Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We don't have our Maverick yet.
For peace of mind could you REcheck the max pressure on the tire sidewall :eek:

This is the Goodyear on our car, small car!

20220325_073233.jpg
Yes 50 is the max BUT you go 35psi as it says on the door because as you drive the pressure increases so if you start at 45 getting over 50psi happens quickly. I go by the door it's worked well for me for decades:)
Sponsored

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check your VIN. Unbeknownst to you it may have the Drag Package. T h at would explain the high ram torque converter engagement. Those are fun.
Sorry! I couldn`t resist.
Seriously, I have the same engine and transmission. I pray it`s not an epidemic.
GOOD LUCK!

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I had to guess......cost and weight savings. I think it's why non 4K tow Ecoboost Mavericks have the same low tow rating as the hybrid does, with the trans cooler and altered gearing, the extra heat from towing over 2k would drastically reduce transmission life. I wonder if Ford is kind of rolling the dice here and hoping that the extra trans cooler along with the change in gearing increases longevity on the 8F35 at least in 4K tow models. Also, based on pricing from the Ford Parts site I don't think it's a standard 8F35 due to the increased price for the Maverick 8F35 over the same 8F35 used in other models.
Thanks for the detailed analysis which is very helpful in evaluating a truck I ordered but never had a chance to drive because no dealer at the time had a truck in stock which wasn't spoken forđź‘Ť

Sponsored

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have the TC shudder issue with the focus? A lot of focus' from 2012 to 2014 had the issue.
When you took off from a stop, sometimes it would kick into neutral and you would be stuck in traffic. Turn the car off and restart it and hope it worked this time. Driving down the freeway, sometimes it would down shift a couple gears with a big bang. And yes it would shudder on acceleration. More so if the transmission was warm. I am experiencing these problems now. Took it to the dealer, but they tell me they can't get the parts to repair it. I am hoping it hangs in a couple more months till I get the Maverick. I will see what they give me on trade in. I had written Ford about the problems with the transmission and they replied with this is the first we heard of the problem. Then found out later that Ford knew they had a bad transmission from the start, but it was cheaper doing the recalls than replacing the transmission.

Fisheyelid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
An F150 is a $30k base truck, but can be optioned up to $80k-$90k. So if you have problems on an $80k truck, do you think "well you shouldn't have bought a $30k truck"? I guess I don't understand all the "it's a $20k vehicle" people.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
An F150 is a $30k base truck, but can be optioned up to $80k-$90k. So if you have problems on an $80k truck, do you think "well you shouldn't have bought a $30k truck"? I guess I don't understand all the "it's a $20k vehicle" people.
But it is a 20k truck and the difference between a 20k entry target and a 30k entry target is night and day. Also, the F150 is Ford's flagship product so comparing it to a Maverick is silly especially since the economy of scale is vastly different, the F150 is much more profitable because it's produced in such higher quantities over the Maverick so Ford can probably get away with a more expensive (durable) paint job and like I said, the F150 is their bread and butter, cheap Maverick quality paint on an F150 wouldn't bode well for them. The bottom line is compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges. My brother has had an F150 XL for over 5 years now for his business and the paint on it is great, to think you would get anything remotely close to that on a comparatively speaking very low production model like the Maverick is silly. Sorry but it's a 20k paint job which doesn't say much in the day and age where the average new car price is $48,000.00

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, K9rasco! I would like to like to into this issue you’re experiencing with your Maverick. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
WOW FORD does read these postings and gives a damn? What about building and delivering some orders FORD!! I have an order outstanding since JUNE 2021! Nearly one year!!

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Average price of a new car is just about $48,000.00. In the grand scheme of things it's inexpensive and even if you option it up to be $30,000.00+ it's still unfortunately all based on a $20k vehicle
I think that it’s a $30,000 vehicle that can be stripped down to a $21,500 vehicle.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You took my comment out of the context of "supposed to be". As was already posted, the average vehicle price is $48k and the base is $20k if you choose to option it that way. Choices are nice, yes?

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can tell by the dash. 2.0 has no tach
You can tell by the dash. 2.0 has no tach. You can tell by the dash. 2.5 has no tach

Fordguyw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like the same problem transmission they put on my 2014 ford focus.
Luckily, it's definitely not the same transmission used in the 2012-2016 Focus (as well as the 11-16 Fiesta). That was a DPS6 dual clutch 6-speed automatic. Those transmissions were (are) a nightmare because they have dual, electronically controlled, dry clutches in place of a torque converter. The 2.0 EcoBoost Maverick has an 8-speed automatic with a traditional, electronic lockup, torque converter.
Sponsored