Sponsored

Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids.

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
I gave up on the hybrid powertrain and ordered a Tremor. The 2.0L Ecoboost is an efficient engine itself and I’m just waiting on a Maverick Lightning or the TE1 truck from Blue Oval City.

The Tremor package might put me in the same predicament as ordering a Hybrid though. I guess we will find out!
Sponsored

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great. I ordered a new truck and I don't have any idea if I'll get it.
Based on what I read on this forum it's like playing craps in Las Vegas. The odds are against you. But people keep coming back because once in a while someone wins.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great. I ordered a new truck and I don't have any idea if I'll get it.
Based on what I read on this forum it's like playing craps in Las Vegas. The odds are against you. But people keep coming back because once in a while someone wins.
Ford has sold over 50,000. So, someone is obviously getting a truck.

AURktman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Frontier Pro-X
Engine
Undecided
My order went in on Friday 9/16 so hopefully that was soon enough to get one built this year.

Edit: Not sure how I managed it, but its a Priority 10 code.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My order went in on Friday 9/16 so hopefully that was soon enough to get one built this year.
I am not positive they will get the 22 rollovers(with VIN's) built this year.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh there is an elephant in the room, already…
Ford Maverick Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids. DBD0AE34-B4BD-4105-9CE5-E45A138B06DA

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When the computer is not being finicky it goes a lot quicker.

I was at a dealership Saturday morning and the salesperson took my information over to the sales manager to enter it and it took less than five minutes for him to come back with the printout for me to sign. That was at maybe 9:30 am on the east coast which was probably before the rest of the country was open.

When I set up the second order on Monday morning at about 11:00 AM it also took about five minutes for the manager to enter the information.

I don't know if they entered the COVP info at the same time or not.
is that "printout" your DORA? There are quite a few fields on there specifying your ordered packages and options, etc. I sat with my sales rep and watched him enter it in WBDO (he made a couple mistakes we caught) and only after I OK'd it did it get entered and me sign it. I might be paranoid, but I'd be worried if you are not seeing where exactly they are entering whatever info you gave the sales rep and reviewing before signing anything.

Did you get the "Order confirmed" email directly from Ford as well? If you did not get that and it's not submitted for COVP with confirmation, you may not have a valid order in the system...

Burch20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far I have heard from three sources that somewhere around 80% of the orders for 2023 Mavericks are for hybrids.

The Ford Video Guy said that about 80% of their hundreds of orders were for hybrids. That was covered well in this post.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...xlt-206-lariat-with-80-of-them-hybrids.20750/

There is a poll here that says that 72.9% of the 480 members that answered the poll had ordered hybrids

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/is-your-2023-order-a-hybrid-or-ecoboost.20390/

There was also a post in the Facebook Maverick group by someone at a smaller dealership that said that 21 of their 25 orders (84%) were for hybrids.

Ford has said that they expect that about 35% of the 2023 Mavericks can be built as hybrids.

1663763976876.png

Despite some of the wild numbers being thrown out no one really knows how many 2023 orders have been entered but I think that it is pretty safe to say that they have a lot more hybrid orders than they can fill.

It could be that Ford managing the orders well and closed the Hybrid order book before there were way more hybrid orders than they could fill but when you hear about dealerships with hundreds of customer orders I tend to doubt that.

Ford has already said not to expect any sort of price protection like they did for 2022 orders if you do not get a 2023 order. The tone of that memo which also said they would close the order books early sounded a bit panicked.

I set up my preorder in July for my ideal hybrid when the order book was scheduled for August when little of this was known. By Monday it was pretty clear that even with long wait that the odds of me getting that 2023 hybrid were not good so I set up a second order for an Ecoboost with a different dealer. I hope I will get the Ecoboost by next spring if not even by this winter since only 20% of the orders are for Ecoboosts.

We will not be driving a lot of miles each year on our Maverick so the lower MPG does not have a huge impact on us and the Ecoboost will still get better MPGs than the pickup it is replacing so that can work for us.

It is not clear to me if you will be allowed to change your order from Hybrid to Ecoboost after the order banks close. If someone knows for sure it would be good if you could clarify that.

If not then today(9/21/22) is the last day that you can set up an Ecoboost order so you might want to consider if you should change your order to Ecoboost or enter a backup Ecoboost order if not getting your hybrid would be a problem for you.

Any thoughts about this elephant?
Dealer called me today to confirm that my order went through. Last thing he said was "I just want to be as clear as possible, this truck will likely not be built."

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer called me today to confirm that my order went through. Last thing he said was "I just want to be as clear as possible, this truck will likely not be built."
Wow. At least you can manage expectations.

Sponsored

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I don't blame everyone. You might as well get a base model Toyota Tacoma if you want a gas Maverick.
Hybrid is major reason I went with Maverick. If Maverick didn't have the hybrid, or charged extra for the hybrid, I would have got a Honda Civic so I could keep driving a manual transmission.

If they only had Ecoboost, would have been a pass from me.

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greg, That’s exactly what I did, I just placed a second order for an identical truck with the ecoboost.

Last edited:

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Ford has sold over 50,000. So, someone is obviously getting a truck.

I think more people have had Yeti sightings than Maverick sightings. I won't believe Mavericks really exist until I'm sitting in one.

Until then, I'm just going to ride piggyback on my pet Yeti to work each morning.

Squanch_Lopez

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
True, but if you take care of it, it wont depreciate (or have a bunch of issues/recalls). Even a Ranger would be a good alternative.
It doesn't look like the Maverick is depreciating much and Mavericks can also get taken good care of, we'll see how the 23 MY does, I would hope it has less recalls than the 22.
Sponsored