Sponsored

Be prepared for 2023 Maverick price increases. 2023 Lightning prices just increased significantly

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It takes a bit of time for other auto makers to catch up. Price was a big factor in my purchased decision. Ford already jacked MSRP from when I ordered in Oct 21 to pick up in Jun 22. The window sticker was 35 CAD and I paid 32 CAD.

So if price goes up again by alot will the Maverick be as attractive to consumers? I don't think so.

Honda or Toyota would build great competitor if they have the will. How cool would a smaller cheaper hybrid Ridgline be.
I'm hopeful we'll see more small pickups that look like trucks, not the Santa Cruz. Maybe the Maverick will be a trendsetter in that way. I'm good with seeing Dakotas, S10s, T100s running the roads.
Sponsored

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I think if you want to get a manuel-forever car, this is probably the time. Certainly a Civic or Corolla would stand the test of time.
With the huge push towards EVs that don't even have a gearbox, the days of being able to get a new car in a stick shift are numbered. Good/depressing read on the state of the stickshift here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2022/08/stick-shift-manual-transmission-cars/671078/

Aye, that's a good article. Appeared on my feed just yesterday. Yes, it's my last opportunity to get a manual. I keep my vehicles for decade plus. (Only reason I'm getting a new vehicle is because my kids need a car so they will be getting mine when they pass their test, and I was getting a new Maverick). I'm fairly sure that if I get a new vehicle now, next time I'm looking everything will be electric... Last call for a manual transmission.
Manuals are just more fun. (Not to mention safer).

I really wish Maverick had a manual, it's the only thing missing from making it my ideal vehicle. (Ok, the short bed means my kayak will have to go above the cab, which isn't ideal... A Civic with a hatchback will haul a couple of kayaks easier than the Maverick).

Three things are in Mavericks favour over a Japanese hatchback though.

1) Price
2) MPG (there are hybrid civics which beat Mac)
3) Truck bed.
4) Nostalgia of my old small truck

If Maverick takes away the price advantage. It's MPG vs getting a manual. I know which wins.

The Truck Bed is and advantage and disadvantage. I probably use a kayak more often than I haul dirt or straw. Wood can be strapped to a roof rack perhaps easier than put in a small bed.

I'm probably not the only one that will switch to a car if Ford raises prices a lot. Statistics have shown that a lot of people buying Mavericks are coming from smaller cars, not other trucks. If Maverick no longer undercuts those cars in price it loses all it's glamour. Especially since I can buy a Toyota or Honda today and I'm estimating it will be a year from September 15th ordering before I get a Maverick.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A PHEV Crosstrek is my fallback. With the tax credit it's about 33k and 90mpg. Rather get a Mav, but this 14+ months wait is starting to grind.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
also they want 890 for azure grey 😂 i took off 360 camera to get under 50k but 2nd picture has it

Ford Maverick Be prepared for 2023 Maverick price increases. 2023 Lightning prices just increased significantly 78C17006-5FF8-4162-AF91-774153BFC274

Ford Maverick Be prepared for 2023 Maverick price increases. 2023 Lightning prices just increased significantly F7398B8A-BC08-42D7-86A0-F28585C518C8

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the tax incentive lf 7.5k let’s say you get it your out the door at 41,769 plus taxes etc your at 43k for most states ….

Sponsored

nathan.wright

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mazda B2200
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Ford raise the prices too much I'm getting a Civic or Corolla hatchback instead of my Maverick.

I'd really love a small truck again, but Civic and Corolla have one massive advantage over the Maverick, they're still available with a manual. I'd love another small truck, haven't had one in a long time... But make it expensive and it's not another truck manufacturer I'm switching to, it's back to a car.

I'm already a little on the fence about the Maverick due to its lack of manual transmission... Don't push me completely to the other side Ford. Your price was one of the biggest selling points for the Maverick.
The Maverick not being manual is the only thing I don't like about the truck. I've driven manuals my whole life and had to get rid of my old small Mazda manual truck bc the maintenance was taking too much of my time. I almost bought a fun hatch or wrx or something, but I just really wanted to keep a small truck.

So, it was certainly a sacrifice, and tbh, I am still on the fence, especially since I agree with what was said above: This may be the last time to get a new manual car.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick not being manual is the only thing I don't like about the truck. I've driven manuals my whole life and had to get rid of my old small Mazda manual truck bc the maintenance was taking too much of my time. I almost bought a fun hatch or wrx or something, but I just really wanted to keep a small truck.

So, it was certainly a sacrifice, and tbh, I am still on the fence, especially since I agree with what was said above: This may be the last time to get a new manual car.
Manuals are fun …. But that a dead technology :( very very few newer cars mostly race inspired cars have it

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My issue is that there is no reason for it to die.
Much easier to automate one tranmisson system , manual isn’t as efficient and automatic since it’s based on the drivers skill… things change :(

nathan.wright

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mazda B2200
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Much easier to automate one tranmisson system , manual isn’t as efficient and automatic since it’s based on the drivers skill… things change :(
So you are saying driver skill has reduced? Agreed.

MT's are easier to manufacture because they are much simpler in design.

The real issue is that it is harder for manufacturers to pass emissions with them bc they way the test is setup. Policy is the reason they are no longer around.

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Could be wrong, but I see a couple news articles today that Ford just released their incentives list, went from $1000 to $500 on custom orders, and now does NOT include the Mav?

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could be wrong, but I see a couple news articles today that Ford just released their incentives list, went from $1000 to $500 on custom orders, and now does NOT include the Mav?
Correct cut off date is 5th -7th maverick are orderd on the 15th

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you are saying driver skill has reduced? Agreed.

MT's are easier to manufacture because they are much simpler in design.

The real issue is that it is harder for manufacturers to pass emissions with them bc they way the test is setup. Policy is the reason they are no longer around.
Agreed , disagree it can’t be easier than automatic shifter that does the shifting for you. EPA is part of it for sure . But MC is pretty much phased out . People who turn 16 have no idea what MC is .

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I row a 2000 Miata to work every day, but modern non-hybrid cars can get better mpg than manual.

The advantages for manual were: cost, mpg, fun.

Most people don't like the "fun"- they can barely stay in the lines when the road curves. :eek:
Now that mpg is better in CVTs or Hybrids, it's a con rather than pro for manuals.
And the cost to manufacture transmissions for a tiny percentage of cars will go up.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
n. These customers must complete their order conversion by September 30th, 2022 to qualify for the offer, however.
Sponsored