First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Powerstroke, 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid in September and who knows if it will ever be built. I currently tow a 2013 F150 and did the install and wiring myself but for the Maverick I simply plan to just use the wireless lighting kits that are available. No diodes or wires, just plug in a sender in the 7 pin socket and turn on the tail lights. Anyone else using or planning to go this way?
Sponsored

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll post a pic where my ReadyBrake breakaway red box is installed.
Thanks. I'm going to try to tackle the ReadyBrake breakaway today or tomorrow

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
for the Maverick I simply plan to just use the wireless lighting kits that are available. No diodes or wires, just plug in a sender in the 7 pin socket and turn on the tail lights. Anyone else using or planning to go this way?
I never heard of one that actually uses the Mav lights. Are you talking about magnetic lights?

Dunrollin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Powerstroke, 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a simple and elegant solution as I can see that vertical predrilled upright tab dead center on the baseplate. No rivet gun here but I could take something slightly thicker, bend it in a vise to achieve the same affect. The other option is to do what you did but use two bolts and nuts as long as they cleared the 1.5” section of the baseplate. I like that you made it long enough to give the cable more room to curve forward.
I’ll post a pic where my ReadyBrake breakaway red box is installed.
BDennis, I forged ahead and installed both the brake cables. Picture is here https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-ii-tow-bar-with-roadmaster-base-plate.23804/

Sponsored

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2018 Sprinter LTV Class C and I just had my 2022 Hybrid Lariat set up to be towed. Previously had a Wrangler for toad and had all the Blue Ox equipment so I went with the Blue Ox Base Plate, Blue Ox Tow Bar and Patriot II braking system. After seeing someone else post a Roadmaster baseplate I must admit I like the looks of it a lot more than the Blue Ox. I just went with Blue Ox to save money. I took it out yesterday for test run behind my RV, went to CATS scale and Maverick weighed 3860 lbs compared to my Wrangler was 4780 lbs, so now I can take 900 lbs more stuff I don’t need ha. Easy set up for towing, I use portable trailer lights. Only issue I see is the Patriot II plugs into cigarette lighter and it only stays energized for 90 minutes after turning off accessories. Sorry for the long post, my first post on this forum.
I’m using the rv1 brake system. If the lighter plug shuts off in 90 minutes I guess I need to add a dedicated lighter plug direct to the battery?

TATANKA01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ROBERT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK LARIAT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all I am a new member and am expecting delivery of a hybrid XLT next week. I purchased this vehicle specifically because it can be flat towed behind my motorhome with all four wheels down (per the owners manual). Anybody out there with experience towing a Maverick?​
My 2023 Lariat completed and tows like a dream. Used Roadmaster base plate and bar and Demco stay and play duo brak,ing system all for less than $4000. Install was done by "Just For Tow" in Yuma Az (in business 39 years) and it came out perfect and tows well behind my V10 22M Minnie Winnie.

Ford Maverick Flat towing a Maverick? IMG_9120.JPG

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can I use any of the three grounding lugs on the frame in front of vthe positive stud for the fused wiring harness for my front license plate holder mounted led bar, with 2 separate 5/16 x 18 nuts, one for the charge line and one for the bar?

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m using the rv1 brake system. If the lighter plug shuts off in 90 minutes I guess I need to add a dedicated lighter plug direct to the battery?
Trickle charge line directly from the seven way plug

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't unless unless you physically disconnect it at the wheels. Better to use a tow dolly.
Absolutely incorrect. The hybrid is designed to flat tow. A few simple steps to put it in tow nuetral. Pics are from the owners manual. Never understand why people respond when they are just guessing.
Ford Maverick Flat towing a Maverick? IMG_1352
Ford Maverick Flat towing a Maverick? IMG_1353

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Absolutely incorrect. The hybrid is designed to flat tow. A few simple steps to put it in tow nuetral. Pics are from the owners manual. Never understand why people respond when they are just guessing.
IMG_1352.jpeg
IMG_1353.jpeg
Yeah? Okay.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a truck accessory shop do the installation on the base plate and universal diode lite kit provided by roadmaster when I ordered the baseplates. I added the breakaway kit and wired it through that grommet I spoke about. Roadmaster was very helpful in the ordering of the appropriate base plate and light wiring kit. Also added the rubber caps when tow bar is not on for a clean look.
Put some white lithium or equivalent in the tubes where the rubber caps go. Between towing (4,000 miles) and the moisture the caps seal in a little rust started to develop. Other than that, an absolutely perfect tow/braking system.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will check that out. Thank you

flstsi52

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all I am a new member and am expecting delivery of a hybrid XLT next week. I purchased this vehicle specifically because it can be flat towed behind my motorhome with all four wheels down (per the owners manual). Anybody out there with experience towing a Maverick?​
I towed my XLT hybrid for the first time last week. Everything worked well to my location, however on our way back home, we stopped for lunch so I disengaged the neutral toe mode and cycled through drive and reverse as manual states to do. After lunch , went to engage neutral tow and it would not engage with dash showing disengaged. When turning ignition on , dash showed neutral to engage.

pdesroches

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2018 Sprinter LTV Class C and I just had my 2022 Hybrid Lariat set up to be towed. Previously had a Wrangler for toad and had all the Blue Ox equipment so I went with the Blue Ox Base Plate, Blue Ox Tow Bar and Patriot II braking system. After seeing someone else post a Roadmaster baseplate I must admit I like the looks of it a lot more than the Blue Ox. I just went with Blue Ox to save money. I took it out yesterday for test run behind my RV, went to CATS scale and Maverick weighed 3860 lbs compared to my Wrangler was 4780 lbs, so now I can take 900 lbs more stuff I don’t need ha. Easy set up for towing, I use portable trailer lights. Only issue I see is the Patriot II plugs into cigarette lighter and it only stays energized for 90 minutes after turning off accessories. Sorry for the long post, my first post on this forum.
I always used a portable battery with a 12v plug to power the patriot brake system.
Sponsored