Sponsored

Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts?

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anybody know what the black interior package seats and accents will look like in the Lariat?

I personally think the brown is classy, but I think a lot of people don't like it and prefer black.
Maybe I need to see it, but the black looks toy-like here or fake or whatever.

I think you lose the accents too, but haven't found an interior picture (This one is just the Tremor)

22054b82404787e0ec7ed695a8d31bf7.jpg

2022-ford-maverick-tremor-14.jpg
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/new-car-previews/2023-ford-maverick-tremor-preview
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? 1663609987309

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? 1663610035301

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? 1663610069147

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? 1663610086501
Sponsored

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's a breakdown that shows other interior pieces and door handles also go back with the package so I think it's worth it.

-Wheels
-Headlights
-Tailslights
-Seats
-Interior trim
-Grill
-Badges

All that for $1650 seems reasonable to me. It's not like this is the first time Ford has offered a blackout package for one of their models, they're not just dropping black seats in a blue interior as has been mentioned above.
The primary interior color is still still Navy Pier, that is shared across all trims and confirmed in the Order Guide. The BAP gets black accent/trim panels and black seats. The BAP should be close to to what comes in the Tremor, will have an interior that is a mix of Black and Navy, and probably Dark Grey. It won't be all black

bigshmoop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Plymouth Satellite, 2023 Toyota 4Runner ORP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The primary interior color is still still Navy Pier, that is shared across all trims and confirmed in the Order Guide. The BAP gets black accent/trim panels and black seats. The BAP should be close to to what comes in the Tremor, will have an interior that is a mix of Black and Navy, and probably Dark Grey. It won't be all black
Agreed, I didn't say it would all be black. I'm simply saying other trim pieces will be swapped to black as well and they're not just dropping black seats in an otherwise unchanged interior. I really wish there were more pictures but seeing the Tremor reviews/auto show offerings gave a good idea of what to expect.

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed, I didn't say it would all be black. I'm simply saying other trim pieces will be swapped to black as well and they're not just dropping black seats in an otherwise unchanged interior. I really wish there were more pictures but seeing the Tremor reviews/auto show offerings gave a good idea of what to expect.
I second the wish that they had included a BAP interior photo. It would have negated so much speculation. Instead we're left to assume it will be nearly the same as the Tremor based on the descriptions we have

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy. Maybe he can specifically answer this question with knowledge, instead of rumors and opinions.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered it on my Lariat Hybrid. I have enough constraints that I am hoping that actual pictures of the interior appear before I get scheduled despite being a 2022 roll over. That way, if I don't like it, or don't think it is worth the upcharge, I can remove it. Since that is what I am hoping for I will probably get scheduled on 9/29 for the first week of 2023 production. :ROFLMAO:

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the package is well worth it. Allow me to break down just a few things if one were to try and add-on BAP items to a non-BAP after the fact:

Black OEM 18" wheels: at least $400 per wheel from Ford, but maybe you score a takeoff set for $1000

BAP Headlights : ~$800-1200 from Ford EACH, and sure you could resell your non-BAP lights for pennies on the dollar. An alternative, you could have someone open and paint your OEM lights but then you're praying they got sealed properly, didn't damage anything in the process, oh and you probably paid the painter/laborer $600-800 for the trouble, not to mention, those lights that have been opened and modified are no longer replaceable under factory warranty.

BAP Taillights: ~$400-600 from Ford EACH, same story as the above headlights if you so choose an alternative.

BAP Grille bar: probably $300-400 from Ford, as an alternative maybe you pay $100 to a local shop to spray your stock grille

BAP Interior: priceless, unless you find a totaled Maverick with a pristine interior to salvage, even so, I bet you're pushing $2-3k for full interior + time to swap it and hope nothing rattles once you've got it back together, and again, could resell your stock to recoup a tiny bit for your troubles. And don't tell me Katzkin to the rescue because you can't Katzkin the entire entire. You can do the seats, but changing the rest of the interior trim pieces would be on you to get crafty.

BAP Emblems: I'd assume you'll be able to buy BAP emblems from Ford parts down the road, going off other BAP emblems for F150 & Ranger, you're looking at ~$200 for just the emblems. This will probably be the most desirable and easiest component from the BAP parts to do after the fact.

Long story short, whether you're after the BAP interior, or the BAP exterior you best equip your Mav with the BAP package. Just to replicate the exterior components, you'd be pushing $5,000 in parts minus whatever you manage to resell your stock parts for. And sure, if you like to tinker, you could likely make your own Black Appearance Package on a budget, but I highly doubt the average person could match the OEM quality of the BAP components and hit the exterior appearance alone for anywhere close to $1645 (I'm looking right at those of you who will put tint film on your lights trying to simulate the black housing, look same, not same!)

I think this package is really hit or miss; as in it hits and you love it all and see crazy value in all it offers, or its a complete miss and you just can not fathom as to why someone would pay for such things.
While I agree that the package is worth the price if you planned on blacking out the truck, you have to net out the value of the standard XLT/Lariat items

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@fordvideoguy. Maybe he can specifically answer this question with knowledge, instead of rumors and opinions.
I'd be all for more confirmation, but I doubt anyone including Tim has more info than contained in the current guides that dealers have shared with us

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? 23MaverickTrim

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? BAP

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? BAP2

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? Tremor

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? Tremor2

OP
OP

fordluvr44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm happy to wait and see.

As soon as I found out the Lariat (brown) keeps the navy blue, I felt like those would clash hard and the BAP was a no brainer.

Fingers crossed they actually build enough though 😂

Sponsored

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
While I agree that the package is worth the price if you planned on blacking out the truck, you have to net out the value of the standard XLT/Lariat items
Right, I mentioned that throughout. In terms of reselling non-BAP, used parts, you'd be lucky to recoup 50%, assuming those used parts are near mint.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On the bright side, until Ford actually comes out with pictures of the interior, people can modify their existing orders to include the BAP in the future, right?

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the bright side, until Ford actually comes out with pictures of the interior, people can modify their existing orders to include the BAP in the future, right?
As long as it hasn’t been selected for production.

Rbaum

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the BAP not available on 2023 Mavericks?
Sponsored