R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Unless you're Mr. Fantastic you can only open one at a time anyway.

Mr Fantastic.jpg
There was an old movie, I think it was called "My Blue Heaven" with Steve Martin as a crook in witness protection. He got caught with a trunk load of books and the cop asked him, "Why do you have x number of copies of the same book?" and Steve Martin's character said, "In case I want to read it more than once." That was what made me think of asking what if he had more bottles.
Sponsored

Skaht

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is really rad, and I wish it was readily available or I knew how to make one.

Not to crap on your amazing work, but for others looking for a less awesome and cheap fix, I found these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WQT248F?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Downside is, they wiggle and you have to watch when you close your tailgate, but the bolt fit through them just fine. I suppose your could crimp the base a bit to make it not flop around.

Cheers!

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice job for a woodworker looks like you know how to weld.
Thanks, I'm happy with it but I wouldn't show it to my metalworking buddies. I do get a bit of the Ikea effect though, greater appreciation since I made it, having fun with Maverick projects now that I finally have it.

Not to crap on your amazing work, but for others looking for a less awesome and cheap fix, I found these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WQT248F?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
I was thinking about those but was a little worried about it swinging over accidentally and damaging something, that and only the one screw holding it. I realize sooner or later I would miss it. Not a bad option though if you are mindful.

If I get some time I might make a handful to sell, if I do ill reply on this post.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Count me in!

Stevezilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevezilla (hybrid XLT)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Mazda Tribute
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take my money!

Sponsored

Joe NE Ohio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
love it, nice job!

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

MavJ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is really rad, and I wish it was readily available or I knew how to make one.

Downside is, they wiggle and you have to watch when you close your tailgate, but the bolt fit through them just fine. I suppose your could crimp the base a bit to make it not flop around.

Cheers!
Might decide to reverse it so it swings inward. Although it seems backwards, it would be horrible to forget (or someone not familiar, borrowing etc), not notice and damage the truck. That’s what we did on a Mav with a tailgate assist.

WBURG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just installed the tailgate assist dampener and learned I would lose one of the tiedowns which was a no go. Found the thread where Chandonnet came up with a really nice solution, unfortunately he doesn't seem to be selling them anymore. I came up with something based on his design using a scrap of 1/8" mild steel plate and a link from a tow chain, both of which I already have. Power tools used were a drill, angle grinder and MIG welder. Painted them up with some paint I had on hand and think they turned out pretty nice for being done by a woodworker, not the prettiest but plenty strong, no sharp edges, and only cost me an hour or two of my time.
PXL_20231002_204931585.jpg
PXL_20231002_204927563.jpg
PXL_20231002_205001967~2.jpg
Freaking awesome, how much? LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I'm happy with it but I wouldn't show it to my metalworking buddies. I do get a bit of the Ikea effect though, greater appreciation since I made it, having fun with Maverick projects now that I finally have it.

I was thinking about those but was a little worried about it swinging over accidentally and damaging something, that and only the one screw holding it. I realize sooner or later I would miss it. Not a bad option though if you are mindful.

If I get some time I might make a handful to sell, if I do ill reply on this post.
I think I'll try to make a small run of 5-10 this weekend for those interested, I'm thinking price will be around $55 each shipped, painted black. I'll post when I have some ready.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome. I might be interested in one!!

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took a few days but finished a run of 12 and just posted in the marketplace. Not sure if I'll make more after that, quite a bit of work. Let me know if you'd like to buy one. Otherwise I appreciate all the feedback.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid