Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember the day when consumer level pickup trucks did not have back seats. In 1974, I bought a new Dodge Club Cab with the 2 fold down seats that faced each other in the back. I had my 2 small children ride there to be the first in the area to ride in the back of a pickup truck without being in the bed.
Sponsored

Catman

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
Now THAT would be a common need. Iā€™ll bet tens of thousands of people who ordered a Maverick would love to have a shelter to hold five cats in the event of a hurricane. GREAT idea
I assume you are being sarcastic. Just because I said I have a need for it does not mean I was saying for Ford to do anything about it. Some of us here on this site are animal lovers.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah it's pretty dumb how they did it. There is so much more room on all the competors backseats. Not a deal breaker for me though

Equipenquin

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
I kinda like Fords design, i'd imagine its easier to clean under the ford seats since its plastic

Buzzard

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I just hope the seats, seat backs and the storage trays are easy to remove. And easy to put back in too.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I just hope the seats, seat backs and the storage trays are easy to remove. And easy to put back in too.
Sure, 4,000 PLASTIC (easier to break) clips, and 40 bolts/screws.

Just kidding. It would be nice but I'm sure they'll make it difficult somehow.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the bins underneath the seats perfect place for my subwoofers LoL

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember the day when consumer level pickup trucks did not have back seats. In 1974, I bought a new Dodge Club Cab with the 2 fold down seats that faced each other in the back. I had my 2 small children ride there to be the first in the area to ride in the back of a pickup truck without being in the bed.
Ah I remember those crappy little fold down platform seats. Even as a little kid they were super uncomfortable.

Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How about Maverick Buyers Redesign the "Back Seat".
What would you do?

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The only thing Iā€™m not liking about the Maverick is how the back seat folds up , its seems that they could have done a better job like the Ridgeline.

62F4EE82-A7A4-4218-AF10-82E658EBB270.jpeg

DB1CB879-CEF5-46BA-B507-0506B512E304.jpeg

373CFF9E-7A61-4FED-8EE7-2C0BC457E72B.jpeg
Looks like the interior will also have the exterior color showing with the doors closed? šŸ¤®

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is quite a bit of difference in price between the Mav and the Ridgeline. Honda had more money to spend on design than Ford did. But hey you can fit an inflated soccer ball in the bin underneath the seat!
And another 1 liter water bottle, I hear. šŸ˜ƒ

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now THAT would be a common need. Iā€™ll bet tens of thousands of people who ordered a Maverick would love to have a shelter to hold five cats in the event of a hurricane. GREAT idea
You'd be surprised how many of us have at least casually thought about what we'd need to modify to use the Maverick as our get out vehicle before a hurricane.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly this is my only apprehension moving from a Ridgeline. I can stack 4 large Rubbermaid bins in the back behind the seats, with the rear folded up and my front seat at normal position for a 6 foot guy. It is fricken awesome for camping and stuff when I donā€™t want to leave things in the bed at night. Was also amazing for moving. But my gas mileage is god awful, so we are still looking forward to the change.

I do kind of wish the battery wasnā€™t below the seat, so it was just flat on the bottom.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing Iā€™m not liking about the Maverick is how the back seat folds up , its seems that they could have done a better job ...
The only back seat thing I could wish for would be a 60/40 split so you could have a baby car seat installed and still have access to the under-seat storage area.
Sponsored