Sponsored

Be prepared for 2023 Maverick price increases. 2023 Lightning prices just increased significantly

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That SilvErado bed/tailgate/cabin configuration is wicked impressive.
1660063276002.png

1660063306302.png
They did that before with the Avalanche, nothing new. They had a leak problem though, hopefully they have fixed that issue.
Sponsored

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think ford is doing this to push the Rivian sales, they have around 11% ownership in Rivian. People are going to say "oh, awsome, compared to this imaginary lighting truck thing, which I will never get, the Rivian is a real bargain, let me order 2" :)))))

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read this entire thread and thought I'd link a Motor Trend article that discusses towing different weight trailers with a Lightning. As some have stated, the range pummels when towing.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ford-f150-lightning-electric-truck-towing-test/

I'm just sticking my toe into all this electrification of vehicles with a Maverick Hybrid. I got my drivers license in the early 1970s and have enjoyed the roar of many V8s in my life (first car was a 1966 Nova with a 6500RPM 400HP-ish small block). Right now buying a EV is not for me, but in the years ahead...who knows?

Hopefully the EV boom will lead to reduced MSRPs in the decade ahead, but the US needs to build a wide-reaching EV recharging network before I'm jumping on the EV bandwagon. So I'm taking baby steps later in my life.
As I get older, time is becoming more important. Waiting around for a vehicle to charge is not my idea of good use of time, especially on a vacation trip.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick order was placed Oct 9 2021 and could no longer be found by June 2022. My guess is the dealer screwed up my COVP. I did get the Maverick order confirmation email fro Ford after the order was placed. Silverado EV reserved May 2022. They tell me nobody will be placing custom orders for the Silverado EV.
Ford has the ability to go look in their database and find the 'reason code' as to why it was cancelled and/or to figure out how your order got deleted. There are database audit trails that will show this. It's ridiculous to think that a 20K+ transaction just get 'lost' and nobody knows why, they know why and they owe it to you to tell you AND to put it back in the queue - this is not some impossible task, you need to push for this and don't let them get away with it.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve pushed and pushed hard. Ford corporate for weeks said the same. If there was ever an order it would have a history in the system but there is no history so the would say the couldn’t open an investigation into an order that never existed. I was able to send my emails to Ford via Facebook Messenger to prove I once had an order. They opened up an investigation but have no updates for me after 6 weeks. With the price increase I’ll lose a lot of money comparatively for a new 2023 order. My order was Oct 9 2021.

Sponsored

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And for 6 or so months Ford corporate would tell me my order was in good standing.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford's got to understand that Toyota, Hyundai, Chevy and all others are going to come gunning for their share of the small hybrid truck market by MY'24, so they've got MY'23 to convince people the Maverick is THE unbeatable value. You don't do that by jacking the price up so much your potential customers decide to wait for the Toyota or Honda or Chevy version. Particularly given the well-publicized problems with the Hybrid Mav already. Just my two cents worth, of course, but Ford can shoot themselves in the foot on the Maverick so easily -- sure hope they don't.

waitingonford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m the previously uninvited. 8/29/21 reservation
technically, I think we are SOL...there is "no" order, just a reservation...I called Ford...the "customer service agent" asked if I had a "purchase agreement"...I said they don't even take orders! You have to wait for ford to contact you to place your order...when your "wave" arrives...so I think our 7500 tax credit is being gobbled up by ford, through the price increase, over 7k.
unfortunately that’s the case. I contacted my dealer yesterday and he confirmed that I would be subject to any price increases since I don’t have an actual order. Just great customer service all around from Ford. Outstanding. But he did offer me a Lariat Platinum for $129,000 that they have on the lot.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FordVideoGuy last night chimed in about potential 'MY23 Maverick price increases. He stated that he thought there would be none at the launch of the '23's. He reminded that there was an increase on July 1 and that there most likely will be another later in the model year. He went on to say that Ford generally does not like increasing prices at the launch of a new model year. Of course, the current Lightning being the exception, but he attributed that due to skyrocketing prices for batteries.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Next couple years you'll see everyone and their brother rolling out small trucks. I think that will be the biggest factor in keeping the price of the Mav competitive. As mentioned before in this post, other automakers aren't going to watch Ford own the small pickup segment forever. Too much money to be made.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People here skewered me when I said the big price increases were coming for MY23.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
If Ford raise the prices too much I'm getting a Civic or Corolla hatchback instead of my Maverick.

I'd really love a small truck again, but Civic and Corolla have one massive advantage over the Maverick, they're still available with a manual. I'd love another small truck, haven't had one in a long time... But make it expensive and it's not another truck manufacturer I'm switching to, it's back to a car.

I'm already a little on the fence about the Maverick due to its lack of manual transmission... Don't push me completely to the other side Ford. Your price was one of the biggest selling points for the Maverick.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Ford raise the prices too much I'm getting a Civic or Corolla hatchback instead of my Maverick.

I'd really love a small truck again, but Civic and Corolla have one massive advantage over the Maverick, they're still available with a manual. I'd love another small truck, haven't had one in a long time... But make it expensive and it's not another truck manufacturer I'm switching to, it's back to a car.

I'm already a little on the fence about the Maverick due to its lack of manual transmission... Don't push me completely to the other side Ford. Your price was one of the biggest selling points for the Maverick.
I think if you want to get a manuel-forever car, this is probably the time. Certainly a Civic or Corolla would stand the test of time.
With the huge push towards EVs that don't even have a gearbox, the days of being able to get a new car in a stick shift are numbered. Good/depressing read on the state of the stickshift here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2022/08/stick-shift-manual-transmission-cars/671078/

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Ford's got to understand that Toyota, Hyundai, Chevy and all others are going to come gunning for their share of the small hybrid truck market by MY'24, so they've got MY'23 to convince people the Maverick is THE unbeatable value. You don't do that by jacking the price up so much your potential customers decide to wait for the Toyota or Honda or Chevy version. Particularly given the well-publicized problems with the Hybrid Mav already. Just my two cents worth, of course, but Ford can shoot themselves in the foot on the Maverick so easily -- sure hope they don't.
It takes a bit of time for other auto makers to catch up. Price was a big factor in my purchased decision. Ford already jacked MSRP from when I ordered in Oct 21 to pick up in Jun 22. The window sticker was 35 CAD and I paid 32 CAD.

So if price goes up again by alot will the Maverick be as attractive to consumers? I don't think so.

Honda or Toyota would build great competitor if they have the will. How cool would a smaller cheaper hybrid Ridgline be.
Sponsored