Auto High Beams is a great feature

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
Using the stalk:
C0D972B0-DF43-46E0-A0C1-FF72829266C5.jpeg
Yeah that's for the auto-highbeam feature. I just went and checked. I still don't see where it's possible to turn on lane-keeping/warning. That would be a huge feature for me on long, overnight road trips.
Sponsored

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
Yeah that's for the auto-highbeam feature. I just went and checked. I still don't see where it's possible to turn on lane-keeping/warning. That would be a huge feature for me on long, overnight road trips.
My apologies… wasn’t reading close enough. Maybe the pic helps someone anyway. 👍

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One feature I wish was standard and unswitchable in all cars. Nothing worse than a grey car with no lights on during a rain storm
The Maverick takes care of that for sure, if you turn on the windsheild wipers it turns on the front and rear lights.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dont think the auto brights work at speeds under 25 or 30 mph. They have yet to turn on driving through my neighborhood but come once up to speed on the main road.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont think the auto brights work at speeds under 25 or 30 mph. They have yet to turn on driving through my neighborhood but come once up to speed on the main road.
25 mph to be precise, though it does sometimes seem to be closer to 30 mph. At lower speeds, you'll need to turn them on manually anyway if needed.

Auto High-Beam Headlamps
Ford Maverick Auto High Beams is a great feature {filename}

You might not think of manually turning your high beams on or off every time you need to. That’s why the Auto High-Beam Headlamps feature is so helpful — it can do that for you, automatically.10 This driver-activated system with windshield-mounted camera scans the road at speeds above 25 miles per hour. When you’re on a very dark road with no traffic, the high beams come on. But when a vehicle with headlamps on is approaching up to 2,000 feet or traveling ahead of you with taillamps visible up to 500 feet, the system will dim to low beams to reduce glare and avoid hindering the other motorist.
See How It Works

Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Presuming you haven't disabled it in the productivity screen options, lane keeping on/off (for Mavericks so equipped) is operated via a button on the end of the turn signal stalk. A visual marker shows on the productivity screen when it is on.

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
Presuming you haven't disabled it in the productivity screen options, lane keeping on/off (for Mavericks so equipped) is operated via a button on the end of the turn signal stalk. A visual marker shows on the productivity screen when it is on.
The end of my turn signal stick doesn’t have the button. There is a removable pop-out piece for it though. I wonder if that’s something could be easily added?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No lane centering at all on any XLT. Lane assist, yes.. but lane centering is exclusive to Lariat Lux and couples with adaptive cruise.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The end of my turn signal stick doesn’t have the button. There is a removable pop-out piece for it though. I wonder if that’s something could be easily added?
No Co-pilot 360, no lane centering.
You can install it after the fact even if you don't have CP360. Although as MLower05 mentions 'Lane Centering' and 'Lane Keeping' are distinctly different.

Lane Keeping System retrofit install using FORScan (on all trims without Copilot 360)

OP
OP
crgator

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
An XL will also turn on the headlights automatically about a minute after the wipers are turned on. I discovered that about a month into ownership.
I am so glad to see this feature. So many people drive in the pouring rain and don't turn on their lights. You just can't see them, and I've always thought this would be a great feature.

JoeMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid Carb Gray
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know why, but I thought you needed Copilot 360 to have the auto high beam function. Was I surprised this weekend. Due to Hurricane Ian, my girlfriend couldn't fly into Orlando, so I had to pick her up in Ft Lauderdale. The only night driving I had done since I got my Mav was local with traffic. Anyhow, the traffic was light for the first half of the trip (from Melbourne), and there were stretches with no traffic. And suddenly, my high beams came on. Then, when traffic approached, sure enough, back to low beam. I kind of like the feature. There were times when it was almost a nuisance. As you're rounding a bend on the Interstate and the car in front of you got far enough away that it was no longer visible the high beams would come on. But, within 2 or 3 seconds you finished the bend, and then they were low beam again because now you see the on-coming traffic. But it does help so you don't blind oncoming traffic because you forgot they were on. Overall, I think it's a nice feature.
[/QUOTE
I don't know why, but I thought you needed Copilot 360 to have the auto high beam function. Was I surprised this weekend. Due to Hurricane Ian, my girlfriend couldn't fly into Orlando, so I had to pick her up in Ft Lauderdale. The only night driving I had done since I got my Mav was local with traffic. Anyhow, the traffic was light for the first half of the trip (from Melbourne), and there were stretches with no traffic. And suddenly, my high beams came on. Then, when traffic approached, sure enough, back to low beam. I kind of like the feature. There were times when it was almost a nuisance. As you're rounding a bend on the Interstate and the car in front of you got far enough away that it was no longer visible the high beams would come on. But, within 2 or 3 seconds you finished the bend, and then they were low beam again because now you see the on-coming traffic. But it does help so you don't blind oncoming traffic because you forgot they were on. Overall, I think it's a nice feature.
Love the feature
on winding country roads, usually turn it off driving through residential neighborhoods

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you turn off auto high beams? I can see it being useful in a long straight road or one with not many cars. Always lots of cars in my area and the high beams basically are turning on and off every few seconds...

OP
OP
crgator

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you turn off auto high beams? I can see it being useful in a long straight road or one with not many cars. Always lots of cars in my area and the high beams basically are turning on and off every few seconds...
Sponsored