First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never experienced what I would call shudder. I do find that early mornings when the engine is cold, it's a bit noisy when it fires up for the first time and it even sounds a little rough. I have also experienced hearing the handoff from electric to ICE, but then most of the time I don't hear it at all. I think all this is likely pretty normal since it's done this since the first day I drove it off the lot.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Axe360

Axe360

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to all for your feedback!

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Following.

8900 miles now and happened to me once. I just took off from a stop sign so I wasn't going fast and it felt like it happened when the ICE fired up. I let go of the gas pedal and it stopped. Has not happened since. Unfortunately, I didn't make a note what mileage was.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Just want to add this video. I apologize for the very low audio so please turn up your headphones. I was trying an action cam out and caught this on my video. I've had the shudder happen around 4-5 times. The camera's video stabilzation really takes away the violent shudder but I describe it as "A stick shift leaving a stop sign in 3rd gear instead of 1st by mistake" If you have driven a manual I think you will understand what I am describing. The shake is fairly violent vs a handoff between Electric and ICE and shakes the whole truck. The local Ford dealership isn't confident yet that they can replicate it so they suggested to bring it in when it happens, which is like catching lightning in a bottle. I can say that for sure, it has happened when the motor is cold, in the morning and/or when driving at slow speeds like 25-30 mph. In the video the Maverick is transitioning to ICE at about 28ish mph. I hope this helps others. 1700 miles on my Maverick to clarify a bit more.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I couldn't tell but did you let go of the gas pedal or no?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Axe360

Axe360

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just want to add this video. I apologize for the very low audio so please turn up your headphones. I was trying an action cam out and caught this on my video. I've had the shudder happen around 4-5 times. The camera's video stabilzation really takes away the violent shudder but I describe it as "A stick shift leaving a stop sign in 3rd gear instead of 1st by mistake" If you have driven a manual I think you will understand what I am describing. The shake is fairly violent vs a handoff between Electric and ICE and shakes the whole truck. The local Ford dealership isn't confident yet that they can replicate it so they suggested to bring it in when it happens, which is like catching lightning in a bottle. I can say that for sure, it has happened when the motor is cold, in the morning and/or when driving at slow speeds like 25-30 mph. In the video the Maverick is transitioning to ICE at about 28ish mph. I hope this helps others. 1700 miles on my Maverick to clarify a bit more.

Ken, You have just caught Lightning in a Bottle (isn’t that a Metallica song) that is exactly it! Thanks for sharing!

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is everyone that is experiencing this in a cold climate or from both cold and warm?

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today it felt like I went over rumble strips. I let off the gas and it was gone. Is this what you feel?

I’m only around 1000 miles too.
Yes that’s a good comparison to the feel of it.

Is everyone that is experiencing this in a cold climate or from both cold and warm?
Temperature? I think it was between 50-60 degrees when I felt mine do it the one time.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Today it felt like I went over rumble strips. I let off the gas and it was gone. Is this what you feel?

I’m only around 1000 miles too.
Yea, that’s a good description.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Definitely started during cooler temps, buts it’s not really cold where I live. Some icy mornings but it’s also happened on a decently sunny morning like in the video.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was 50 degrees here today.

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
I experienced this once yesterday at 20ish mph early in the morning just about when i left for work. Exactly like in the video. I was shocked for a second like what happened? did i run over something before realising it was the powertrain. I noticed it was around the time when car was in full electric mode and then ICE came on once shudder stopped.

Could be between handoff's this happens for whatever reason?
Sponsored