Sponsored

Search results

  1. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    Thanks for the feedback. Knowing what I know now I might have gone the same direction. I was worried that the pump cycle would drain the reservoir in one go, possibly introducing air into the system, this turns out to be a non issue as the pump doesn't cycle during the bleed procedure. That...
  2. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    I used the Bosch DOT 4 LV, ordered a from Rock Auto. I used 1 quart but that was just me, the Forescan process just tells you to open the bleeder until no more bubbles come out. Since I didn't replace anything there were no bubbles so I just took a guess on how much to bleed out.
  3. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    It was a pain to get out, I used my fingers, might have used pliers too. You could also just leave it in, you don't get that much more fluid out by removing it .
  4. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    K400 European Brake Bleeder Kit https://search.app/4wkiN17TYgiaUoKx9
  5. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    I did the brake bleed / flush this past week, below are the steps I took. 1. Jack up truck and remove all 4 wheels (I wanted to rust proof anyways). 2. Hook up battery charger to jump points to keep battery from draining during the procedure. 3. Remove filter screen from reservoir and suck out...
  6. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    Well I ordered a pressure bleeder and fluid, I'll update this post when I actually flush the brakes in the next month or two. I plan to hookup the pressure bleeder and use forscan to do a abs service bleed. Thanks for the responses.
  7. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    That's what I did, just wanted it on an old crappy laptop which was a bit of a PITA as it's old, slow, and outdated. Didn't want brake fluid on my new one.
  8. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    I looked for the app but apparently Forsxan has paused international sales, probably due to the Ukraine situation.
  9. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    I watched the same video, looks like they do it without a pressure bleeder attached without any ill effect. I'm wondering if the service manual just requires it so you don't accidentally run out of fluid. I only ever had the 2 month Forscan license, it's now expired, so I decided to put it on...
  10. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    I'm sneaking up on 3 years with the maverick and the brake fluid change interval. I've read everything I can find about the procedure but I'm curious about how others go about it. Did you use forescan or a scan tool to bleed the abs? Was a power bleeder hooked up when doing the abs bleed, if...
  11. Annoying noise coming from dash

    I would've gladly paid whatever it would've cost Ford to make a quiet dash. The squeaks and rattles irritate me beyond what is rational.
  12. Annoying noise coming from dash

    Thanks for the response, is this the stuff?
  13. Annoying noise coming from dash

    Where exactly are you spraying this? Noisy dash and battery issues are my only really complaints about the Maverick, both quite annoying.
  14. Utility trailer recommendations for 23 FWD Hybrid

    The fact that it hasn't turned to dust going through Michigan winters is impressive on its own, speaking as someone in western NY where they would rather dump salt than plow.
  15. Utility trailer recommendations for 23 FWD Hybrid

    Sounds like a good policy
  16. Utility trailer recommendations for 23 FWD Hybrid

    Finally got the trailer all setup and inspected, added a few more d rings and a tongue box I bought off Amazon. I also made a grommet that zip-ties to the 4pin connector cable to keep the right amount of slack between the truck and trailer, factory grommet was pretty cheesy. Took the maiden...
  17. Utility trailer recommendations for 23 FWD Hybrid

    Picked up the trailer from tractor supply, glad some reviews mentioned that there was a wood block above the axle that tractor supply forgets to remove, I picked it up and saw they forgot about it before I left, they also proceeded to hookup safety chains wrong. Pulls nice and straight but...
  18. Utility trailer recommendations for 23 FWD Hybrid

    Not sure what you mean about the double wrapped bracket? Nice looking truck btw, that green is sharp. I might have tried to hold out for a 25 if I knew they would have AWD and 4k tow available.
  19. Utility trailer recommendations for 23 FWD Hybrid

    I'm going to look into adding brakes and a controller when I have some time, would certainly give more confidence when towing at capacity. Thanks for all the info, I greatly appreciate it.
  20. Utility trailer recommendations for 23 FWD Hybrid

    Well based on your recommendation I found a local tractor supply with one in stock, took a look, was impressed with the build quality and features for the price. I bought it tonight, It was pouring rain so I decided to take the paperwork to the DMV to get the plates before picking up later this...




Top