2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The standard warrantee should get it through infant mortality and early manufacturing issues, right? If I'm still having reliability problems after 3 years/36,ooo miles I'll probably dump it.
THis is why I lease, after three years hand the keys over and move on...
Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glanced at your vehicles list, spoken like a true M5 (or any BMW) driver :). I owned a 2009 535, ended up leaving me stranded on the highway. Never ever owning a BMW again.

Anyway, based on all the tear downs of the engine/transmission, the simplicity of the interior, I think Iā€˜ll go ahead and buy the Maverick though. 8 yr hybrid warranty isnā€™t bad, I only wish they matched Hyundaiā€™s 10 yrs so they can put their money where their mouth is.

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
What "lots of issues" are those? And why has nobody heard about them?
You havenā€™t heard of them. Thatā€™s not to say that youā€™re living under a rock. But everyone that isnā€™t living under a rock is well aware. Iā€™m honestly surprised that anyone hasnā€™t heard about these issues.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been reading post from bronco owners who are having lots of issues with their broncos..
Starting to wonder if itā€™s best to wait till the kinks get worked out with the Maverick

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m reply to my own post to clarify, reading on bronco forum seeing recurring problems, car wonā€™t start, or complete dies, touchscreen goes blankā€¦ to name a few. But the most alarming is the amount of time these cars are in the shop due to lack of parts, lack of staff.

Sponsored

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
It's made in Mexico, so was my 1989 Ford Ranger back in the day. You will have problems, but you would anyway if made in the States. Even my Honda Fit made in Mexico had problems. Don't let the Japanese name fool you, Toyota or Honda today is no better than American in the 60's, 70's or 80's but you'll be paying extra to think that.

If it ain't made in Japan, it's a gamble like all the others. But Mexico has had decades now with car manufacturing.

Last edited:

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
Hands down, leasing is probably the worst financial mistake you can make. You make a down payment, pay sales tax and closing fees, make monthly payments, turn your car in after three years and hope the dealer does not try to pass on wear/tear fees and when your done with it all - you have nothing. No car, no money and forced to do it all over again.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hands down, leasing is probably the worst financial mistake you can make. You make a down payment, pay sales tax and closing fees, make monthly payments, turn your car in after three years and hope the dealer does not try to pass on wear/tear fees and when your done with it all - you have nothing. No car, no money and forced to do it all over again.
Watched my parents lease a car once. They said, never again. They wanted to buy out the car at the end of the least but the ā€œfunny mathā€ that was done with the lease made the buy out price, after 3 years, more than buying a brand new car. Leasing is not for me but I can understand some people doing it. If you need new and shiny itā€™s your best friend. I like buying a car and driving it for many years sans payment.

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
100% chance of issues and/or recalls. It's a first-year model for a new vehicle. The saving grace is that it's a shared platform with two other vehicles so hopefully there aren't too many teething issues. Also, the forums will always be the vocal minority when it comes to issues...

I'm more concerned with the paint issues that a lot of Bronco Sports seem to have - especially Area 51. Thats why I went with Hot Pepper Red. Between the Focus, Fiesta, and Ranger, there have historically been little to no issues with that paint.

There is definitely a time and a place for them but overall, I completely agree. Most of the time you're better off purchasing a CPO. Better warranty than new, most have incredible maintenance history, and the value has already had depreciated by a few years :)

Sponsored

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
If that were true, then the Bronco Sport shouldn't have had any launch issues because they already had experience with the Escape from the year before, and the 2020 Escape made it onto Consumer Reports "worst used cars of all time" list, with the 2021 Bronco Sport also getting a not recommended worst reliability rating.
I thought it was a well known fact that Consumer Reports love to hate on Ford vehicles. They'll put out a good review every once in a blue moon but otherwise hate and nitpick on issues that aren't a concern to most drivers.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Out of the thousands of Bronco Sports sold, the number of recalls/issues reported is actually pretty small being only 24 NHTSA complaints and 180-ish threads on the forum (and some are duplicates). Any new vehicle will have issues no matter how much their use of tried and true parts are used in its assembly. The real question I would have is if Ford is making them right for the end consumer. The few recalls I've had to deal with over my lifetime have been small, and the worst part was waiting on parts to arrive at the dealer.

And yes, CR does rain down on Ford pretty hard as @NapsterKnowHow notes. I haven't placed a lot of weight on a CR review in nearly 20 years because they often seem to be way off the mark in some ways. As another poster noted, its odd how something can have a failure rating but overall good, but no failures and rated bad. Pair those with no explanation why it's rated that way, it says a lot about the reliability of CR's reports.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought it was a well known fact that Consumer Reports love to hate on Ford vehicles. They'll put out a good review every once in a blue moon but otherwise hate and nitpick on issues that aren't a concern to most drivers.
Same Consumer Reports April 2021 issue gave "top recommended" status to the Ford Mustang, Ford Edge, and Ford Expedition Max. The new F-150 and Mach-E didn't have a score yet. :confused:

donkiboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else getting spooked after reading all these problems with Bronco Sport?
This doesn't bode well especially for those with 2.0 EB and AWD.

Some examples I've seen browsing below forum are:

- rear diff and transfer case leakages
- engine stall / failure going through water (ECU is located on lower driver side at bumper level)
- paint peeling
- check engine indicator light
- engine acceleration hesitation (possibly due to using low octane gas)

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/forums/issues-repairs-warranty-recalls-tsb.45/

Bikeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD XLT Hybrid Mav