Sponsored

Dealers are falsely cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders in the name of Ford!

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a base hybrid on October 30 at Larson Ford in Lakewood, New Jersey. I called the Ford Customer Service today and no issues with my order. Said I may get it late April or May.
Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thatā€™s not as easy as it sounds. The dealers are Fordā€™s outlet for sales, without that, no sales.
Manufacturers have tons of money to throw around lobbying for getting rid of state mandated dealerships. The way I see it, the reason they choose not to is laziness and fear of trying something new. Honestly, Ford is probably the most progressive in this respect of the legacy automakers, but Tesla and all the EV startups like Rivian, Lucid, etc are going dealership-free, courtesy of states like California that allow it. Hell, the big 3 have so much sway in Michigan that it'd be a piece of cake to start a pilot program there and see how it goes.

Mavvy228

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the Hybrid Ford Maverick XLT on October 14. I received a confirmation email from Ford immediately after, but have received 0 communication sinceā€¦ that is until yesterday (12/14/21), when I received a phone call from my Ford dealership stating that Ford will not be able to fulfill my order and asked if I would be willing to either switch to next years model or change to the 2.0 EcoBoost. I would honestly be happy to wait until 2023, however there was no guarantee that cancelled orders like mine would be first on the list for the 2023 model nor did they have any direction on how much of a price change there might be. My dealership informed me that of the 16 hybrid orders they had, 14 were being cancelled. I am super frustrated and disappointed. The price, fuel economy and the fact that it could still do truck things was the perfect packageā€¦ one could say it was too good to be true. With how many orders Ford received, I would not be surprised if we see multiple car manufacturers roll out a very similar package in the coming years. Because of the sloppy way Ford handled this situation, I hope to take my business elsewhere, though I will admit, as of right now there isn't a comparable vehicle on the market.
This development is pretty scary and when you receive the call from your dealer we are apt to believe it's the truth. Thanks for those that have responded and say to contact Ford Customer Service to get an answer!

lapercussion

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
I was told january or february to receive my hybrid xl. I heard directly from ford I ordered in june. I went to dealer couple days ago to see if they had a maverick. they had one only (not for sale) I was able to sit in the truck and check it out they are very very very cool! these trucks are way under priced 20 grand (like 25 to get it out probably) was crazy which is why I ordered one. They are selling on the used markets for 10k over sticker! don't trust the dealers they could sell a hybrid 5-8k over sticker easily!!! I talked a little to sales guy but he didn't really want to talk to me since I'd already put dibbs in on my truck. If you get a communication that your truck is cancelled call ford turn the dealer in and have the truck delivered to a different dealer.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Underpriced lol ok maybe for you but it should be 3k less in my book. Starting 17k for nothing and up to 30k for it all.

Sponsored

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider 124 and Mazda 6
Again, I just want to thank this forum for helping me out. I am still skeptical that I will get my truck, as when it all comes down to it, I have to go through my dealer, who has "been directed by the manufacturer that this order can't be fulfilled." I have changed the name of this forum from "Watch out... Ford is cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders" to "Dealers are falsely cancelling 2022 Hybrid orders in the name of Ford!" My original intent was to sound a warning call and yes, start a fight with Ford who I felt had done me wrong in this business exchange. I assumed there would be thousands like myself dealing with the same issue and that this would be the best platform to speak out. In my ignorance, and lack of experience with purchasing vehicles from dealerships, I did not consider I would be blatantly lied to. I sincerely apologize for misleading anyone and hope at the end of the day, all of us will be driving away with the truck we ordered.
Intend that you get everything all sorted out. You placed your order. You haven't received a confirmation. Dealer is saying 12 Hybrids from their dealership got cancelled. Ford, themselves, announced a couple months ago that dealers were putting in false orders and that they were going to sift through them and cancel them. Your dealer obviously didn't do something right to get that many Mavericks cancelled. Who knows what... could be the dealer owes Ford too much money right now or that dealership is not on good terms financially with Ford. Not your problem but it is your concern. Fact is, you placed an order. If you initiated the call to check up on your order and they provided you this news, I would say sketchy. If they reached out to you, then maybe it's Ford themselves that made the mistake.

Whatever the reason, you need to contact Ford Customer Service as many people here have advised you to do so that you can get to the bottom of this and find out the truth, and report back to what is actually happening.

You already are aware that Ford has introduced for pre-order the Broncos, F-150 Lightning, the Mach-E, and the Maverick all within the same time-frame and they are busting their kahunis trying to get orders fulfilled, parts in to produce the vehicles, etc. to meet the demand. Ford is rocking it right now and they are slowly but surely delivering vehicles. In the meantime they have a plethora of F-150's and who knows what else sitting on parking lots waiting on parts.

And while delivering a newly-developed truck that has a 20k starting price when during the pandemic, used cars and trucks are selling well over their value? To go and buy an F-150 the way you want it, or a Silverado at MSRP is very difficult to do.

This is a different time for all of us. We are used to walking in a dealership, pointing, test drive, get the vehicle financed and out the door in 1/2 a day or less. Waiting for our vehicle to be produced is so different for all of us. We aren't used to the long wait and thankfully most of us have a vehicle we are driving while we wait.

There are other dealers and you need to find out what the facts are, provide us with your findings, and then move on with either ordering a 2023 (not such a bad idea) or finding another dealer. In the meantime, you may be able to plead your case with Ford Customer Care and get them to reinstate your order as it was and see if they can move it to another dealer of your choice.

Sorry this has happened to you, but even I was worrying every day if everything would come together and I would be able to pick up my Maverick. Even when the truck got delivered to the lot, I wondered if they would accidentally sell it. When I went to pick it up, I asked if I could test drive it and they laughed and said "Of course, it's yours!". Even when I went to the finance office, there was still that "Is this real... will there be something that the dealer will do to keep me from driving off with it" even though I had 100% confidence in my sales guy and dealer, it was always the back of my mind. I mean, honestly, even when you special order and it arrives and you have a deposit... anything can happen! Our only refuse is to fight for what was promised and reach out to these forums for guidance or to share our experience... positive or negative.

Get us the truth and let's move on from there. Not all dealers are doing this.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rudy

First Name
RUDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CADILLAC
Definitely don't trust that dealer. Call Ford Customer Service ( 1-866-436-7332 )
I ORDERED 6/21 AND DON'T HAVE A BUILD DATE YET. DID YOU GET A BUILD DATE?

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered Hybrid Lariat on 10/29. The dealer told me last week, I should get my VIN late this week.
Hmmm! I ordered my Hybrid XLT on 10/18 and have heard nothing yet other than Ford Confirmation the day of my order.. I'm an A/Z Plan and ordered Hybrid, Luxury Pkg, and Ford 360 Pkg.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would he contact Ford marketing before verifying no one else has had this happen. I disagree, that is why this site is here to get information and check the authenticity. It is right to point out those dealers who are lying and cheatings. If you don't have information or comment then go to next post.
Exactly. I thought this was a safe forum to let people know what has happened to othersā€™ builds.

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nothing yet either. I'm hoping after this 3 week break. It's looking more and more like a birthday present lol.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry you are being screwed by your dealer and I understand your need for validation. But please stop trying to generalize this as something that is affecting all who have hybrid orders. The truth is that these are isolated incidents that have been previously reported in less dramatic fashion.
Hmmm. I didnā€™t read it as a generalization when I read the post ( yeah, change the title, but thanks for the other info, Jesse)

wildman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's time for a class action law suit.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that blows dude 6/21 is a long time.

Perhaps a 12 pack and some beef jerky for the GM of the dealership can get you some headway.
I got my order moved up from build code 10 to 2 after schmoozing with the GM and sales associate.
No beer or jerky was needed in my case.

best of luck don't give up and always be courteous it's a sellers market and these people need massaging

but if strong words are exchanged it does not bode well for the buyer
Sponsored

Last edited: