First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Trim
XLT
Reliability? that's not what Ford is known for. Irregardless, the reason that most of us new comers buying the truck for is that it's supposed to be cheap or 'affordable'. But most dealers have fucked that up so bad that it's a one and done experience for people like myself. I'm sure I'm the one in minority here but heck if you want a convert from other brands it's time to make a good impression and unfortunately, Ford has sucked that up bigly.
Fyi...Ford generally has been more reliable than a lot of brands and especially GM and Chrysler. Way behind Toyota, Honda and Subaru though. I'm a big believer in Consumer Reports auto rating guides.

StillWaiting

XL
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Trim
XL
Reliability? that's not what Ford is known for. Irregardless, the reason that most of us new comers buying the truck for is that it's supposed to be cheap or 'affordable'. But most dealers have fucked that up so bad that it's a one and done experience for people like myself. I'm sure I'm the one in minority here but heck if you want a convert from other brands it's time to make a good impression and unfortunately, Ford has sucked that up bigly.
I disagree. I’m coming from dodge and the price and warranty is what sold me. You should look into the reliability since there are plenty of examples from Ford .

TonyS

XL
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 1998 Ford F-150
Trim
XL
Fyi...Ford generally has been more reliable than a lot of brands and especially GM and Chrysler. Way behind Toyota, Honda and Subaru though. I'm a big believer in Consumer Reports auto rating guides.
I've subscribed to Consumer Reports since the 1980's They are really useful and the only - one of the few places for unbiased reviews. They buy the products they test just like consumers do. As opposed to the various car magazines and online sites that get their stuff from the manufacturers. No doubt carefully gone through before they are loaned.

But their biggest strength on reliability reports - the huge number of people that fill out the annual survey on products they use including cars - is also a weakness. When it comes to reliability, they are always 18-24 months behind. So if a model or brand really turns the corner and improves a bunch - like say Hyundai did in 1999-2000, it is a couple of years before they notice. CR was not recommending my 2000 Accent when I purchased it - but places like Edmunds and JD Power were noting the obvious quality improvement. And if things go south, like Subaru's transmissions woes and the 1.5 Ecobost Ford motors failing at high rates (2017-2019) it was years before CR catches up with it and adjusts the ratings.

nwcali6

XL
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
t100
Trim
XL
I've not been a fan of autos my entire life. At least I could rebuild the older ones, by older I mean a 96 Dodge Diesel one, or a 4l60/80E (chevy).
Rebuilding those would be what convinced me to steer clear of autos.
From where I sit the Hybrid shares far more with a stick than a auto, even though they call it a auto (not sure why they do). It actually stays in the entire gear the entire time, only varies because of the electric side and a bunch of voodoo magic. :)

Maverick2023

XL
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Trim
XL
I disagree. I’m coming from dodge and the price and warranty is what sold me. You should look into the reliability since there are plenty of examples from Ford .
You’ve just validated my reason. Price. If this thing had cost mid 30s as starting price I think there would have been a different level of demand. Let’s see if I’m right on this the next time Ford makes a change in their pricing for next year model.

OP
OP
thyITguy

thyITguy

XLT
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Trim
XLT
It has taken a week but i now have a loaner and they are in the process of replacing transmission.
I was also told that they wanted to use my truck to find out exactly what broke. I seem to have a good relationship with the service advisor and will do my best to get as detailed response to my issue as i can and relay it here

Ralli

XLT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Trim
XLT
Mine is doing this now. Started last night. Seems hit or miss but always from a complete stop, not while moving. It is finally hot here and Im wondering if the outside temps have anything to do with it. Curious to hear what they find out for you.

OP
OP
thyITguy

thyITguy

XLT
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Trim
XLT
Hey @Ralli
sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing something similar. Was it like my vid ??

Thread folks:

I have my truck back I have put ~225 (2x ~110 miles highway trips) miles on it since I received the truck back from service. I was told upon getting it back that FORD told my service dept to "Red Tag" my original transmission. the service manager told me that means do not diagnose on site, crate it whole, and sent to them Michigan( I assume ). They replaced the entire transmission and drove it a bit <10mi. and gave me the keys.

As I said in the 225 miles on new trans I have all my power all the acceleration that I feel to be the same on original trans that i had from 10 to 926 miles after purchase

I had one small hesitation but i can't that that my foot didn't slip off petal or anything.

I'm open to direct questions if you have any

I would recommend that if your issues continue I hope you have a second car /get a loaner fast but get it to service under MFG warranty

ask away......

*edit on line 6 mileage count