Sponsored

Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts?

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to confirm with others - is the general concensus that the white truck pictured in the 2023 brochure is NOT shown in the Black Appearance Package? I am not too familiar with how all the trims look yet but those door handles being white make me think that is a '22 being shown.

I cannot find any definitive images/videos of the BAP online, has anyone found them? I had to place the order sight unseen before orders close today but now would love to see it in any images...

1663711714648.png
Why would you think that isn't the BAP? There is nothing else on that page except BAP. It's definitely not a Tremor, and the BAP is the only other Maverick package that comes blacked-out headlights. It also just says door handles. It never specifies if it is exterior or interior, also if exterior they may have just been omitted for the prototype due to various factors
Sponsored

daemonic3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 KR Powerboost, '22 Premium ER Mach E
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you think that isn't the BAP? There is nothing else on that page except BAP. It's definitely not a Tremor, and the BAP is the only other Maverick package that comes blacked-out headlights. It also just says door handles. It never specifies if it is exterior or interior, also if exterior they may have just been omitted for the prototype due to various factors
Again, I'm not familiar enough with the current trims and external appearances yet, having just started my research Sunday. I'm just going by the door handles first and foremost, and trying to zoom in on the grill the FORD oval looked blue to me (could be wrong) and I didn't see "black edition" written which is what I thought the double quotes mean. I don't know what blacked out headlights look like or whether those pictured are normal or not.

A video I watched where he went over the '23 brochure also thought it was a '22. That's why I am asking the experts here.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ZR2
Do we have confirmation you cannot get FX4 with BAP? This would be in addition to 4k. One dealer submitted an order for a forum member, so would like to know this.

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Again, I'm not familiar enough with the current trims and external appearances yet, having just started my research Sunday. I'm just going by the door handles first and foremost, and trying to zoom in on the grill the FORD oval looked blue to me (could be wrong) and I didn't see "black edition" written which is what I thought the double quotes mean. I don't know what blacked out headlights look like or whether those pictured are normal or not.

A video I watched where he went over the '23 brochure also thought it was a '22. That's why I am asking the experts here.
These aren't the standard headlights, they are new and have black trim where all the others are chrome. The only two packages that are listed to have them are the tremor and black appearance package, and this isn't a tremor, so this should be the black appearance package

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do we have confirmation you cannot get FX4 with BAP? This would be in addition to 4k. One dealer submitted an order for a forum member, so would like to know this.
From the oder guide:
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? A72DF85D-51B0-4301-8AF7-5C9FC35F974D

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Pretty sure it says in the order guide that you can't get FX4 with BAP. I don't know why but it's in there.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone else think that $1,645 is pretty expensive for the Black Appearance Package on a Lariat based on what you are getting?
Yes so please don't order it. The BAP is a highly constrained item and I added it to my order but for everyone else reading this I want to convince you that it's too expensive and you shouldn't add it to your order. Also please tell your friends, family, coworkers etc that if they order a Maverick DO NOT add the BAP. Actually that's not even going to be enough, can everyone please stand outside your local Ford dealership tomorrow with sign that says "The Black Appearance Package for the Maverick is too expensive". I now know what I'll be doing tomorrow :D
Please and Thank you. Take care brush your hair and all that.

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Tim, @fordvideoguy, do you know if the seats in the XLT Tremor & black appearance will just be embroidered XL seats or if they’ll have a new seat design for both packages?
So far we’ve only seen the Lariat Tremor interior.
The order guide says that they will just have black seats so we don't know if they will be embroidered like we are seeing in the marketing images. Since it is not mentioned on the Lariat but they have them tells me that they should be embroidered on the cloth XLT black seats.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The order guide says that they will just have black seats so we don't know if they will be embroidered like we are seeing in the marketing images. Since it is not mentioned on the Lariat but they have them tells me that they should be embroidered on the cloth XLT black seats.
Ty sir!

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy. Maybe he can specifically answer this question with knowledge, instead of rumors and opinions.
He is right, the black appearance package and the tremor packages will have the same environment as their trim level with black seats and some black accents.

Sponsored

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered an FX4 w BAP, no problem

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ZR2
I just ordered an FX4 w BAP, no problem
While they may have accepted the order, it is definitely not in line with their order guide. Just don't want to see it in limbo forever. Order guide could also be wrong.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you look at the Ranger with BAP, the exterior door handles remain body colored. Given that, it would seem the Packaging Guide pictures are correct. I'm pretty convinced the BAP comes with the interior door handles in black, and the exterior ones body-color.

MoonJelly

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you look at the Ranger with BAP, the exterior door handles remain body colored. Given that, it would seem the Packaging Guide pictures are correct. I'm pretty convinced the BAP comes with the interior door handles in black, and the exterior ones body-color.
Yes, this right here.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs