Sponsored

Before Maverick, what were you looking at?

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked at dozens of used vehicles, from several manufacturers. I never buy new, because of depreciation.

The Maverick is a better deal new and a better fit for me, than any used vehicle I have found in this insane market.

It is the first, and I expect the last, new vehicle for me - unless the used market insanity continues.
The used market is just dumb to put it nicely. My buddy is getting ready to sell his 4Runner. His vroom offer right now is $42k! It’s a 2018 with 38k miles. He’s slated to make over $7k profit. It’s stupid.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Santa Cruz. I loved the concept. But as spy photos started showing that it was just a Tucson with a small bed, I became less and less interested.

In the interim before the Maverick spy photos were hitting the news, I was considering a 2021 or 22 F-150. But by the time I get it equipped with all the things I want, it pushes $60K! And I really want to downsize. I just don't need a big truck anymore. And I despise the current Ranger. But I have bloviated on that around here enough.

I've also considered the '22 Frontier. I like it a lot. Looks so much better than the Titan.

But Maverick just checks off nearly every box for me. I just wish they had something just a little bit more upmarket than Lariat trim. An ST, Sport, Tremor, Limited, Raptor, something a little better would be nice. But I can hang!
The Ranger in its current fashion is just garbage. I’m sure we’ve seen each other’s comments on that in other threads. Hahaha.

I “want” a lot of the Lariat trim items but for me I just can’t get past the seats and the “bronze” trim pieces. I guess orange isn’t as off putting to me with XLT.

If I could get 2 more years out of my car, can’t-AC went out and she can’t sell for anything north of $4k so I’m not dropping $1,200, I envision the Maverick gets the full F-series lineup; STX, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited. Maybe not but it would be awesome.

docroland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking on the new Honda Civic around June when I came across with the Ford Maverick. With almost the same price, I am getting a daily commuter with a bonus open bed and a hybrid engine. Who can beat that.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking on the new Honda Civic around June when I came across with the Ford Maverick. With almost the same price, I am getting a daily commuter with a bonus open bed and a hybrid engine. Who can beat that.
I hope Ford steals a lot of market share from Honda. I’ve got nothing against them. I do own one of their super quiet generators.

Reactions: TCK

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was not really planning to buy a new vehicle!
Dad emailed me the link for the Maverick, so I
started looking into it. Was able to build the truck that I wanted
with the features I wanted, that was actually affordable!
What I really liked, was the estimated 40MPG, would save a bit
on gas, over my current 01 Ranger Edge.
A bit of discussion with my folks about it first, then I pulled
the trigger on it! Order confirmed June 24. Still waiting for build date!
And now, not sure if I want to trade in the ranger, private sale, or keep!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was not really planning to buy a new vehicle!
Dad emailed me the link for the Maverick, so I
started looking into it. Was able to build the truck that I wanted
with the features I wanted, that was actually affordable!
What I really liked, was the estimated 40MPG, would save a bit
on gas, over my current 01 Ranger Edge.
A bit of discussion with my folks about it first, then I pulled
the trigger on it! Order confirmed June 24. Still waiting for build date!
And now, not sure if I want to trade in the ranger, private sale, or keep!
Very nice. If the new Ranger wouldn’t look like a trash can would you go for a new Ranger?

The 40(estimated), don’t need any ecoboost bros coming in here being mad at estimated EPA ratings, is the cherry on top for me. Never imagined Hybrid, I don’t drive much, but it’s the winner.

RM83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bronco Sport

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before Maverick, what were you looking at?
Nothing as I was happy with my 2015 Honda Fit Ex.

But I did miss my 1998 Ford Ranger Super Cab that I had up till 2014.

The announcement in June caught my eye and after about two months of research I felt the 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid was to be my new vehicle.

With the Maverick I again will have a truck and the hybrid will be even better for gas mileage than my Fit as I mostly do city driving. All the new tech is also a plus.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably a used Tacoma or Frontier. Or a Camry if I could not stomach the MPG hit of the midsize trucks.

LAClippers420

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
budget is around 20 k so I was looking for a pre owned 2017-18 bmw 320 or 330. It would have been smarter and safer to get a Toyota or a Honda but I feel like everyone has a Camry, corolla or a civic and that is why I had decided on getting a the used bmw. Those cars pretty much went from 17k to 26k in a matter of months and thats when the the maverick was announced. It just made a lot more sense to go with the new maverick over the used 4 or 5 year old bmw.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ranger, Frontier, Colorado, and Ridgeline. I stocked all of those forums, and decided on the Ranger. Prices were always crazy, and I eventually did a comparison build between the Maverick, Ranger, and Frontier. The no brainer move was the $29K Maverick vs $40k trucks.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most likely a used Nissan Frontier. Would've preferred a Tacoma over the Frontier but it would have been older with more miles for the same money. Maverick came along and checked all the boxes for a brand new truck at about the same price I was looking at used trucks.

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve heard the theory that long term the Maverick could be on par with the Mustang as far as brand/segment defining vehicle. 🤞

Let’s all just pray it’s not an Edsel. Hahahahaha.
Ford Maverick Before Maverick, what were you looking at? D0A33102-F1D5-4BE9-BDFA-2ABC51197E89

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m coming from a 2016 F150 and wanted to downsize to a car actually. something fun to drive but fairly price competitive. Jetta GLI, WRX, Civic etc…
My wife kept on me about how handy it was to have a truck so when I saw this Maverick I was intrigued. Sure it won’t be sporty handling but it’ll be much more car-like than my truck.

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking for Telluride or Palisade as well. If I buy one of them, I need to trade in my current car. (Because of the price) Then I saw the Maverick. Now I can keep my current one. I also thought to buy a 2022 Mitsubishi outlander.
Sponsored