First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Started about a week ago, I was driving and it felt like I bumped the car into neutral, just started revving high. I stopped in a parking lot and shut the car off and restarted it and it seemed fine for a little bit. Fast forward a couple days and the first three gears were a little jumpy. This morning I was heading to work going about 40 miles an hour and there was a large thump, which sounded like plastic breaking and grinding. It immediately threw a check engine light. I coasted into a parking lot. I shut it down, restarted it and drove it to the dealership. Every time I began accelerating after a light change, it would rev up to about 4000-4500 rpm before it would start rolling.

Ford Maverick ***FINAL UPDATE*** Transmission issues PXL_20220322_092413434

Ford Maverick ***FINAL UPDATE*** Transmission issues Screenshot_20220322-065315
Sponsored

Last edited:

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Uh, oh. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
k9rasco

k9rasco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Uh, oh. Keep us posted.
Will do! Service advisor at the dealership asked if he could test drive it to see if he could duplicate the issue. He drove it through the exit door, and right back into the shop. He got out of the truck and said, yup, that's messed up.

He said it's the first Maverick in the shop.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Will do! Service advisor at the dealership asked if he could test drive it to see if he could duplicate the issue. He drove it through the exit door, and right back into the shop. He got out of the truck and said, yup, that's messed up.

He said it's the first Maverick in the shop.
This totally sucks! I hope it works out for you. Kind of good that is the only Maverick they’ve seen.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck! Seems to be a one off situation. Sucks it happened to you, but I’m sure they will make it right.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Started about a week ago, I was driving and it felt like I bumped the car into neutral, just started revving high. I stopped in a parking lot and shut the car off and restarted it and it seemed fine for a little bit. Fast forward a couple days and the first three gears were a little jumpy. This morning I was heading to work going about 40 miles an hour and there was a large thump, which sounded like plastic breaking and grinding. It immediately threw a check engine light. I coasted into a parking lot. I shut it down, restarted it and drove it to the dealership. Every time I began accelerating after a light change, it would rev up to about 4000-4500 rpm before it would start rolling.

PXL_20220322_092413434.jpg

Screenshot_20220322-065315.png
Hey, K9rasco! I would like to like to into this issue you’re experiencing with your Maverick. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

INFJBax

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4 hybrid
Hey, K9rasco! I would like to like to into this issue you’re experiencing with your Maverick. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
Ford official account? Thanks for the only email 10 months after your acknowledgement email of my order, appreciation of my patience. It really helps the disdain of your customer service.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford official account? Thanks for the only email 10 months after your acknowledgement email of my order, appreciation of my patience. It really helps the disdain of your customer service.
They can only build em so fast, atleast they want to fix em fast if something goes wrong. Since you are only a potential customer until you take the keys(thank GOD that they have keys) I would say promptly jumping on a drivetrain issue 14 hours later is good customer service. I imagine if the world hadnt been broken over the last few years you would have your Maverick by now and would be real happy when Ford corporate asks to help with any issues that arise.

Im throwing my money at the torque converter or whatever these transmissions us for one. I do hate autos and really wish we had a manual option. Automatic transmissions really operate solely on faith in fluid pressure. They turn a liquid into a psuedo-solid and thats what pushes you.... uphills!
Sponsored