First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am confused as to why a simple 4-pin plug should be so difficult to splice into the existing tail lights. Everything that I have owned in the past 20 years had pre-installed hitch and plug, so I am out of touch on modern car electronics. In the old days, we simply tapped into the tail lights for 3 wires to the trailer: left turn, right turn, and running lights. Brake lights were just a combination of both turn signals, (the old 1157 bulb). With LEDS, I cannot see how two additional lights on a trailer could overload wiring. Before I torch my car's wiring, I will be standing by for your results! Thanks
The good old days. :)
Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was then and now it's Supposed to be easier, And in regards to the Bronco Sport wiring harness someone posted something about having to splice a couple of the wires together
Yes, on the Bronco Sport wiring harness, the red and brown wires need to be cross-switched from red to brown and brown to red to make it work. You DO NOT need to cut any wires on the Maverick itself.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I agree but I think to avoid any warranty issues I would use a Licensed Auto Electrician 🚘
I worked at a dealership for 15 years and have NEVER seen a warranty claim refused for trailer hitch wiring. Jeezus man.

getoffmylawn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 F250 7.3, 97 BMW 328i Conv, 12 Kia Soul 1.6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've read, the Maverick and Bronco Sport 'frame' are very similar. I've seen a Bronco Sport hitch from Curt and 1 on Amazon. Any Idea if the mount points are the same or adaptable?

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the Curt wiring harness for a Bronco Sport off of etrailer. They work on the Maverick. The pigtails plug into the lights on both sides. You need to cross cross the red to brown and brown to red on the wiring harness in order for everything to work properly. DO NOT cut and splice the wires that are factory installed on your Maverick.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've read, the Maverick and Bronco Sport 'frame' are very similar. I've seen a Bronco Sport hitch from Curt and 1 on Amazon. Any Idea if the mount points are the same or adaptable?
I really don't know and would not able to confirm it. I have not seen the Bronco Sport tow hitch bar.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may have missed it somewhere in the thread but what is the cost of the Ford tow hitch crash bar?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Miles777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I really don't know and would not able to confirm it. I have not seen the Bronco Sport tow hitch bar.
Below is a photo of the Curt Bronco Sport Hitch Receiver.

Also attached is another Bronco Sport Hitch Receiver from Draw-Tite, with a different mounting arrangement. Apparently it's more difficult to install.

I'm not having any luck finding a similar photo of the Maverick receiver, but I've attached a photo showing the Maverick part that was posted by a DIYer.

My suspicion is that neither of the mounting hole patterns for the aftermarket Bronco Sport hitches match up with a Maverick, otherwise the aftermarket hitches would be shown as also fitting Mavericks.

Ford Maverick DIY - Tow Hitch Installation Curt Bronco Sport Hitch Receiver.JPG

Ford Maverick DIY - Tow Hitch Installation Draw-Tite Bronco Sport Hitch Receiver.JPG

Ford Maverick DIY - Tow Hitch Installation Maverick Hitch Receiver

Last edited:

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Diesel Crew Cad