First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea, I had one weird time when I went through a car wash, drove home. Shut the truck off and it turned itself back on after I took the key out of the ignition... I've put on 3k miles since then and hasn't happened again.
If it happens again just name it Christine!
Sponsored

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you/is she leaving the vehicle in “Normal “ mode or using the different modes, in particular “Eco” mode? In Normal I’ll get about 22 MPG, in Eco I’ll typically get 25 MPG with up to 29 MPG under ideal conditions.
Yes mostly Normal, she used Eco for a bit but it didn’t really make much of a difference. I’ll have her try the Eco mode again, plus we’ll be moving off the winter blend of gas so maybe the new fuels will give her better mileage. She has 3,500 miles on it now so the engine should be broken in. But she loves the Maverick so that’s what I’m happy about;) thank you for the info too;)

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if Ford is kind of rolling the dice here and hoping that the extra trans cooler along with the change in gearing increases longevity on the 8F35 at least in 4K tow models.
Ford hoping for that extra trans cooler...

Ford Maverick ***FINAL UPDATE*** Transmission issues 21930002-7766077-image-a-18_1575682049715

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, K9rasco! I would like to like to into this issue you’re experiencing with your Maverick. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
We just put our Maverick in shop this morning for similar issue. 17k miles. The truck will rev to 4 to 5 k before engaging. Especially after sitting at a stop light or sitting for a moment. Mechanic at dealership and husband went for a drive, mechanic came back in very short time later, told them at the desk we need a loaner. So they are starting the process of figuring it out.

OP
OP
k9rasco

k9rasco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We just put our Maverick in shop this morning for similar issue. 17k miles. The truck will rev to 4 to 5 k before engaging. Especially after sitting at a stop light or sitting for a moment. Mechanic at dealership and husband went for a drive, mechanic came back in very short time later, told them at the desk we need a loaner. So they are starting the process of figuring it out.
Exactly what mine was doing.

Sponsored

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Luckily, it's definitely not the same transmission used in the 2012-2016 Focus (as well as the 11-16 Fiesta). That was a DPS6 dual clutch 6-speed automatic. Those transmissions were (are) a nightmare because they have dual, electronically controlled, dry clutches in place of a torque converter. The 2.0 EcoBoost Maverick has an 8-speed automatic with a traditional, electronic lockup, torque converter.
My 2012 focus has a 5 speed it has been absolutely bullet proof and super smooth for 200k miles.

It's not a supercar, give me a manual or a normal torque converter-based auto.

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, K9rasco! I would like to like to into this issue you’re experiencing with your Maverick. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
Is this an issue Ford has found? We are having a similar issue, but have not got a big thunk. The truck is at dealership but they cannot recreate, but service tech was able to see when we brought it in. We driving around in the city and every time we would have to stop for a few seconds, the rpms would get to 4 to 5k before finally going into gear. Is this a precursor to the thunk? I really don't want to get stranded.

OP
OP
k9rasco

k9rasco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's exactly how mine started. I am not sure what the problem or fix is though.

Sponsored

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive been documenting MTC Maverick issues from day 1. As far as I know you’re the first to mention corrosion and water in sensors. Did they find a massive water leak from the hood to the engine bay?
Rob-
I Have this issue same as several other posters mentioned awhile back as I’m late to this thread… but the dealer asshats plugged it in to scanner no issues and no lights! I have pictures, video, and FordPass now has over 60 faults in less than a month! Red battery light comes on, red alert, with audible tone saying service charging system 12v now. It’s due to water getting into the harness. It’s not just the ford Maverick that is having this issue!! I continue to fight to get mine fixed by the knuckleheads! Thanks for documenting and helping.. but this issue is annoying! Thankfully on the Maverick when it happens you can still drive it! On some of the f150’s and explorers when this happen the vehicle will be inoperable.
Ford Maverick ***FINAL UPDATE*** Transmission issues 2EB49E49-3B4E-4CA2-8B17-ABB3719A0855

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I never came back to this thread after initially posting a few months back. But yeah, mine ended up getting a new transmission. The first time I took it in they changed the trottle body(.....Edit -. Not throttle body. Meant valve bodyy That took about two weeks to get the truck back.

That didnt fix the issue. So I took it back immediately. The techs and the shop manager were not surprised. They said the guy that drove the truck up to me to deliver it reported he had still felt the problem (yet they still gave it to me saying, "if this didnt solve the issue we are just going to have to swap out the transmission.").

Anyway, it took another two weeks for me to get the truck back with a new transmission. The shop manager told me they had asked ford to let them do a transmission swap when I first took it in, but that Ford told them no. Ford asked them to do the throttle body first. The second time in the shop they ok'ed the trans replacement.

They said both times I took it in, there was metal inside of the transmission case. A lot they said (and I saw pictures... It was bad). They said their best guess is that during assembly the transmission casing was not cleaned well and that started the domino effect. /shrug

The problem was definitely fixed and the truck felt like it did back when I first bought it. I was taken care of in that I was given a rental the moment I asked for one (total of 15 days with a rental), and ultimately the trans swap happened very fast.

The transmission was swapped before I hit 2k miles. Those 2k miles were logged simply driving around town, primarily to and from work. A 10 mile commute.

Edit -. Not throttle body. Meant valve body.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never came back to this thread after initially posting a few months back. But yeah, mine ended up getting a new transmission. The first time I took it in they changed the trottle body(.....Edit -. Not throttle body. Meant valve bodyy That took about two weeks to get the truck back.

That didnt fix the issue. So I took it back immediately. The techs and the shop manager were not surprised. They said the guy that drove the truck up to me to deliver it reported he had still felt the problem (yet they still gave it to me saying, "if this didnt solve the issue we are just going to have to swap out the transmission.").

Anyway, it took another two weeks for me to get the truck back with a new transmission. The shop manager told me they had asked ford to let them do a transmission swap when I first took it in, but that Ford told them no. Ford asked them to do the throttle body first. The second time in the shop they ok'ed the trans replacement.

They said both times I took it in, there was metal inside of the transmission case. A lot they said (and I saw pictures... It was bad). They said their best guess is that during assembly the transmission casing was not cleaned well and that started the domino effect. /shrug

The problem was definitely fixed and the truck felt like it did back when I first bought it. I was taken care of in that I was given a rental the moment I asked for one (total of 15 days with a rental), and ultimately the trans swap happened very fast.

The transmission was swapped before I hit 2k miles. Those 2k miles were logged simply driving around town, primarily to and from work. A 10 mile commute.

Edit -. Not throttle body. Meant valve body.
No one wants problems, but this is actually the best case scenario. A bad transmission shows it self right out of the gate. You would know if you have the same problem quick enough with the new one. They took care of you and you’re on your way.
Sponsored