First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How to add Lane Keep system without Copilot 360 package. This has been tested on a 2.0L XL w/o copilot and 4k tow package. Hybrids will have different foscan settings for certain registers, key valid for both unless specified otherwise. 6 inch cluster screens may also need different forscan hex keys for the same applicable settings in the IPC 720-xx-xx registers.

All trims already come with a front facing camera and image processing module so all that is needed is the correct turn signal stalk which costs about $35. All you need to do is swap the turn signal stalks and activate with forscan. It is valid for all trim levels without Copilot 360.

After swapping the stalks (quick write up to follow) to turn on the lane keep system which includes Lane keep alert, lane keep aid and driver alert system these are the following forscan codes. Should work on all builds except where noted.

Vehicle tested on 2022 XL w/o copilot 2.0L ecoboost and 4k tow package

To get the button for lane keep working first you need to set the following codes.

IPMA
706-01-01
044D 59C9 B537 - 2.0L ecoboost engines
0B4D 59C9 B53E - 2.5L hybrid engines
This activates the functionality in the image processing module

PSCM
730-02-02
FFFF 0000 0039
This activates the power steering functionality for wheel vibration and correction.

SCCM
The middle part of the code specifies you have the lane keep left turn stalk installed the other lines refer to the steering wheel buttons.
724-02-01
1228 A820 3060
Steering wheel buttons w/o cruise control, switch combo SW8588 / SW8589

1258 6820 3050
steering wheel buttons w/ cruise control, switch combo SW8576 / SW8579

If any one of these 3 is incorrect the button won't work and you'll either get no lane keep icon in the cluster screen or it will be there but you won't be able toggle it on and off.

Next are the codes for the instrument cluster. These should also be valid for the 6 inch cluster screen. If you have issues get some as built data for a Lariat with the lux package and change whatever values differ for the same register addresses.

IPC codes

720-01-02
0227 4093
This activates the driver alert system option in the options

720-02-01
09E4 2D34 1E96 - 2.0L ecoboost engines
09E4 2D35 9E17 - 2.5L hybrids engines
This activates the lane keep menu, alert and aid settings.
xxxx xxxx Xxxx is for how mpg is calculated and shown in the trip screen
xxxx xxxx 1xxx = gas
xxxx xxxx 9xxx = hybrid

720-09-01
2042 1440 1900
This enables the lane keep steering wheel vibration and correction intensity settings.

This next section of codes enables the Driver Alert System. If any of them are not set it will not enable when you have Lane Keep on and the driver alert option setting in the vehicle settings

BCM codes
726-15-04
0147 - 2.0L ecoboost engines
Leave setting stock for hybrids as of now. Needs testing to determine if the code is 1 needed to be changed and 2 specific to the vehicle regardless of trim when a hybrid engine is installed.

IPC codes
720-05-02
0840 0379 - 2.0L ecoboost engines
0800 0339 - 2.5L hybrid engines

720-10-01
1800 0001 0253

720-10-02
0100 407A

The whole system to this point will work almost 100% correctly. The only issue is when you enable mykey it is supposed to according to the manual, keep the user using a programmed mykey from shutting off lane keep. So far I haven't been able to do that with a programmed mykey.

edit
A sideways workaround to the mykey issue is to disable mykey functionality outright. If you don't use mykey you'd probably do this anyways.
For register 720-01-01
Leave everything else alone and change the following to 9
xxxx x9xx xxxx

example
09E4 2D34 1E96
becomes
09E4 2934 1Exx

You'll get a checksum error message, go ahead anyways and hit okay and forscan will correct the last 2 digits to the correct checksum for the new setting before writing. The Lane Keep settings will still function normally and if you have a programmed mykey it will function like an unprogrammed key. Turn the setting back on, the programmed key will then function as it should.

Other than that it doesn't throw any error codes and the features work as they should.

Before anyone asks I am not going to do a write up on how to install BLIS afterwards. It can be done but the cost of the parts alone costs more than just having Copilot 360 installed as a factory option.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To swap your left turn signal stalk

Part needed
Left turn signal stalk
LB5Z-13341-BA

Tools needed
10mm socket
7mm socket
T8 torx bit
drivers and wrenches for sockets and bits

Step 1
Use the the 10mm socket to disconnect the negative battery cable under the hood.

Step 2
Use the 7mm socket to remove 2 screws on the underside of the steering column housing.

Step 3
Remove rubber grommet that covers the outside of the ignition lock. Lower housing can be removed.

Step 4
You can leave the upper housing on just need to pull it up enough for full side access to the switch. Remove 2 torx screws using a T-8 torx bit. Pop out switch and replace.

Reassemble in reverse.

Switches

Ford Maverick Lane Keeping System retrofit install using FORScan (on all trims without Copilot 360) back

Ford Maverick Lane Keeping System retrofit install using FORScan (on all trims without Copilot 360) front

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fantastic - I can't wait to get my Mav and join in with this programming.

Question - There is Lane Keeping VS Lane Centering (Lariat). Did you get Lane Centering (Basically drives for you, keeping you in the lane) working, or is this just the keeping where it tells you you are leaving the lane?

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are the odds we can get a dealer to do this for us?
About nil. The official stance is "it can't be done," probably for liability or something.

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lane Keep and Lane Centering are different. Lane Centering is only on Lariat.

One tells you that you are leaving the lane, and vibrates the wheel. The other "drives" for you, keeping you centered in the lane.

My goal for the XLT (we can't get Lariat in Canada w/ hybrid) is to get Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise Control (depending on $$)

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Question - There is Lane Keeping VS Lane Centering (Lariat). Did you get Lane Centering (Basically drives for you, keeping you in the lane) working, or is this just the keeping where it tells you you are leaving the lane?
Lane centering is a different feature and requires the same radar sensor that is used to adaptive cruise control. If you want to install and wire one up then by all means but if you go that far might as well get adaptive CC working also.

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Lane centering uses the ACC radar block. So that might be an issue unless someone figures out an ACC retrofit.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lane Keep and Lane Centering are different. Lane Centering is only on Lariat.

One tells you that you are leaving the lane, and vibrates the wheel. The other "drives" for you, keeping you centered in the lane.

My goal for the XLT (we can't get Lariat in Canada w/ hybrid) is to get Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise Control (depending on $$)
It should run you about $1000 USD to buy all the parts to retrofit adaptive cruise control. That would include a forscan cable and programming license.

See my posts here.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...y-hill-descent-non-fx4-all-models.8959/page-3

I know the 4 inch cluster screen has the software for adaptive cruise and in turn evasive steering, lane center and intersection warning. I've already turned it on. Just nothing will work without the sensors then changing values with forscan to enable stuff.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lane centering uses the ACC radar block. So that might be an issue unless someone figures out an ACC retrofit.
I've figured out most those codes already just I don't want to spend about 1k right now to upgrade my XL because frankly I am good with it as is with the standard cruise control upgrade I've done on it.

Sponsored

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've figured out most those codes already just I don't want to spend about 1k right now to upgrade my XL because frankly I am good with it as is with the standard cruise control upgrade I've done on it.
Well if you don't mind sharing your notes, it's the first Forscan mod I'm itching to do.

Actually, we could use a good general Forscan spreadsheet like the other forums. I guess that'll come in time.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It should run you about $1000 USD to buy all the parts to retrofit adaptive cruise control. That would include a forscan cable and programming license.

See my posts here.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...y-hill-descent-non-fx4-all-models.8959/page-3

I know the 4 inch cluster screen has the software for adaptive cruise and in turn evasive steering, lane center and intersection warning. I've already turned it on. Just nothing will work without the sensors then changing values with forscan to enable stuff.
Awesome to know! Yes, only the larger screen is on Lariat - the XLT LUX gets small screen.

Yes, I have had ACC on my past 5 cars - I can't live without it. I absolutely love it. If I can get ACC working on my XLT, I would be over the moon. (I would have gone full pin Lariat, but not an option in Canada)

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well if you don't mind sharing your notes, it's the first Forscan mod I'm itching to do.

Actually, we could use a good general Forscan spreadsheet like the other forums. I guess that'll come in time.
I assume you mean standard cruise control if adaptive I'll post the codes over in my DIY thread at some point.
I do have space reserved in there for ACC modding. If anyone buys the parts I'll be more than happy to share what codes I know do and should work with them as long as they are willing to confirm the end result works.

The original cruise control upgrade thread by @Tyvemattis has gone all over the place but it is a good place to start. I put together and more compact version over in the DIY section.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

For anyone with forscan that wants to confirm their cluster has the software for ACC.
720-01-01
450A 3204 6210

That will turn on the ACC screen but nothing will work except for standard cruise control if you have that installed. It also give you a cross traffic error alert if you don't have Copilot 360 since that register also houses the on / off settings for ACC and cross traffic. Just would need to modify one part of the code until it works without the cross traffic error message.

Ford Maverick Lane Keeping System retrofit install using FORScan (on all trims without Copilot 360) 1642958858133
Sponsored