prevent collapse, good welds and with multiple safety mechanisms to lock the height.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a set of crappy KMart jack stands. Had them for over 50 years. They and I are still here.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If getting pinch weld adapters understand that Ford designed this one to be lifted on the bottom of the pinch weld, not each side. Check your factory jack, lifts from the bottom.

The factory service manual also only lists the four pinch weld as lift points, nothing else. I have a spreader arm mounted on one of my floor jacks, works good to lift the front at the a-arm attachment points, then place my stands. Still trying to come up with a good way to lift the rear evenly.

Oil changes I use ramps with jack stands as a backup.

At the 10K service I wound up just putting the spare into rotation and working one side of the vehicle at a time.

Tire rotations and brake work (just inspections early on) of course require getting all 4 off the ground, but this is also needed in order to check transmission and PTU fluid levels.

Quickjack has a system that will work, the 60003LX, but the dang setup is $2k....ouch. A member here already owned a shorter Quickjack and found he could use them athwartships on the Maverick. The deal is that our lift points are 72" apart, so to do it the way Quickjack wants requires the more expensive model - of course.

6000ELX

Harbor freight floor jacks are excellent and well respected, you will see the Daytona jacks in use in pro shops everywhere. Their jack stands were the problem a couple of years ago.
Are these jack pads shallow enough to lift from the bottom of the pinch weld? I always thought they just aided in location.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought one of these, since my floor jack has a large diameter pad. While the slots are wide enough to go over the metal and plastic, the rubber is too soft, and allows the pinch weld area to rest on the perimeter of the jack pad. I'm just going to rout a 1/2" wide slot on a short hunk of 2x4, and use that.

HRG

Ford Maverick Floor jack pinch weld pucks jack pad.JPG
Sponsored