First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FTX, 2015 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great work. I was just mocking up a model of your design and the measurements do not quite line up with your picture I assume you made a 1/1 cardboard model so I based this model on that 13-inch measurement on the bottom. Do you mind helping me clear that up? Anyway, I will be making some if anyone is interested.

1708392280508.png
1708390906272.png
I'm definitely interested. The snow and salt has been sub-optimal in PA this year.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could always just use some aluminum thermal tape if you're worried about proximity to the exhaust. It's cheap and already in use on many vehicles.
Thanx. Great idea. Simple and cheap, two of my favorite things. Actually I kept a close eye on it the first few weeks after install. I've been using the remote start app to warm up the truck and then I would check the shield thinking that would be the time if any it could get hot. It was not even warm so off to worry about other things that really could happen. :ROFLMAO: :unsure:

Sponsored

MAGPLM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands & 2023 Maverick AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Interested.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m going to start printing a few today. I’ll need a few people to test fitment.
what part of New Jersey are you located ?

null98115

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Karmann Ghia, Westfalia, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m going to start printing a few today. I’ll need a few people to test fitment.
Happy to participate.

hdave

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Alto Blue Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it possible to turn that into a printable template ?

Sponsored

JDeckM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Tahoe
Engine
Undecided
Quick update to everyone, finished the prototype today. I have someone who is going to test it for me and then give me any feedback. Here is a picture of it.
Ford Maverick DIY - build shield to cover underbody cavity behind left rear tire 1708564262456

The final design will be in black ASA, a material very similar to ABS, which is used in car plastics already, with just a bit more desirable properties for printing. If I can find a box the right size it will come preassembled. Everyone interested would you like it to include the L brackets and stainless hardware required or source that yourselves?

Builder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quick update to everyone, finished the prototype today. I have someone who is going to test it for me and then give me any feedback. Here is a picture of it.
1708564262456.png

The final design will be in black ASA, a material very similar to ABS, which is used in car plastics already, with just a bit more desirable properties for printing. If I can find a box the right size it will come preassembled. Everyone interested would you like it to include the L brackets and stainless hardware required or source that yourselves?
I would want the installing hardware included as well. Thanks so much for taking on this project. You’re going to get a lot of interest in this and maybe even an eye from Ford.

Stevezilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevezilla (hybrid XLT)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Mazda Tribute
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1708564262456.png

I'm interested in the panel and hardware! Keep us posted.
Sponsored