Sponsored

Be prepared for 2023 Maverick price increases. 2023 Lightning prices just increased significantly

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe you're price protected, and the price increase applies to MY23 only.
and also you are federal rebate protected, in case your income is >150k (300k combined).
the future ev rebates (and home energy efficiency) will benefit low middle income + family…
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sliverado ev Wt starts at 41k in spring 2023 .. ford going out price themselves
I reserved a Silverado EV too. That order/reservation process is even more screwed up than the Maverick. As my Maverick order is lost/missing after 8 months of waiting, it is up to which one arrives first. Chevrolet is telling me I won’t ever get to place an order, they will just build what they want to build then the dealer will go down his list calling until someone buys after arrival. They said I can’t even pick a color.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I reserved a Silverado EV too. That order/reservation process is even more screwed up than the Maverick. As my Maverick order is lost/missing after 8 months of waiting, it is up to which one arrives first. Chevrolet is telling me I won’t ever get to place an order, they will just build what they want to build then the dealer will go down his list calling until someone buys after arrival. They said I can’t even pick a color.
Holy shit lol crazy did you get your order in early enough ?

Mavnick87

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yikes. I was planning on ordering the base level lightning pro…but that’s a massive price hike from the first production year. I can buy two mavericks for the price of one lightning pro.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yikes. I was planning on ordering the base level lightning pro…but that’s a massive price hike from the first production year. I can buy two mavericks for the price of one lightning pro.
Yea not worth it . The range is only 10 mile increase .

Sponsored

Mavnick87

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The platinum edition will be over $100k after shipping and taxes. Most Americans won’t have $100k saved for retirement, but I can impress strangers with my platinum lightning. 🤦‍♂️

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford definelty riding the high horse right now …

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick order was placed Oct 9 2021 and could no longer be found by June 2022. My guess is the dealer screwed up my COVP. I did get the Maverick order confirmation email fro Ford after the order was placed. Silverado EV reserved May 2022. They tell me nobody will be placing custom orders for the Silverado EV.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The platinum edition will be over $100k after shipping and taxes. Most Americans won’t have $100k saved for retirement, but I can impress strangers with my platinum lightning. 🤦‍♂️
Ford is starting become take over ev market ….

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford definelty riding the high horse right now …
Ford has plenty of recalls to worry about to celebrate.
I have to say those are some really crappy range numbers for the base Lightening. Real world numbers will be lower, load that truck up with materials plus towing a trailer and 4 guys in the truck heading to a job site and needing that truck all day to move materials around that battery will be dead by lunchtime. I dunno, sorry EV enthusiasts but I do not see a work truck with a 230 mile range in a perfect world a replacement for an ICE or hybrid.

Just because there is a segment of society screaming for EV's in everyone's garage is not going to make it so. The range, chip shortage, battery shortage, supply chain issues, worker shortage, inflation, recession or stagflation is a pretty thick stacked deck to be going up against. Everyone fighting tooth and nail for limited resources does not help either
The Lightning has terrible range and an outdated charging system that doesn't charge the batteries quickly. This is not a product I'd spend my money on yet.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has plenty of recalls to worry about to celebrate.

The Lightning has terrible range and an outdated charging system that doesn't charge the batteries quickly. This is not a product I'd spend my money on yet.
True not fan yet either

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
The 2023 F150 Lightning price increases were announced today and the least expensive model went up $7,000 or 17.5% . The higher trim levels also went up $7,000 which was a smaller percentage. That makes sense because dealers could sell them above MSRP and Ford wants a piece of that pie.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...d-price-is-live-5000-increase-in-price.11626/

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...der-banks-re-open-with-updated-pricing.11628/
Lightning-Maverick 🤔
Well, they are both Fords.
Just what in this freaking country hasn’t or will not be increasing in price 😳

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey people that buy extended warranties for vehicles they don’t even own from telemarketers need to drive in style. Drive a plebeian Maverick and not take a second mortgage on their house to buy a gussied up F150? Not a chance here, impressing people at Sam’s club is where it’s at!

Ford Maverick Be prepared for 2023 Maverick price increases. 2023 Lightning prices just increased significantly 1660086054579

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You bring up a good point. *Tip toe-ing the politics taboo this site observes* This Inflation Reduction Act does stipulate the EV must be manufactured in the U.S. to qualify for the rebate, and the LIghtning is being manufactured in Dearborn so this price increase is not so coincidentally about the same as the rebate. hmmm..
*RULE OF THUMB*
Whenever the government gets involved, the price goes up.

That being said raw materials are much higher also. Scrap iron was $.02/lb but is now around $.09/lb. Scrap copper was $1.40/lb but is now around $3.00/lb. Nickel is about $60.00/oz. Foam products have gone up as well as rubber and plastics.
Sponsored