Sponsored

Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When my dealer called to confirm I wanted to move my22 to my23 he suggested to change it to an echo boost to get faster. Next day he called to confirm that gonna leave as hybrid remove spray in bed liner and make priority 10 and hope for the best. Doest sound promising to me and my original order was placed 10/15/2021
Yea when I added the Black Appearance package to my hybrid the dealer suggested removing it because it could “delay the build”. I said really….like two more months on an order that could take two years. He said “good point 😁”. Added the package and when I got confirmation he added copilot 360 without my approval. I guess he figured what the he!! might as well ride this out…lol
Sponsored

Edrobyn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I’m not mistaken doesn’t the Maverick use the same hybrid system as the Escape? I haven’t heard there being issues with getting those built.

Hkak45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You make a great point and I'm really interested in how this shakes out in the next 3-5 years. Ford's been very open about wanting the Maverick to bring in non-truck owners to their offerings, and I really wonder how many more people will love their Maverick for a handful of years then start having the "you know, it would be nice if..." conversations and consider the F-150 or Ranger.

Makes me believe more and more Maverick production, especially hybrids, will never, ever reach *true* demand capacity. The Maverick is to Ford what the rotisserie chicken and hot dogs are to Costco. Price them at razor thin margins, or even a loss, and build just few enough so it's not a headache, in hopes to get people in the door and start spending real money. If you're into watches, this is the exact playbook Swatch/Omega has done:

https://timeandtidewatches.com/its-...-in-the-wake-of-the-moonswatch-collaboration/

1200x-1.jpg
I think the appeal to a lot of people with the maverick is they can get a truck like vehicle and also park it in the garage, fit it in city parking spots, feel comfortable driving it since not too overly large. I feel like many people may stay maverick because of the size. I don't really think many people in large cities with tight parking spots will jump to F150 ever. But then again all the suburbanites will since they can have space for it so maybe I'm wrong

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I’m not mistaken doesn’t the Maverick use the same hybrid system as the Escape? I haven’t heard there being issues with getting those built.
The drivetrain in the Maverick has been around a LONG time. Its first iteration was in the 05-07 Escape Hybrid, which is my current commuter car. It's a tank, but the HV battery isn't doing so hot and I can't really justify replacing it (ideally the Maverick will replace this car; just hoping the HV battery holds on for long enough).

Fun little history lesson, the actual hybrid technology Ford developed in the mid 2000s for the escape was so similar to Toyota's because Toyota and Ford were developing their first gen hybrid tech at the same time and they realized they both developed (more or less) the same thing and decided to share patents. The 2005-2012 Escape eCVT is actually made by Aisin Seiki, which is a Toyota subsidiary. Not sure who makes the mav's eCVT now. And the IC engine is basically a Mazda engine. So yeah, proven stuff, and very Japanese.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Scott052065

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick lariat hybrid/ 2018 Ford sel edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea when I added the Black Appearance package to my hybrid the dealer suggested removing it because it could “delay the build”. I said really….like two more months on an order that could take two years. He said “good point 😁”. Added the package and when I got confirmation he added copilot 360 without my approval. I guess he figured what the he!! might as well ride this out…lol
The problem I'm now having still have not received confirmation from Ford received a notice that I'm signed up for emails notice from Ford bit not a confirmation liked I received on 10/15/21

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure who makes the mav's eCVT now.
Ford has been manufacturing them in-house since IIRC 2013, although the electric motor assemblies were manufactured by Toshiba. With the Maverick Ford now produces those as well.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it me or does anyone else wonder why the hybrid is so much more desirable? Based on a 10000 mile year my newly ordered 2.0 eco will cost me just around $325 per year in fuel usage. Plus with the 2.0 I got awd , more Hp, 4000 towing and hopefully no battery replacement issues down the road. For some hi milers I’m sure the 40 mpg is awesome but for my average yearly miles not so. Is a lot it advertising, hype
I mean, with most battery replacements, that down the line point is 15-20 years in many cases. The hybrid will be the more reliable powertrain for sure.
Sponsored