Sponsored

Dealers are falsely cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders in the name of Ford!

patchmar93

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my Lariat Hybrid on 10/30 and no information yet either.
Sponsored

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer is dealing you

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You need to report the dealer for this bullsh*t. But it’s also Ford and other manufacturers’ faults for not having the balls to stand up to the dealership lobby. The most important thing is to give customers like yourself access to info on forums like this.

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is NO WAY Ford wouldn't have emailed you if they cancelled your order. Call ford customer service. That sounds like the dealer is being sketchy
Yeah they're trying to tell them they cancelled the order when in reality the dealer just gets it and sells it at a $10k markup right?

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
When someone makes a statement without correctly checking what they are typing (especially from a salesman) it is irresponsible. If everyone believed everything told to them at the dealership we all would be paying for undercoating, extended warranties, service contracts, dent insurance, ceramic paint sealant, nitrogen tire inflation, and anything else that the dealer can sell you. Oh and $10,000 non refundable deposits.
The problem is the Post's title! Obviously many on here are not familiar with the fable "CHICKEN LITTLE" and are optimists. Those who are pessimists and would never believe a salesman at a dealership would get information as presented, before someone more reputable on here is knowledgeable about what is actually true than the fake news supplied generating this much unnecessary drama. Hopefully all will simply head their post with, IS THIS POSSIBLY TRUE. Now anyone believe that all future delivered Mavs will cost 5K more? My UPS guy heard that from the FedX girl who delivers parts to dealers. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Chicken Little

Sponsored

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered the Hybrid Ford Maverick XLT on October 14. I received a confirmation email from Ford immediately after, but have received 0 communication since… that is until yesterday (12/14/21), when I received a phone call from my Ford dealership stating that Ford will not be able to fulfill my order and asked if I would be willing to either switch to next years model or change to the 2.0 EcoBoost. I would honestly be happy to wait until 2023, however there was no guarantee that cancelled orders like mine would be first on the list for the 2023 model nor did they have any direction on how much of a price change there might be. My dealership informed me that of the 16 hybrid orders they had, 14 were being cancelled. I am super frustrated and disappointed. The price, fuel economy and the fact that it could still do truck things was the perfect package… one could say it was too good to be true. With how many orders Ford received, I would not be surprised if we see multiple car manufacturers roll out a very similar package in the coming years. Because of the sloppy way Ford handled this situation, I hope to take my business elsewhere, though I will admit, as of right now there isn't a comparable vehicle on the market.
That is strange, I just read Ford is taking orders again, I don't know if I trust your dealer...

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Personally posts like this I am appreciative of. It gives me things to look out for. Could the title be different, yes, but at the time of the post sounds like the OP thought that was true because he was told by a employee of "Ford". If I was to be called by my sales person and was given some information I would assume that it came from "Ford" since they work at a "Ford" dealership. So the only one that is causing drama in my book is the "Ford" employee which is a representative of "Ford" again in my opinion.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored
OP
OP

Jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Again, I just want to thank this forum for helping me out. I am still skeptical that I will get my truck, as when it all comes down to it, I have to go through my dealer, who has "been directed by the manufacturer that this order can't be fulfilled." I have changed the name of this forum from "Watch out... Ford is cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders" to "Dealers are falsely cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders in the name of Ford!" My original intent was to sound a warning call and yes, start a fight with Ford who I felt had done me wrong in this business exchange. I assumed there would be thousands like myself dealing with the same issue and that this would be the best platform to speak out. In my ignorance, and lack of experience with purchasing vehicles from dealerships, I did not consider I would be blatantly lied to. I sincerely apologize for misleading anyone and hope at the end of the day, all of us will be driving away with the truck we ordered.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Again, I just want to thank this forum for helping me out. I am still skeptical that I will get my truck, as when it all comes down to it, I have to go through my dealer, who has "been directed by the manufacturer that this order can't be fulfilled." I have changed the name of this forum from "Watch out... Ford is cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders" to "Dealers are falsely cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders in the name of Ford!" My original intent was to sound a warning call and yes, start a fight with Ford who I felt had done me wrong in this business exchange. I assumed there would be thousands like myself dealing with the same issue and that this would be the best platform to speak out. In my ignorance, and lack of experience with purchasing vehicles from dealerships, I did not consider I would be blatantly lied to. I sincerely apologize for misleading anyone and hope at the end of the day, all of us will be driving away with the truck we ordered.
It really has to do with Ford's s wonky ordering system. Why make things so complicated by having 2 steps that should only really be 1? It just further adds confusion for many of us who have never done a reservation order before. Would it be so hard to only send out a confirmation email after the necessary customer docs have been submitted? Had it not been for Tim @fordvideoguy, this forum and other similar ones, I would have never been keen to this secondary ordering ROVP system. Why is the onus placed on the customer to hound their dealer for proof that their order was entered into this secret ROVP system? We dropped our deposit and got a signed buyers order, and that should be the end of it. Its almost like Ford wants to provide a loophole for scum bag dealers to exploit. Since Ford's aim is to make reservation purchasing the norm, I surely hope they take a hard look at this method and streamline it for the sake of future customers.

While I am relieved to have finally gotten scheduled, seeing @Jesse and others get the run around makes me weary of doing business with an authorized Ford dealer again.

Last edited:

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have changed the name of this forum from "Watch out... Ford is cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders" to "Dealers are falsely cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders in the name of Ford!"
Sorry you are being screwed by your dealer and I understand your need for validation. But please stop trying to generalize this as something that is affecting all who have hybrid orders. The truth is that these are isolated incidents that have been previously reported in less dramatic fashion.

zstorms

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
I ordered the Hybrid Ford Maverick XLT on October 14. I received a confirmation email from Ford immediately after, but have received 0 communication since… that is until yesterday (12/14/21), when I received a phone call from my Ford dealership stating that Ford will not be able to fulfill my order and asked if I would be willing to either switch to next years model or change to the 2.0 EcoBoost. I would honestly be happy to wait until 2023, however there was no guarantee that cancelled orders like mine would be first on the list for the 2023 model nor did they have any direction on how much of a price change there might be. My dealership informed me that of the 16 hybrid orders they had, 14 were being cancelled. I am super frustrated and disappointed. The price, fuel economy and the fact that it could still do truck things was the perfect package… one could say it was too good to be true. With how many orders Ford received, I would not be surprised if we see multiple car manufacturers roll out a very similar package in the coming years. Because of the sloppy way Ford handled this situation, I hope to take my business elsewhere, though I will admit, as of right now there isn't a comparable vehicle on the market.
Do not cancel your '22 hybrid order (yet)

I received the same two options when my dealer called about my hybrid xlt order (placed on July 17th) last week. The dealer told me I could expect to receive a '23 hybrid XLT in fall 2022, if I didn't switch my order to an ecoboost. This seemed odd, so I called Ford customer service yesterday morning, and they encouraged me to keep my order as is. After lunch yesterday, I received my 'scheduled for production' email from Ford. My hybrid XLT will be built on Feb 21st.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You need to report the dealer for this bullsh*t. But it’s also Ford and other manufacturers’ faults for not having the balls to stand up to the dealership lobby. The most important thing is to give customers like yourself access to info on forums like this.
That’s not as easy as it sounds. The dealers are Ford’s outlet for sales, without that, no sales.
Sponsored