Sponsored

Anyone had dealer resolve climate control (Too hot/Too Cool) issues?

JustB_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Greetings all,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the climate controls going into overdrive...Much too cool for dialed in settings when it's hot (90+ degrees) outside, and much too hot for dialed in settings when it's cold (-40 degrees) outside.

I've placed a few videos below from my commute this morning (01-08-2024) in Raleigh, NC. This always happens when temps dip below 40 degrees here in NC so I thought I'd capture it, and sweat it out, on my commute today. Has anyone here experienced this and had it resolved through Ford?

Vehicle info: 2023 Maverick XLT Tremor

Thank You!

Brandon
Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have it set to 66 and it’s 37 outside it’s going to blow warm air until it gets to desired interior temp.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are telling the system you want it to be 66 inside. That is not going to be the temp of the air blowing in if it’s colder than 66 inside.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not saying you don't have a problem potentially but it is hard to tell with just the videos you've provided.

What would be telling is if a thermometer placed maybe in a cup holder (front or rear) confirmed that your ambient temperature inside the cabin was significantly warmer than 66 degrees that would indicate there is an issue.

When I am using the auto climate control system I allow the fan speed to run at full and don't run AC when using it for heat.

EDIT: If you want it to blow at a desired temperature I would take it off auto all together and adjust the air temp down to it blows at what you want it to blow at.

Last edited:

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fact that a Ford will freeze you out during the summer is a feature, not a bug.

I cannot say I have any complaints. With the heated seat and steering wheel, I prefer it to be a bit cooler in the truck even in the winter.

OP
OP

JustB_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have it set to 66 and it’s 37 outside it’s going to blow warm air until it gets to desired interior temp.
Appreciate the response and completely agree. However, this was the back end of a 50 minute commute. Beyond ample to time to reach and maintain temp. Thanks for chiming in.

OP
OP

JustB_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not saying you don't have a problem potentially but it is hard to tell with just the videos you've provided.

What would be telling is if a thermometer placed maybe in a cup holder (front or rear) confirmed that your ambient temperature inside the cabin was significantly warmer than 66 degrees that would indicate there is an issue.

When I am using the auto climate control system I allow the fan speed to run at full and don't run AC when using it for heat.

EDIT: If you want it to blow at a desired temperature I would take it off auto all together and adjust the air temp down to it blows at what you want it to blow at.
Thanks for the reply and sharing your experience. The feedback definitely makes sense. At this point, I resorted to capturing footage as I've played out the various (and then some) control setups you referenced (AC on/off, manual, recirculate, etc.)

Best Regards

OP
OP

JustB_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks for checking out the post and replying. With regard to testing/troubleshooting, the use case scenarios (plus some) have been tested and yielded highly similar results shown here, hence capturing the behavior to display in plain sight. Appreciate the feedback.

Best Regards

OP
OP

JustB_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are telling the system you want it to be 66 inside. That is not going to be the temp of the air blowing in if it’s colder than 66 inside.
Greetings & Appreicate the response. The downside is that this is the back half of a roughly 50-55 minute commute...More than enough time for temp to stabilize.

Best Regards

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for checking out the post and replying. With regard to testing/troubleshooting, the use case scenarios (plus some) have been tested and yielded highly similar results shown here, hence capturing the behavior to display in plain sight. Appreciate the feedback.

Best Regards
I'm glad you verified for yourself! Without us seeing pictures and/or video of it and not just the air temp blowing from the vents - I'd have to say it is operating as intended.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...this was the back end of a 50 minute commute. Beyond ample to time to reach and maintain temp.
To maintain a desired cabin temp when there's almost a 30° difference between outdoor & desired temp, of course the HVAC system will have to output warmer air at the air outlets than you have the thermostat set on.

Plus, with the thermometer in the vicinity of the panel vents (which should probably be off, at this point of your trip), you're not getting an accurate temp in the cabin.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im an engineer. I used to develop the algorithm via testing. There’s basically an equation with a lot of variables and constants. You bump the constants up or down as needed to achieve desired interior temps. Solar load has a huge effect. You measure that with a pyronometer when testing. There’s a sensor on the dash for the vehicle to pick up solar load. I could get way in depth but what I want to make clear is the temp is a setpoint. The typical in Celsius though to be desired is 23c for USA but 25 in other places that use celcius. I could have that backwards but it’s basically thought to be 72f in the USA. Anyhow you want it to Feel like 72, not actually be 72 I. The cabin. If it’s sunny it might need to pump some extra cool air to make it feel like 72. It’s really trying to guess what will make the customer happy. I didn’t do this for Ford but did for another big auto company and we actually worked with an hvac vendor that Ford may also use. Key point is it is not trying to actually get the cabin to the temp you set. It’s trying to make it comfortable and bumping it up or down changes the variable in equation.

OP
OP

JustB_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fact that a Ford will freeze you out during the summer is a feature, not a bug.

I cannot say I have any complaints. With the heated seat and steering wheel, I prefer it to be a bit cooler in the truck even in the winter.
Greetings & thanks for the response. On this winter day, a bit cooler would've been nice during that 50 minute commute
Im an engineer. I used to develop the algorithm via testing. There’s basically an equation with a lot of variables and constants. You bump the constants up or down as needed to achieve desired interior temps. Solar load has a huge effect. You measure that with a pyronometer when testing. There’s a sensor on the dash for the vehicle to pick up solar load. I could get way in depth but what I want to make clear is the temp is a setpoint. The typical in Celsius though to be desired is 23c for USA but 25 in other places that use celcius. I could have that backwards but it’s basically thought to be 72f in the USA. Anyhow you want it to Feel like 72, not actually be 72 I. The cabin. If it’s sunny it might need to pump some extra cool air to make it feel like 72. It’s really trying to guess what will make the customer happy. I didn’t do this for Ford but did for another big auto company and we actually worked with an hvac vendor that Ford may also use. Key point is it is not trying to actually get the cabin to the temp you set. It’s trying to make it comfortable and bumping it up or down changes the variable in equation.
Appreciate the response here. I can see where you'd reach that conclusion based on this singular post. However, the info and videos here are merely a sample/snapshot of what's been ongoing. This was rather mild behavior as the effects have been much worse (Ex: A few nights prior, the cabin measured 86 degrees with 60 degrees dialed on controls). Thanks for the viewing and replying.

Best Regards

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tig
Engine
Undecided
To be through, instead of assuming, put a one of those temp/ humidity gauges on the back seat and verify. Here a six pack. Probably not highly accurate but should give an idea and you can put it all over the vehicle.

I'm one of the people that wishes I could buy a loaded vehicle with manual HVAC. Don't care about inside temp, just the air hitting me coming out of the vents.

Amazon.com: TASOGEN 6 Pack Mini Digital Thermometer Hygrometer,Indoor Temperature and Humidity Gauge Meter Monitor Fahrenheit (℉) for Home,Greenhouse,Jars : Patio, Lawn & Garden
Sponsored