Sponsored

Buschur's modified Maverick on the dyno w/ 3" intake and 3" catback exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6544

The tables are there for many reasons, mostly longevity at the power levels Ford set up for the truck.

If it breaks, we will fix it stronger and better than before, it's part of the business, part of modifying trucks and cars. Someone has to have the balls to do it, mine are large.
I had an 84' Porsche Carrera that came with a 3.2L. I, (had), a 3.6L from a 95' Carrera put in. The 50% increase in ponies and torque didn't affect the tranny what so ever. And that tranny was not exactly the best in the world.
Sponsored

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you recommend not installing the intake and exhaust together for the tile being then?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you recommend not installing the intake and exhaust together for the tile being then?
Right now the exhaust isn't close to being ready. I'm still running the prototype on the truck to get tuning done. Then we will pull it to be copied/bent, I'd guess about 6 weeks. The tunes will be ready before I pull the exhaust to have copied.

The intake/catch can are nice improvements and the truck stayed happy.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just some updates rather than starting a new thread.

We are making great gains with the tuning. The intercooler on this truck, like all OEM intercoolers sucks.

Sitting on the dyno is the worst place for an intercooler as the air flow is limited BUT a great intercooler even in a static state like that will control temps.

For example, our EVO intercooler, on a moderately sized turbo, at 30 psi of boost on 93 octane fuel only gains 7 degrees of intake temp on the dyno during a pull.

The Maverick is being dyno'd with the hood closed (worst conditions) temp at the air filter is 75 degrees at the start of the run and 84 at the end, starting charge air temp at the manifold (this is after the intercooler) is 96 degrees and ends at 148 degrees! That's a large amount of power on the table and why the intercooler is next on our list.

Also as a side note, the boost pressure stock is about 16.5 psi.

It's going to be tough, maybe impossible to reach 300 whp on our dyno on this turbo. We will see!

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Who needs to worry about the turbo being out of breath when you can just throw gobs of timing at it 😅

Ford Maverick Buschur's modified Maverick on the dyno w/ 3" intake and 3" catback exhaust BlackGuyBigBrain

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the dyno numbers once the tuning is completed. My concern that I can't seam to find a answer to, is if the trans will handle the power. I hear Ford installed the 8F35 in the Maverick. Which we know on paper that the 2.0l produces more torque than what the trans is rated for. I've also heard that Ford has a 8F40 trans used with the 2.3l. And can handle more than what the 2.0l produces from the factory.

I would definilty like to play with the 2.0l in the furture, well when my order is filled. Hopefully without popping the trans in the process.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the dyno numbers once the tuning is completed. My concern that I can't seam to find a answer to, is if the trans will handle the power. I hear Ford installed the 8F35 in the Maverick. Which we know on paper that the 2.0l produces more torque than what the trans is rated for. I've also heard that Ford has a 8F40 trans used with the 2.3l. And can handle more than what the 2.0l produces from the factory.

I would definilty like to play with the 2.0l in the furture, well when my order is filled. Hopefully without popping the trans in the process.
I'm not up to date on what Ford has for transmissions but considering the fact these are rated to tow 4,000 pounds I don't feel the trans is doing to be an issue with a little more power added.

Given the fact there is no sport mode in this trans we will have to choose the "slot" that the performance is given, in other words, the performance will probably be given in "Normal" mode and then when you tow, you'd choose tow mode for a different performance level or maybe just stock levels to save the trans.

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not up to date on what Ford has for transmissions but considering the fact these are rated to tow 4,000 pounds I don't feel the trans is doing to be an issue with a little more power added.

Given the fact there is no sport mode in this trans we will have to choose the "slot" that the performance is given, in other words, the performance will probably be given in "Normal" mode and then when you tow, you'd choose tow mode for a different performance level or maybe just stock levels to save the trans.
Good point. I did order mine with the 4k tow. Normal mode would be a good idea. If I remember right, the sport and eco modes were swapped out for mud/ruts and sand modes on the fx4 package. Or is there simply not a actual sport mode to use? Thanks for the info.

jpage8645

First Name
Jeremy Page
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1973 Maverick, 2012 Tundra, 2020 F250

Hopefully these guys figure out the bronco sport/mav asap

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nco-model-trim-how-to-diy-instructions.28431/

Sponsored

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can someone comment on the exhaust sound in that video? I may or may not be at work and can't hear it. :LOL:

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good point. I did order mine with the 4k tow. Normal mode would be a good idea. If I remember right, the sport and eco modes were swapped out for mud/ruts and sand modes on the fx4 package. Or is there simply not a actual sport mode to use? Thanks for the info.
There is no Sport mode in my 2.0 AWD FX4.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The tables are there for many reasons, mostly longevity at the power levels Ford set up for the truck.

If it breaks, we will fix it stronger and better than before, it's part of the business, part of modifying trucks and cars. Someone has to have the balls to do it, mine are large.
Dave, do you work with Shep on trans, or do you do it in-house?

AnchorChain

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT, 2019 Rav4
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost