Sponsored

Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts?

fordluvr44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody know what the black interior package seats and accents will look like in the Lariat?

I personally think the brown is classy, but I think a lot of people don't like it and prefer black.
Maybe I need to see it, but the black looks toy-like here or fake or whatever.

I think you lose the accents too, but haven't found an interior picture (This one is just the Tremor)

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? 22054b82404787e0ec7ed695a8d31bf7

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? 2022-ford-maverick-tremor-14
Sponsored

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
I'm guessing the seats will be the same as the Tremor but without the badge and orange stitching.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just throwing in some black seats with the light gray and navy will look crappy in my book. I know some don’t like the dessert brown and navy, but it does blend with the rest of the interior. The black will not except for the floor mats. 🫣

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim, @fordvideoguy, do you know if the seats in the XLT Tremor & black appearance will just be embroidered XL seats or if they’ll have a new seat design for both packages?
So far we’ve only seen the Lariat Tremor interior.

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Does anyone else think that $1,645 is pretty expensive for the Black Appearance Package on a Lariat based on what you are getting?

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does anyone else think that $1,645 is pretty expensive for the Black Appearance Package on a Lariat based on what you are getting?
Yes, I am of the same opinion. Add to the fact that the Black Appearance Package is already highly constrained, I skipped it on my order.

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tim, fordvideoguy, do you know if the seats in the XLT Tremor & black appearance will just be embroidered XL seats or if they’ll have a new seat design for both packages?
So far we’ve only seen the Lariat Tremor interior.
According to the order guide, the seat color/trim code in an XL is 9W, but the seat color in the XLT Tremor and XLT Black Appearance is 7W. So it appears to be something new?

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. I love the look of the Black Appearance Package, but I had a hard time understanding the price. Especially if the interior mirrors the Tremor interior. It looks like XL interior, not identical but very similar, with solid back seats, or in the case of the Tremor black seats with orange stitching and a Tremor logo. Don't get me wrong, the XL interior is nice, but the Black Appearance Package feels like it is charging a premium for a variation of items already in the car, and in some cases, trim pieces that come on a level trim level of the car.

You do get the 18" wheels, and the new headlights and taillights shared with the Tremor look awesome, but it felt too expensive

I like the XLT interior, it's quirky, what I would have wanted is a Black Exterior Package, I really like the new headlights on it and the Tremor

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. I love the look of the Black Appearance Package, but I had a hard time understanding the price. Especially if the interior mirrors the Tremor interior. It looks like XL interior, not identical but very similar, with solid back seats, or in the case of the Tremor black seats with orange stitching and a Tremor logo. Don't get me wrong, the XL interior is nice, but the Black Appearance Package feels like it is charging a premium for a variation of items already in the car, and in some cases, trim pieces that come on a level trim level of the car.

You do get the 18" wheels, and the new headlights and taillights shared with the Tremor look awesome, but it felt too expensive

I like the XLT interior, it's quirky, what I would have wanted is a Black Exterior Package, I really like the new headlights on it and the Tremor
Have you priced what 18" wheels cost? Those alone will set you back right around $1600 alone. Consider all the other things that come with the package, and it's a good bargain!

Same with the factory installed hitch receiver. It's $100 as a factory build. After market, the OEM hitch receiver is $336, and the 4-pin wiring harness for a Bronco Sport is another $154.99.(Compatible with the Maverick), plus installation.

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided

That's what I was thinking. The BAP is not offering anything extra over what you are already getting on the Lariat. It's basically things you already have but in black. It shouldn't cost that much extra to get the same materials in a different color.

Perhaps Ford thought pricing the BAP at $1,645 would make a lot people skip it since they are only going to produce 10% of them anyway.

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what I was thinking. The BAP is not offering anything extra over what you are already getting on the Lariat. It's basically things you already have but in black. It shouldn't cost that much extra to get the same materials in a different color.

Perhaps Ford thought pricing the BAP at $1,645 would make a lot people skip it since they are only going to produce 10% of them anyway.
Go ahead and do yourself a favor and price check similar 18” wheels…and you’ll see for yourself just how much they are, and realize the package is worth it for the 18” wheels alone.

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Go ahead and do yourself a favor and price check similar 18” wheels…and you’ll see for yourself just how much they are, and realize the package is worth it for the 18” wheels alone.
Yes, that would be if you were buying a set of wheels and tires standalone. In that case you still have your 18" factory wheels and tires that have value.

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the package is well worth it. Allow me to break down just a few things if one were to try and add-on BAP items to a non-BAP after the fact:

Black OEM 18" wheels: at least $400 per wheel from Ford, but maybe you score a takeoff set for $1000

BAP Headlights : ~$800-1200 from Ford EACH, and sure you could resell your non-BAP lights for pennies on the dollar. An alternative, you could have someone open and paint your OEM lights but then you're praying they got sealed properly, didn't damage anything in the process, oh and you probably paid the painter/laborer $600-800 for the trouble, not to mention, those lights that have been opened and modified are no longer replaceable under factory warranty.

BAP Taillights: ~$400-600 from Ford EACH, same story as the above headlights if you so choose an alternative.

BAP Grille bar: probably $300-400 from Ford, as an alternative maybe you pay $100 to a local shop to spray your stock grille

BAP Interior: priceless, unless you find a totaled Maverick with a pristine interior to salvage, even so, I bet you're pushing $2-3k for full interior + time to swap it and hope nothing rattles once you've got it back together, and again, could resell your stock to recoup a tiny bit for your troubles. And don't tell me Katzkin to the rescue because you can't Katzkin the entire entire. You can do the seats, but changing the rest of the interior trim pieces would be on you to get crafty.

BAP Emblems: I'd assume you'll be able to buy BAP emblems from Ford parts down the road, going off other BAP emblems for F150 & Ranger, you're looking at ~$200 for just the emblems. This will probably be the most desirable and easiest component from the BAP parts to do after the fact.

Long story short, whether you're after the BAP interior, or the BAP exterior you best equip your Mav with the BAP package. Just to replicate the exterior components, you'd be pushing $5,000 in parts minus whatever you manage to resell your stock parts for. And sure, if you like to tinker, you could likely make your own Black Appearance Package on a budget, but I highly doubt the average person could match the OEM quality of the BAP components and hit the exterior appearance alone for anywhere close to $1645 (I'm looking right at those of you who will put tint film on your lights trying to simulate the black housing, look same, not same!)

I think this package is really hit or miss; as in it hits and you love it all and see crazy value in all it offers, or its a complete miss and you just can not fathom as to why someone would pay for such things.
This all depends on how you assign value. The Maverick already comes with all of these things, the BAP gives you a black version at a upcharge. Are substituting these items at the upcharge worth it? Same if you upgrade from Standard to Optional wheels. Is $795 worth it go from the Standard to Optional Lariat wheel? Not every one will think so

Bring in the price of ordering the parts after the fact is its on can of worms. 1) Individual parts are considerably more expensive than the sum of the truck, 2) You already have the standard parts and are getting the new parts in addition to what you have. When you add an optional package, you are substituting the parts for what would have already been on the truck. This affects perceived value. The price of the truck already includes the headlights, grille, badges, trim, etc this package only swaps them out for black variants. Does the premium charge for the variant have value over the default version of the identical part that was already included in the price? For some people the answer will be yes, others no. I love the look of the BAP, but for me, it was not worth the price

bigshmoop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Plymouth Satellite, 2023 Toyota 4Runner ORP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a breakdown that shows other interior pieces and door handles also go back with the package so I think it's worth it.

-Wheels
-Headlights
-Tailslights
-Seats
-Interior trim
-Grill
-Badges

All that for $1650 seems reasonable to me. It's not like this is the first time Ford has offered a blackout package for one of their models, they're not just dropping black seats in a blue interior as has been mentioned above.

Last edited:

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the package is well worth it. Allow me to break down just a few things if one were to try and add-on BAP items to a non-BAP after the fact:

Black OEM 18" wheels: at least $400 per wheel from Ford, but maybe you score a takeoff set for $1000

BAP Headlights : ~$800-1200 from Ford EACH, and sure you could resell your non-BAP lights for pennies on the dollar. An alternative, you could have someone open and paint your OEM lights but then you're praying they got sealed properly, didn't damage anything in the process, oh and you probably paid the painter/laborer $600-800 for the trouble, not to mention, those lights that have been opened and modified are no longer replaceable under factory warranty.

BAP Taillights: ~$400-600 from Ford EACH, same story as the above headlights if you so choose an alternative.

BAP Grille bar: probably $300-400 from Ford, as an alternative maybe you pay $100 to a local shop to spray your stock grille

BAP Interior: priceless, unless you find a totaled Maverick with a pristine interior to salvage, even so, I bet you're pushing $2-3k for full interior + time to swap it and hope nothing rattles once you've got it back together, and again, could resell your stock to recoup a tiny bit for your troubles. And don't tell me Katzkin to the rescue because you can't Katzkin the entire entire. You can do the seats, but changing the rest of the interior trim pieces would be on you to get crafty.

BAP Emblems: I'd assume you'll be able to buy BAP emblems from Ford parts down the road, going off other BAP emblems for F150 & Ranger, you're looking at ~$200 for just the emblems. This will probably be the most desirable and easiest component from the BAP parts to do after the fact.

Long story short, whether you're after the BAP interior, or the BAP exterior you best equip your Mav with the BAP package. Just to replicate the exterior components, you'd be pushing $5,000 in parts minus whatever you manage to resell your stock parts for. And sure, if you like to tinker, you could likely make your own Black Appearance Package on a budget, but I highly doubt the average person could match the OEM quality of the BAP components and hit the exterior appearance alone for anywhere close to $1645 (I'm looking right at those of you who will put tint film on your lights trying to simulate the black housing, look same, not same!)

I think this package is really hit or miss; as in it hits and you love it all and see crazy value in all it offers, or its a complete miss and you just can not fathom as to why someone would pay for such things.
Amen!!!
Sponsored