Sponsored

Dealers are falsely cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders in the name of Ford!

Jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
I ordered the Hybrid Ford Maverick XLT on October 14. I received a confirmation email from Ford immediately after, but have received 0 communication since… that is until yesterday (12/14/21), when I received a phone call from my Ford dealership stating that Ford will not be able to fulfill my order and asked if I would be willing to either switch to next years model or change to the 2.0 EcoBoost. I would honestly be happy to wait until 2023, however there was no guarantee that cancelled orders like mine would be first on the list for the 2023 model nor did they have any direction on how much of a price change there might be. My dealership informed me that of the 16 hybrid orders they had, 14 were being cancelled. I am super frustrated and disappointed. The price, fuel economy and the fact that it could still do truck things was the perfect package… one could say it was too good to be true. With how many orders Ford received, I would not be surprised if we see multiple car manufacturers roll out a very similar package in the coming years. Because of the sloppy way Ford handled this situation, I hope to take my business elsewhere, though I will admit, as of right now there isn't a comparable vehicle on the market.
Sponsored

Sponsored

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
You change your order to a more expensive Ecoboost and the dealer gets a hybrid to sell off the lot with a substantial markup.

Win,win... for the dealer.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Definitely don't trust that dealer. Call Ford Customer Service ( 1-866-436-7332 )
I ordered 11/15 right under the wire. Got confirmation from Ford. Haven't heard about cancelation but with this mess Ford created it wouldn't surprise me. I understand about supply chain issues but the lack of communication is inexcusable.

pezkid266

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got back from my dealer. He did not tell me anything about ford cancelling orders. He has 10 people with hybrid orders. Only one has a build date . Not mine of course. He told me to be patient just a little longer. Sounds like your guy wants your truck so he can sell for a higher price.

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Color me skeptical but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to say your hybrid order was "cancelled" just to push an ecoboost on you that is coincidentally in route in order to boost their sales numbers for the year...

As everyone else said, then he'll just sell your hybrid with a 10K markup when it eventually comes in.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If this really happened (Ford canceled your Hybrid Order) then the dealer screwed up and didn't submit the required verification paperwork by the 11/17 cutoff date.

Many many warnings were published here on this forum and @fordvideoguy even put out a video for us and dealers to be sure to get the required paperwork in and verified by 11/17 or Ford will not build your Hybrid.