Hdscreens

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CT5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fully understand the reasoning. I just purchased a new vehicle over weekend as I’ve been waiting on a Bronco order since July 21. If my work vehicle craps out I’ll be forced to buy a new Chevy SUV or truck while waiting for the Mav. cause they are more readily available plus don’t take more than 3 months on custom ordered one. I get it’s a new vehicle launch for Ford over a year ago but clearly people at that top cant seem to figure out how to get out of the hole they are in.
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a big difference between putting a deposit on an already built vehicle that's already in transit and putting in a custom build order. Does Toyota even offer their customers the option to build specific option combinations, or do the Toyota dealers just let you put a deposit on vehicles Toyota already intends to build?

Ford's problem was allowing the whole custom order process in the first place. If they had just started building the trucks and distributing them according tho dealer allocations, the dealers would've sold trucks that were for sure getting built. Which is how Toyota does it

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered two XLT Hybrids from different dealers hoping to secure one based on all the allocation concerns. Shortly after ordering , I secured a new job and circumstances changed, this meant I needed transport as early as possible in 2023.

With the price changes for 2023, I was looking at almost $29,000 for a base XLT with hitch, taxes, and tags. While cheap for a truck, it was certainly a big difference from my brand new 2004 Chevy 1500 at $13,000 which I later sold.

In mid December I put a deposit on a base Corolla LE loaded with Toyota Sense 3, hotspot, free emergency calling for 10 years, and I’m now averaging 39-40 mpg based on my drive which includes the freeway.

For the car, 100,000 10 year Toyota platinum warranty that includes rental coverage, towing, winching, hotels, etc, covers all major mechanical and electrical items/electronics, my total cost is less than $26,000. It also had a 3 year 36000 mile and 5 year 60000 standard warranty on the engine. Also includes 8” screen, satellite radio, adaptive cruise control, lane centering, cross traffic alerts, etc etc.

While I understand it’s not a truck and does not have the usability of a truck, at least Toyota communicated with me throughout the two plus weeks I was in contact with them, and it arrived 2-3 weeks earlier than expected with a full tank of gas.

it was built in November in Japan, shipped to CA within a month, delivered to Denver within 7 days by rail over Christmas, and turned over to me two days later last week in 2022.

in addition, no dealer fees and sold at MSRP.

What I don’t understand is why Ford appears so out of step with its customers, delivery times, communication, and following through on our orders and I understand the battery issues, so do they. For people to be waiting well over a year, for others to be built is wrong on so many levels. To leave the ordering banks open after they maxed out doesn’t make sense.

At this point I have already been issued my $1000 deposit back from one dealer which I cancelled, and I will leave the other in place just to see if it ever gets built.

Hoping Ford will get their act together but for me, I unfortunately couldn’t’ continue to wait for many more months with no guarantee of a build even in 2023 despite all the efforts I put in back in September. While I regret not having my Maverick, I’m happy to have 100,000 miles that will be backed by Toyota should anything occur.

5D946CE1-3548-4A2D-BB88-99C77551CD58.jpeg

09788449-E1A7-4679-BEC2-119D0575D62A.jpeg
Very nice and - sensible decision.

Tremors

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I not only wish Ford would get its act together, I wish the entire country would get its act together.
I wish my lottery numbers would hit and my back would stop hurting. I also wish that all of the world's top supermodels would respect the fact that I'm engaged and stop showering with exotic gifts, trips to the Maldives and offers of group sex in the Swiss Alps. But hey, we have to manage our expectations.

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a big difference between putting a deposit on an already built vehicle that's already in transit and putting in a custom build order. Does Toyota even offer their customers the option to build specific option combinations, or do the Toyota dealers just let you put a deposit on vehicles Toyota already intends to build?

Ford's problem was allowing the whole custom order process in the first place. If they had just started building the trucks and distributing them according tho dealer allocations, the dealers would've sold trucks that were for sure getting built. Which is how Toyota does it
Is there that much of a difference between the two though? Ford is still just building the trucks and divying them out based on dealer allocations - only they’re taking existing orders and fitting them to their production plan when possible. They aren’t forcing themselves to fulfill orders FIFO or only produce customer orders.

When producing an XL Hybrid with a hitch they know to paint it black instead of guessing a color since it’s going to a dealer in Florida for a specific order instead of dealer stock. Once they’ve matched as many dealer allocations into their production schedule for the period, they switch right back over to producing whatever they can and send it off as dealer stock.

It’s smart of Ford since they theoretically have a buyer lined up for the build before it starts. But somewhere along the lines it seems to devolve into chaos since we saw orders at large dealers get passed over in 2022 for the same build placed at a later date for the same dealer.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
👋. Bye Bye and Good Luck down the road.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered two XLT Hybrids from different dealers hoping to secure one based on all the allocation concerns. Shortly after ordering , I secured a new job and circumstances changed, this meant I needed transport as early as possible in 2023.

With the price changes for 2023, I was looking at almost $29,000 for a base XLT with hitch, taxes, and tags. While cheap for a truck, it was certainly a big difference from my brand new 2004 Chevy 1500 at $13,000 which I later sold.
That is truly an incredible deal that you caught yourself in 2004! The base 1500 work truck (4.3 vortec, white, standard cab, 4x2) had an MSRP of $20,820 before destination charge, tax, title, etc.

I know times have changed but even when I was buying cars in the mid 00s I considered it a quality deal to get 3-5% under invoice and here you are out there crushing a 50% discount! I've been doing something wrong....

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry Ford you lost another customer! Since you couldn't deliver me my Maverick when I demanded it, I threw a tantrum, then manned up and bought myself a McLaren F1. McLaren really does offer the best warranty and their buying process was concierge level. Ford and Toyota could learn a little something from McLaren.

The poors in this forum don't even know what McLaren is. Silly Maverick owners.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wish my lottery numbers would hit and my back would stop hurting. I also wish that all of the world's top supermodels would respect the fact that I'm engaged and stop showering with exotic gifts, trips to the Maldives and offers of group sex in the Swiss Alps. But hey, we have to manage our expectations.
Oh, I have low expectations. I just miss the USA I grew up in. I could get on my soapbox and preach, to no avail. Just going to enjoy my Maverick (whenever it gets here) and the niche I've carved out. There's bright spots like all these excellent beers (even though I don't drink much anymore) and such. Carry on.

Sponsored
OP
OP

worldco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That is truly an incredible deal that you caught yourself in 2004! The base 1500 work truck (4.3 vortec, white, standard cab, 4x2) had an MSRP of $20,820 before destination charge, tax, title, etc.

I know times have changed but even when I was buying cars in the mid 00s I considered it a quality deal to get 3-5% under invoice and here you are out there crushing a 50% discount! I've been doing something wrong....
Thats exactly what I bought!, and it turns out it didn’t even have AC that the dealer said was installed. I bought it from Ed Bozarths in Denver when they had dozens of them listed in the Denver Post etc with huge mark downs, a different time for sure.

They even had an AC company install the OEM AC at no cost.

Sold it 10 years later for $6000 with 20,000 miles on the clock to a guy who flew in from Minnesota and drove it back.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry Ford you lost another customer! Since you couldn't deliver me my Maverick when I demanded it, I threw a tantrum, then manned up and bought myself a McLaren F1. McLaren really does offer the best warranty and their buying process was concierge level. Ford and Toyota could learn a little something from McLaren.

The poors in this forum don't even know what McLaren is. Silly Maverick owners.
I know what a McLaren is! 😎

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently sold my 21 Corolla. It’s a good-ish appliance but I didn’t like it. I had the SE with premium package. The road noise was very annoying and ride quality wasn’t good. The gas mileage in town wasn’t great but I could get 47hwy with a tailwind. Good car but not my cup of tea.

Ford Maverick Couldn’t wait on Ford any longer.. 903F6A91-E7DA-45D7-A025-784FC4DBAF14

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking at the same angle.

Sometime around March, I'm going to visit my dealer in person and see how realistic it is that my 2023 Maverick hybrid XLT will be built. I doubt they will give me a realistic estimate but I will give them a chance.

At that point, I will order another vehicle from someone as a backup. The Corolla hybrid is my leading contender - my wife owned a 2000 Corolla she bought new before we were married, and that car was a high-quality well-engineered vehicle. in 2018 it felt like we outgrew it, but looking back, we should have spent the money to keep it running.

I keep all my vehicles for a long time, so when they are ready to be replaced, there is not a lot of life left in them that affords me the ability to wait for years.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometime around March, I'm going to visit my dealer in person and see how realistic it is that my 2023 Maverick hybrid XLT will be built. I doubt they will give me a realistic estimate but I will give them a chance.
Unfortunately you probably have a better chance of asking for winning lottery numbers. You're better off calling the Maverick customer service line instead of wasting time going to your dealer or even asking them anything.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.