First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got around to installing the Ford Tow Hitch on my truck.

I did not install a 4 pin connector yet. It's not hard, it's just tedious because of all the screws you are removing. I am attaching a PDF so that if anyone wants to use it as a baseline, or eventually develop one with 4 pin connector install, feel fee. ***This is for sharing purposes only, and I'm not a technician, so I don't take any responsibility for your DIY efforts.*** My personal note, if you are mechanically inclined, you can do this.

Ford Maverick DIY - Tow Hitch Installation IMG_20220219_120934887
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I did not install a 4 pin connector yet. It's not hard, it's just tedious because of all the screws you are removing. I am attaching a PDF so that if anyone wants to use it as a baseline, or eventually develop one with 4 pin connector install, feel fee. ***This is for sharing purposes only, and I'm not a technician, so I don't take any responsibility for your DIY efforts.*** My personal note, if you are mechanically inclined, you can do this.

IMG_20220219_120934887.jpg
I agree, very well detailed and very informative. Can you confirm the original crash bar is the same construction as the replacement hitch assembly less the receiver?

CONFIRMED, They are the same, just added a cheap weld on hitch receiver.

Last edited:

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I'm gonna be honest bro. That looks like a hot mess. No taillights and no bumper.......The $105 price tag that Ford offered for the factory installed hitch looks pretty attractive.

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I am shocked that this is a $100 addon

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! With these OUTSTANDING Instructions, how can I go wrong? Ford should pay you a commission for doing what they failed to do with their poor instructions. Thank you very much for taking the time to document and so clearly explain the process. Great job!

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! With these OUTSTANDING Instructions, how can I go wrong? Ford should pay you a commission for doing what they failed to do with their poor instructions. Thank you very much for taking the time to document and so clearly explain the process. Great job!
For the Community my brotha! Good luck!

Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Any luck on a wiring harness?

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any luck on a wiring harness?
2022 Ford Escape harness did not work. The male/female connectors a the rear taillights are slightly different. So now I am ordering the 2022 Bronco Sport wiring harness that at least two members have had success with. I'll make sure to post when I do it.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Ford Escape harness did not work. The male/female connectors a the rear taillights are slightly different. So now I am ordering the 2022 Bronco Sport wiring harness that at least two members have had success with. I'll make sure to post when I do it.
Thanks for all of your help. It was cold and rainy last weekend, so I did not install my hitch, yet. I am still waiting for a quote from the local dealer for hitch and harness install using my Ford Pass Points....fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine