MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good thing it's not a $14,995 truck! It'll prolly come in a box and have to be built by the customers themselves!
From the looks of some of this that might not have been a bad thing.

I don't know what's going on. I owned an XL EB for a month and I loved it. But these posts don't give me warm/fuzzy feelings about long term with my first "domestic" brand automobile. But they can easily be sold if I'm not satisfied, so we'll see.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would say that was done after a torque safety check on the line. I have seen similar things done in the USA while working at stamping plant that also welded treadmill frames. They probably didnt get a good torque reading while the coating was on it and told the new guy to regrind it and recheck the torque. So he did as quickly as possible because he was already getting chewed out for holding up line. Dude was sweating. Cost him half his lunch break for sure.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't intend to own the Maverick a day past warranty, so I don't much care. That said, it'll be interesting to see if the Maverick helps or hurts Ford's campaign to cut the warranty costs that are killing profits. Right now, it sure looks like it's hurting (but I'm not in Ford's accounting department, so what would I know?).

There's another car the Maverick reminds me of. The Chevy Bolt. I stood back in disbelief as the whole industry and press lauded the Bolt as some kind of genius achievement (it was basically an LG motor and battery and software jammed into GM's cheapest econocar platform). They won frigging car of the year awards and stuff. Then they had all kinds of launch problems. Then they spent billions replacing batteries on every single Bolt ever sold, telling drivers not to park them in garages so their families didn't die in a conflagration. Now the Bolt is a bad joke.

So we arrive at the Great And Powerful Maverick. Hmm, car of the year. Check. Adulation from the press and industry centered around price. Check. Problems at launch. Check. Multiple recalls. Check. Croaking while driving and stranding drivers along the side of the interstate. Check. Fire hazards. Check. Sure sounds like the Maverick is following the Bolt's path.

My point isn't to piss all over the Maverick. I'm excited to get mine delivered next month (please Ford). I'm just saying not to get too emotionally invested in it. Because new models always seem awesome right up until the moment they don't.

What I'd really love to see is for Sandy Munro to tear apart the Maverick and share what he finds.
I would gladly have a Maverick and a Bolt as my two personal vehicles. I see no game-changing problems on either.

Chevrolet has owned up to, and is correcting, the problems with the Bolt.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So after almost 10 months I figured I'd have a truck that was 100%. I had to imagine that Ford did whatever it takes to get trucks out for 2022 and by "whatever it takes" I was hoping it wasn't literally. I wanted to change my wheels out. And low and behold, corners were cut, well not corners but my spindles. Tops trimmed to mount the shocks and as you can see the really hacked the area to mount the tie-rod. Not real happy with my first ever Ford. Has anyone else had this issue? XL Hybrid 230 miles. Who can I contact at Ford? Dealer is aware of my issue.
IMG_20220812_163841729.jpg

IMG_20220812_165756_01.jpg
#fordmaverick #fordmotorcompany

Opportunity for improvments.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Even so, they should have painted it after cutting. It's poor quality control by Ford. No other good explanation.
Ford is sending out top trim units with speaker grilles that don't fit correctly on the dash and you expect them to do well on parts that most customers will never see?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is sending out top trim units with speaker grilles that don't fit correctly on the dash and you expect them to do well on parts that most customers will never see?
Can you point me to pics of this? My Lariat Lux is slated for production at the end of the month.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So after almost 10 months I figured I'd have a truck that was 100%. I had to imagine that Ford did whatever it takes to get trucks out for 2022 and by "whatever it takes" I was hoping it wasn't literally. I wanted to change my wheels out. And low and behold, corners were cut, well not corners but my spindles. Tops trimmed to mount the shocks and as you can see the really hacked the area to mount the tie-rod. Not real happy with my first ever Ford. Has anyone else had this issue? XL Hybrid 230 miles. Who can I contact at Ford? Dealer is aware of my issue.

BUZZ KILL!

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since no one else has ever posted anything about it - and we have plenty of members who have changed wheels - it's probably an isolated incident. See if you can get Ford to take care of it.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_20220812_165756_01.jpg
and i thought you were referring to that piece of tape dangling on that wire. I think I'm gonna have to crawl under the truck and paint every metal piece down there.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you point me to pics of this? My Lariat Lux is slated for production at the end of the month.
Heres mine. If you zoom way in you can see the middle part of the plastic lifting up and showing a gap. Not a big deal.

Ford Maverick Cutting corners 1660421536983

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heres mine. If you zoom way in you can see the middle part of the plastic lifting up and showing a gap. Not a big deal.
Hard to see. Does it rattle? Was it that way all along or did it develop?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to see. Does it rattle? Was it that way all along or did it develop?
This was back in January when I got it, but it sat in the Mexico parking lot for 3 months waiting on ok to buy before that (ancient history now lol).

No rattle there, but I do sometimes hear a buzz near the display itself. I can squeeze the display panel trim or something close to it and it seems to stop. It doesn’t happen all the time so it’s hard to pinpoint. It feels like a gamble on any trim level for something like a buzz somewhere in the cabin. Don’t sweat it you’ll probably not have one and if you do it can be remedied. The truck is great. Except I got the dreaded hybrid 12v wiring harness solder failure so the shop is replacing that currently. Hopefully they change that part to be a crimp connection for new builds.