Sponsored

Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
So far I have heard from three sources that somewhere around 80% of the orders for 2023 Mavericks are for hybrids.

The Ford Video Guy said that about 80% of their hundreds of orders were for hybrids. That was covered well in this post.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...xlt-206-lariat-with-80-of-them-hybrids.20750/

There is a poll here that says that 72.9% of the 480 members that answered the poll had ordered hybrids

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/is-your-2023-order-a-hybrid-or-ecoboost.20390/

There was also a post in the Facebook Maverick group by someone at a smaller dealership that said that 21 of their 25 orders (84%) were for hybrids.

Ford has said that they expect that about 35% of the 2023 Mavericks can be built as hybrids.

Ford Maverick Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids. 1663763976876

Despite some of the wild numbers being thrown out no one really knows how many 2023 orders have been entered but I think that it is pretty safe to say that they have a lot more hybrid orders than they can fill.

It could be that Ford managing the orders well and closed the Hybrid order book before there were way more hybrid orders than they could fill but when you hear about dealerships with hundreds of customer orders I tend to doubt that.

Ford has already said not to expect any sort of price protection like they did for 2022 orders if you do not get a 2023 order. The tone of that memo which also said they would close the order books early sounded a bit panicked.

I set up my preorder in July for my ideal hybrid when the order book was scheduled for August when little of this was known. By Monday it was pretty clear that even with long wait that the odds of me getting that 2023 hybrid were not good so I set up a second order for an Ecoboost with a different dealer. I hope I will get the Ecoboost by next spring if not even by this winter since only 20% of the orders are for Ecoboosts.

We will not be driving a lot of miles each year on our Maverick so the lower MPG does not have a huge impact on us and the Ecoboost will still get better MPGs than the pickup it is replacing so that can work for us.

It is not clear to me if you will be allowed to change your order from Hybrid to Ecoboost after the order banks close. If someone knows for sure it would be good if you could clarify that.

If not then today(9/21/22) is the last day that you can set up an Ecoboost order so you might want to consider if you should change your order to Ecoboost or enter a backup Ecoboost order if not getting your hybrid would be a problem for you.

Any thoughts about this elephant?
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two thoughts on this. Either Ford did manage the orders well and dealers are only going to be able to order EB for stock because all of the hybrids are accounted for already or Ford is counting on some level of cancellation.

If you have an EB order, this should make you feel better. But this doesn't mean doom and despair for the hybrid orders.... yet.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a hybrid, but now I have done everyone who ordered one a favor and switched to a Tremor. Now that they don't have to build my hybrid they can build someone else's. You're Welcome!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

My XLT Tremor will be slightly more expensive than the fully loaded Lariat Hybrid I originally ordered (thanks to the lack of the private offer applying to the Tremor) but it is really what I want. I don't need a Tremor, but I just like how it looks and I want it. So, here we are. Maybe it will actually get made this [model] year.

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I‘m hoping that since they closed hybrid customer orders early that even though with the 80% hydrid orders recieved, they’re still under the 35% capacity for the year.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think we should start referring to them as "attempted orders". Calling them orders gives the misplaced confidence that they will be filled.

Sponsored

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I‘m hoping that since they closed hybrid customer orders early that even though with the 80% hydrid orders recieved, they’re still under the 35% capacity for the year.
This is my hope as well. My wife and I were Day 3 Bronco reservation holders for 2+ years and never got built. We were the lowest unfulfilled reservation number our dealer had for a 4-door for MONTHS and never got scheduled. We gave up on it and ordered an Explorer with took 3 months (to the day) order to delivery. Really hoping this isn't gonna be Bronco round 2 for me, haha. I'll wait for a year, but I'm not sure about 2. Going to need a car for myself eventually; our Escape's HV battery is on its last legs.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my hope as well. My wife and I were Day 3 Bronco reservation holders for 2+ years and never got built; we have up on it and got an Explorer. Really hoping this isn't gonna be Bronco round 2 for me, haha.
That's the thing though. A Day 3 order might as well be a day 300 order given how quickly there were going in. My dealer put in 112 the first night and they aren't a huge dealer. If you waited until day 3, you will be waiting a while. So, the hope is Ford set the retail limits to be what they can actually build.

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the thing though. A Day 3 order might as well be a day 300 order given how quickly there were going in. My dealer put in 112 the first night and they aren't a huge dealer. If you waited until day 3, you will be waiting a while. So, the hope is Ford set the retail limits to be what they can actually build.
This is my hope too. We placed our Bronco reservation 7/17/20 (shame on us for thinking about it for a few days during uNpReCeDeNtEd times); placed first order 2/15/21, got bumped to MY22, and re-ordered in 10/21, then come June of this year we were about to get bumped to MY23 and said F this and jumped off that trainwreck. Gas prices hitting $5+/gal helped that decision too. I echo you, though. Really hoping Ford cut off the hybrid orders such that they can actually build what they received, but if my past experience is anything to go on, it may be a pipe dream. I really am not interested in an EB.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my hope too. We placed our Bronco reservation 7/17/20 (shame on us for thinking about it for a few days during uNpReCeDeNtEd times); placed first order 2/15/21, got bumped to MY22, and re-ordered in 10/21, then come June of this year we were about to get bumped to MY23 and said F this and jumped off that trainwreck. Gas prices hitting $5+/gal helped that decision too. I echo you, though. Really hoping Ford cut off the hybrid orders such that they can actually build what they received, but if my past experience is anything to go on, it may be a pipe dream.
The only thing that throws that off is if Ford took the airline approach and overbooked with the estimation that a certain percentage will cancel based on past trends.

Sponsored

Squanch_Lopez

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I ordered an XLT hybrid with cp360, I think my order was #6 at my dealership which makes me hopeful that my order will be fulfilled, unless the dealership only gets enough allocations for rollovers.

Last edited:

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed. And Dealer and regional allocations are going to be the biggest factors in determining when yours gets built, followed by constraints.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed. And Dealer and regional allocations are going to be the biggest factors in determining when yours gets built, followed by constraints.
Yep. You could be number 99 on the list but if the 98 in front of you are hybrids and you are an EB, you are likely to be built before most of those. There is a lot that goes into it.
Sponsored