Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sad to see....but it pays to always park in BFE. Not a 100% guarantee you won't get hit it but it cuts the chances way down.
It's funny you mention this! When I had my Mini Cooper S, I was at Costco and parked far away from other cars to avoid door dings & shopping carts. When I walked back to my car I see some SUV parked right next time me and I thought you gotta be kidding me!. When I got closer to the SUV it was my brother car....I think it runs in the family we all park far away!
Sponsored

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why does it happen that after parking in BFE, I return to my Maverick and there are cars on all sides of me even though there are like ten spots empty around me and them?
At that point you have to wonder is it a Maverick or a Magnet?

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was a Buick, watch for those Buicks, mainly older drivers. I too qualify as an older driver, but always watch out around Buicks.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why does it happen that after parking in BFE, I return to my Maverick and there are cars on all sides of me even though there are like ten spots empty around me and them?
My maverick was a magnet for the first year because there wasn't very many and everyone wanted to look at it. I could have parked in the middle of a field behind a walmart and it would have been surrounded when I returned. Now that there are getting to me ALOT more (I see them everywhere now with is both nice and mildly annoying haha it was cool to be one of the only ones for quite awhile since I got mine so early in the build cycle, mid Oct 21) my truck has lost alot of the magnetism

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And everyone just pretends stuff like this is no big deal and 90 year olds should be able to keep driving. I guess in Florida that would cut it down to half the population though. This entitled old man got out of his car and went to eat breakfast completely oblivious to the fact he hit someone else's car and parked on a 45 degree angle in a parking space. Then had to nerve to lie about it even with cops present. Was his daughter riding with him?
Younger drivers are far more accident prone than younger. Your insurance rate knows this.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that I have a new vehicle again I tend to park a distance away from others too, also some good advice is to never park next to a 2 door vehicle, those doors are longer & they have to be pushed farther open to get in & out, good for door dings. So far 5800 miles on my Maverick & no dings yet, the last car I bought new less than 100 miles some slutbag put a door ding in it.

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is always rough when that stuff happens, my fiancé thinks I am insane when I park far away yet first to gripe when someone parks super close to her. Not to mention it is good exercise.

I had someone rash up my fender on my GTI the other week when they pulled in next to me with their Expedition and left I was lucky my dash camera has a parking mode and caught the clip of them pulling in scraping my car and backing out and leaving. I was not fortunate to catch a plate but I was able to mostly buff it out and touch it up if you didn't know you would never see it. At least I knew what had happened cause I was scratching my head when I got a notification from the camera that it was set off.

Happy that it was a minimal issue and that things are good, still stinks that it happened.

Darrel R. Ferguson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rancharos mustangs explores chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So we went out for breakfast this AM and a few minutes after we parked this old guy (FL driver, probably close to 90) backs into the spot next to mine. Well, tried to. Argh. I flagged down some police officers that were also coming in for breakfast and they helped find the driver in the restuarant and we all went outside to have a look. At first the guy tried to suggest that he was parked there first but no one was buying that. Sadly I think he was just confused and embarrassed. His daughter was with him and we exchanged insurance info but thankfully there was no need -- the Mav took it like a champ and there was no damage, not even a scratch or scuff. Really mixed feelings about all this. At first I was pissed, but I know it was an accident and in the end no harm done. We'll all be old someday; I guess we need to keep perspective on things.

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0778.jpeg

IMG_0780.jpeg

IMG_0782.jpeg

IMG_0781.jpeg
just got the Mav back from a $5700 parking lot kiss. looks great again. if you don't wont to risk these thangs don't buy cars. they can be fixed or replaced.

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your parking job is just as bad as his.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So we went out for breakfast this AM and a few minutes after we parked this old guy (FL driver, probably close to 90) :rolleyes: next to mine.

IMG_0780.jpeg
What is up with all of these idiots who back into parking spots. I have seen them take much more time backing up into the spot and have had to wait for them to try two or three times to get it right. If they just pulled into the spot and backed out it would be less time for them (and us) and these problems (like your kiss) would not have happened.

Is this "backing into parking spots" some macho thing :rolleyes:

What really peaves me is when they do the backing up into diagonal parking spots by driving the wrong way (against the one-way arrow) then when leaving they again go the wrong way. If you happen to be entering the correct way (with the arrow) and they start out they expect you to get out of their way.

I avoid parking anywhere near these idiots if I see them parked and usually try to find a parking spot with one side protected like an end spot.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well done for keeping things in perspective - which is something that doesn't feel very common nowadays. Sorry it happened to your truck.

I will add, however, that the old gentleman's family needs to be responsible and know when the license needs to be taken away. Don't have enough facts to know if that's the case here.
My Dad is 91 still thinks he has a car even though he hasn't driven in 5 years. One of the hardest thing to do is to take their keys away. But in many cases it's the start of a long journey.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What is up with all of these idiots who back into parking spots.
Many people do it because it's generally safer when exiting the parking spot than backing out into possible traffic. Not everyone has rear cross traffic alert after all. Nothing macho about it.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm so paranoid about these parking lot hits that I park as far away as possible. Figure the walk and exercise will do me good in the long run. Have an 18 year old Excursion and no door dings or parking lot damage. Knock on wood.