FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I picked up these triangle tiedown points on amazon, fit nicely with the soft open tailgate assist strut mod and even goes over the remaining bottle opener just fine.

Ford Maverick Tailgate tie down anchors / hooks that work with Tailgate Assist strut -- installed pics 20220805_183118
Ford Maverick Tailgate tie down anchors / hooks that work with Tailgate Assist strut -- installed pics 20220805_183113
Ford Maverick Tailgate tie down anchors / hooks that work with Tailgate Assist strut -- installed pics 20220805_183108

1659758972083.png

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got tie downs too for when I Install my tailgate assist.

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up these triangle tiedown points on amazon, fit nicely with the soft open tailgate mod and even goes over the remaining bottle opener just fine.

20220805_183118.jpg
20220805_183113.jpg
20220805_183108.jpg
Nice, wasn’t going to get the tailgate assist because of losing that tie down. Great solution 👍

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you list the model # or URL on where you purchased them from please

Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Neild5

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI and VW GTI
I have never tried to open a tailgate with the assist, how much difference does it make?

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never tried to open a tailgate with the assist, how much difference does it make?
Don't waste your time. The tailgate weighs nothing. The assist is pointless IMO. It can literally be lowered with two fingers.

SuperTongue

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid / Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
An alternative I did (since I rarely need to use these tiedowns but I like having the assist) is just screw the bolts back in and store the original tiedown with a T30 screwdriver in my truck.

Then if I ever find myself needing it, I can just reinstall the factory tiedown, secure the load, and remove it when I’m done.

Would get annoying if you use them frequently but it works well for me.

Bronco85

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
An alternative I did (since I rarely need to use these tiedowns but I like having the assist) is just screw the bolts back in and store the original tiedown with a T30 screwdriver in my truck.

Then if I ever find myself needing it, I can just reinstall the factory tiedown, secure the load, and remove it when I’m done.

Would get annoying if you use them frequently but it works well for me.
Is the primary reason so many people install the tailgate assist strut upside down because the Ford website showed it installed incorrectly ? I do like the D ring anchor hooks, though.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the assist and it's worth every penny. It's not there because the tailgate is heavy and I need help getting it lowered. I use it because it gently lowers the tailgate instead of it crashing down if it slips out of your hands or someone lets go..

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't waste your time. The tailgate weighs nothing. The assist is pointless IMO. It can literally be lowered with two fingers.
I think the tailgate assist purpose is probably lost. I’m going to guess here but I think it’s a need for trucks where the tailgate automatically pops open to lower when activated by the key fob. The Maverick just unlocks but doesn’t pop open. Because you are there with your hands on it to open its no problem to lower with your hand. Still if you like the damper there’s no problem getting one if it makes you happy.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could be wrong, but I thought the tailgate has a torsion spring in it. To me the tailgate weights almost nothing to raise and lower.

OP
OP
FriarPop

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Makes a huge difference, dont let it slam down, causing wear and tear, its also super noisy letting it slam down. Big reasons why premium trucks have this as a standard option and $40 bucks well spent.

OP
OP
FriarPop

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is the primary reason so many people install the tailgate assist strut upside down because the Ford website showed it installed incorrectly ? I do like the D ring anchor hooks, though.
i'm not sure about this, just noticed others had it upsidedown in other installs, didnt bother with instructions so did a monkey see monkey do.
Sponsored