First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you took off from a stop, sometimes it would kick into neutral and you would be stuck in traffic. Turn the car off and restart it and hope it worked this time. Driving down the freeway, sometimes it would down shift a couple gears with a big bang. And yes it would shudder on acceleration. More so if the transmission was warm. I am experiencing these problems now. Took it to the dealer, but they tell me they can't get the parts to repair it. I am hoping it hangs in a couple more months till I get the Maverick. I will see what they give me on trade in. I had written Ford about the problems with the transmission and they replied with this is the first we heard of the problem. Then found out later that Ford knew they had a bad transmission from the start, but it was cheaper doing the recalls than replacing the transmission.
Check out CarMax for your trade, we got $1,200.00 more then the dealer we have bought all our Fords from for decades (she got $6,200 for her 2016 Ford Fiesta SE with 88K miles on it. Hey 1,200 bucks paid for our Extended Warranty from Flood Ford which was only $1,100, $2,400 LESS then our dealer and I used some of my Ford Pass Points too so I only paid a grand. Good Luck đź‘Ť
Sponsored

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check out CarMax for your trade, we got $1,200.00 more then the dealer we have bought all our Fords from for decades (she got $6,200 for her 2016 Ford Fiesta SE with 88K miles on it. Hey 1,200 bucks paid for our Extended Warranty from Flood Ford which was only $1,100, $2,400 LESS then our dealer and I used some of my Ford Pass Points too so I only paid a grand. Good Luck đź‘Ť
Got notice today that my truck has finally been built. Probably another month to ship. Right now in this heat the car is running good. Have to clean it up and see what I am offered for the focus. Hate to get rid of it, recently got around 47mpg on a trip.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Ford official account? Thanks for the only email 10 months after your acknowledgement email of my order, appreciation of my patience. It really helps the disdain of your customer service.
I agree! Ford really needs to do much better with communication and updates for those of us "patiently waiting". :(

Sponsored

thyITguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have just received word from ford service department that they will likely be performing a full trans replacement

snek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just read this thread. My '22 xlt 2.0 eb awd mav with 5500 miles has been having weird drivetrain (transmission) issues. Reading this thread explains most of the weird issues i am having when putting it in reverse and accelerating from a stop. I am fearing that I am headed for a transmission failure event. I hate owning a vehicle I dont trust on road trips. We will see where these problems lead :(

OP
OP
k9rasco

k9rasco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just read this thread. My '22 xlt 2.0 eb awd mav with 5500 miles has been having weird drivetrain (transmission) issues. Reading this thread explains most of the weird issues i am having when putting it in reverse and accelerating from a stop. I am fearing that I am headed for a transmission failure event. I hate owning a vehicle I dont trust on road trips. We will see where these problems lead :(
That's exactly what annoys me the most. I bought a new vehicle because I did want to worry if it would start every morning. Unfortunately, my Maverick has not left me with that trust.

Scaplem

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, K9rasco! I would like to like to into this issue you’re experiencing with your Maverick. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
I had similar issue, thump and loud grinding from the engine compartment. I took it to the dealership and it’s been sitting there for over 30 days with no action. Service on the hybrid seems to be an issue- they only have one mechanic qualified to work on a hybrid. I can’t even get an estimate on when they will look at it. Very disheartening.
Sponsored