First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered the Curt 2022 Bronco Sport Wiring harness from etrailer.com. So hopefully I'll have a success story and a DIY instruction sheet for us when I'm done.
Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford doesn't have an aftermarket harness yet
The Bronco Sport wiring harness works. I just had mine installed yesterday. The pigtails plug into both sides of your rear lights and has a direct wire to the battery and its own fuses.

When you install it, youā€™ll need to switch the red to brown wires on your wiring harness to make everything work properly. I ordered the Curt Bronco Sport wiring harness from etrailer. It was $108.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And before anyone has a smart remark about ā€œyou should have added the tow receiver for $100 when you ordered your truckā€, just remember, not all of us have our original order yet. Most of us got tired of waiting and got lucky to find one that a customer canceled, and we were fortunate enough to purchase it. The hybrid XLT with CP360 and the lux package I ordered on 19 Oct is a crap shoot when it will be built. I couldnā€™t wait any longer, and I feel like I won the lottery finding the hybrid XL I have now.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And before anyone has a smart remark about ā€œyou should have added the tow receiver for $100 when you ordered your truckā€, just remember, not all of us have our original order yet. Most of us got tired of waiting and got lucky to find one that a customer canceled, and we were fortunate enough to purchase it. The hybrid XLT with CP360 and the lux package I ordered on 19 Oct is a crap shoot when it will be built. I couldnā€™t wait any longer, and I feel like I won the lottery finding the hybrid XL I have now.
In a do it yourself
In a DIY šŸŒŽ you would think Ford would just add the Hitch as a Standard feature and just adjust the base price of the Maverick. It's pretty easy to overlook that option as your building your truck the sticker shock after the fact is pretty SeverešŸ„ŗ

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I agree but I think to avoid any warranty issues I would use a Licensed Auto Electrician šŸš˜
No splicing into the factory wiring is necessary. The splicing is on the BS wiring harness where the red and brown wires need to be spliced and crossed. Therefore, no factory wiring is spliced, and doesnā€™t affect the warranty. Buy the Curt BS wiring harness from etrailer. It has a direct wire to the battery and itā€™s own fuse box.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No splicing into the factory wiring is necessary. The splicing is on the BS wiring harness where the red and brown wires need to be spliced and crossed. Therefore, no factory wiring is spliced, and doesnā€™t affect the warranty. Buy the Curt BS wiring harness from etrailer. It has a direct wire to the battery and itā€™s own fuse box.
It's not all BS on this forum thanks for the tipšŸ¤™

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered the Curt 2022 Bronco Sport Wiring harness from etrailer.com. So hopefully I'll have a success story and a DIY instruction sheet for us when I'm done.
I am confused as to why a simple 4-pin plug should be so difficult to splice into the existing tail lights. Everything that I have owned in the past 20 years had pre-installed hitch and plug, so I am out of touch on modern car electronics. In the old days, we simply tapped into the tail lights for 3 wires to the trailer: left turn, right turn, and running lights. Brake lights were just a combination of both turn signals, (the old 1157 bulb). With LEDS, I cannot see how two additional lights on a trailer could overload wiring. Before I torch my car's wiring, I will be standing by for your results! Thanks

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am confused as to why a simple 4-pin plug should be so difficult to splice into the existing tail lights. Everything that I have owned in the past 20 years had pre-installed hitch and plug, so I am out of touch on modern car electronics. In the old days, we simply tapped into the tail lights for 3 wires to the trailer: left turn, right turn, and running lights. Brake lights were just a combination of both turn signals, (the old 1157 bulb). With LEDS, I cannot see how two additional lights on a trailer could overload wiring. Before I torch my car's wiring, I will be standing by for your results! Thanks
They make it harder because they make more money that way. No, you can't just splice into the wires like old vehicles.

Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They make it harder because they make more money that way. No, you can't just splice into the wires like old vehicles.
Ado, Would you be interested in selling your original crash bar? I am sure you could not offer the same 7.95 shipping as Ford did. Robert
Why would you want an original crash bar? Like Ado, I also now have one packed in my trailer hitch receiver box, with no where to go. Mine is in Houston.

Ford Maverick DIY - Tow Hitch Installation Hitch Installation

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a hybrid with a receiver back in August. I just got an email from Ford saying that they were having delays and would let me know when it will be built. In the meantime a dealer called me to say they had just taken delivery of one w/o a receiver. So I bought that one instead.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid with a receiver back in August. I just got an email from Ford saying that they were having delays and would let me know when it will be built. In the meantime a dealer called me to say they had just taken delivery of one w/o a receiver. So I bought that one instead.
I did the exact same. That is why I was installing a receiver today and now have an original, "non-receiver" crash bar laying in my garage, looking for a home.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was then and now it's Supposed to be easier, And in regards to the Bronco Sport wiring harness someone posted something about having to splice a couple of the wires together

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm gonna be honest bro. That looks like a hot mess. No taillights and no bumper.......The $105 price tag that Ford offered for the factory installed hitch looks pretty attractive.
Ya. I assume this is for people who couldnā€™t wait for their orders so they picked one up off the lot that didnā€™t have A hitch. Otherwiseā€¦ ya this is not a money saving DIY project lol
Sponsored