First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed the blue loctite. I screwed in the bolt and then removed it. The next time I started to screw it’s in, I added liquid locktite. It was a 15 minute install..
Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
here is a video ,pay attention to his tip about tightening down the bolt to leave just about the thickness of the panel before installation ,this allows you to position the bolt correctly much easier
hope it helps worked perfect for me
HELP! This was the third video I watched and the one I like the best. I just got my assist installed today so I don’t know if I’m going to have the same issue but I did forget to install the tailgate fasteners. Would this have anything to do with it? My issue was not being able to close the tailgate without physically moving the cable☹

Ford Maverick Disappointed in tailgate assist. 35F7E9FB-F563-4E3C-88C0-3EA8128E4932

Ford Maverick Disappointed in tailgate assist. 1592157D-3CCC-4A74-B437-5226ADA68EC7

Ford Maverick Disappointed in tailgate assist. FFB6A5D2-B821-4C75-82D8-B355C46A7C55

Last edited:

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They do make some that drop fast then slow for the last inch or so. This does not appear to be one of that design. Too slow to be useful imo

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You do have to pull out on it to get it to tighten down correctly. Once I did this it was tight and I've not had it come loose. I have no issue with it being slow to open. I'd much rather it be slow to open then to just fall down. Yes, we can use our hands, but in my case I don't have too. There is always a negative Nellie on these forums.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Stop spamming the thread with the drivel. You sound like one of the, "LeARN tO dRIve a rEaL TRUk", jackasses.

Looking at your post history you are an incredibly negative person and have nothing to do but bash people for their questions.
  • Tailgate assist.
  • Keyless entry pad.
  • Another person's bad experience with a dealer.
If you aren't going to be constructive don't bother commenting.
I've found this feature works well on the repeat offenders. Maybe it can work for you too :)

Dave

Ford Maverick Disappointed in tailgate assist. 1647556836644

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
likely in month or so aftermarket will have a fast drop assist basically with just a smaller shock. if it’s your thing. EZ down had a slow one and replaced it with a faster one at one point I did this on my 250

take it or leave it. I don’t care. Lol

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's possible you could even replace the dampener of that unit with a smaller shock but possible the mount would need to change as well. Just lookes slow in the vid.....no need to get all hissy

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just get rid of it and learn how to open a tailgate. If you use your tailgate frequently, having to wait for the assist is just annoying
I would agree if we didn't have family kids/dogs who could get knocked out if they're in the wrong spot when the gate slams down. Easy for us to remember, but maybe hard for someone else.

sparky52

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have had mine installed for 3 months with no problems, no complaints. Had the same damper on my GMC Sierra for 6 years too. Once you get used to it there is one issue. Whenever you open another tailgate without a damper you'll probably drop it like me, catching your knuckles on the way down, followed by a big bang when it bottoms out. Not once did it come loose on my GMC.

Ford Maverick Disappointed in tailgate assist. IMG_20211225_151958627 (1)

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put mine on Saturday. Saw this post and checked to see if what you are referring to is loose. It is not. I watched the install video by Sam on his testdriventv you tube channel. Excellent video BTW. Watching Sam made it very easy to do. Mine seated nice and tight. Really like this tailgate assist and for $50 well worth it.

Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was a common complaint in all the reviews of the product. Decided I’d rather open my beer than fight with it.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've found this feature works well on the repeat offenders. Maybe it can work for you too :)

Dave

1647556836644.png
Thanks! I’m going to start using this for the cranky members who don’t want to add constructive comments.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! I’m going to start using this for the cranky members who don’t want to add constructive comments.
Cranky members, here? No way! You must be thinking of that "other" forum.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just get rid of it and learn how to open a tailgate. If you use your tailgate frequently, having to wait for the assist is just annoying
I would guess that in the winter it even takes longer to fully open. Not worth the time.
Sponsored