Sponsored

Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts?

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 60 years of technology it should be better than the old vinyl. But, it is still vinyl.
It's closer to me to leather than vinyl because of how soft it is.
Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ZR2
I wasn't sure about Active X upon ordering. But I can tell you now after having my truck over 20k miles and all seasons, I like my Active X better than leather.

It looks better, it feels great, and way, way more durable. You just don't get the old cow hide smell. If they used leather in this vehicle, it would be low quality anyway. Instead, they give you a super high quality synthetic. The same they use in the Mustang Mach-E.
Good to hear that. My order is for a Lariat w/ lux

daemonic3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 KR Powerboost, '22 Premium ER Mach E
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you look at the Ranger with BAP, the exterior door handles remain body colored. Given that, it would seem the Packaging Guide pictures are correct. I'm pretty convinced the BAP comes with the interior door handles in black, and the exterior ones body-color.
Figured it out! Now that I've had more time to research...

XLT = exterior black handles
Lariat = exterior body handles

Which is fantastic because we ordered XLT and wanted black handles and blackest interior (with the BAP) we could get. Very happy with the choice we made now.

And thanks for confirming the pic in the brochure, it must be a Lariat w/BAP, not an XLT w/BAP.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Figured it out! Now that I've had more time to research...

XLT = exterior black handles
Lariat = exterior body handles

Which is fantastic because we ordered XLT and wanted black handles and blackest interior (with the BAP) we could get. Very happy with the choice we made now.

And thanks for confirming the pic in the brochure, it must be a Lariat w/BAP, not an XLT w/BAP.
It's a Lariat, you can tell from the grille design, painted exterior handles and headlights.

Sponsored

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might be a taste question here, but - So you think the blue looks better with the brown seats?

Doesn't black go with everything?

Totally to each their own, just curious
I'll chime in and say I prefer black & blue interior over brown & blue -- I did order BAP on a Lariat Lux. Pretty cool that Ford gave more options this year. Still need foglight option pls!

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't sure about Active X upon ordering. But I can tell you now after having my truck over 20k miles and all seasons, I like my Active X better than leather.

It looks better, it feels great, and way, way more durable. You just don't get the old cow hide smell. If they used leather in this vehicle, it would be low quality anyway. Instead, they give you a super high quality synthetic. The same they use in the Mustang Mach-E.
How well do they hold up to scratches?

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How well do they hold up to scratches?
It's held up perfect. Looks exactly the same as when I drive it away from the dealer. I have zero scratches or gouges. I don't have dogs in my truck though. That would be the ultimate test.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree the active X is wonderful
Looks great, feels great
I’m excited to see what BAP interior looks like in person

Sponsored

MoonJelly

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the BAP includes an 18" wheel, does that mean the XLT BAP will get Michelins, like the Lariat? Food for thought.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know people who have owned Mercedes for years that think they have leather when they really have MB-tex which is their man made product. A friend who has been in the car business his whole life thought his Genesis had leather and it was their alternate. I do wish it was perforated but don't think it will be. None of us know what the interiors will look like but you would hope they are making them better not worse. If they have enough interest in black (or some other alternative) interiors we could see changes. I'm not expecting the Mav to have an interior as nice as my older Infiniti but it's the total package I am looking forward to.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since the BAP includes an 18" wheel, does that mean the XLT BAP will get Michelins, like the Lariat? Food for thought.
Sure hope so! That would at least help to justify the price.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered lariat hybrid BAP just to be a rarer maverick. I’m not too excited abt the black interior accents bc it loses the truck’s quirky-ness. The head/taillights, grill and ford logo is where it’s at. I changed to cactus grey to give it a better contrast. Hope it looks good

MoonJelly

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did anyone order one in Shadow Black with BAP? I'd rather not work so hard to keep up the paint but man would it look cool.

Then again, all the blue bits inside would end up clashing all the more. I'm glad I went with the Atlas Blue, hopefully it ties together well enough.
Sponsored