First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know why, but I thought you needed Copilot 360 to have the auto high beam function. Was I surprised this weekend. Due to Hurricane Ian, my girlfriend couldn't fly into Orlando, so I had to pick her up in Ft Lauderdale. The only night driving I had done since I got my Mav was local with traffic. Anyhow, the traffic was light for the first half of the trip (from Melbourne), and there were stretches with no traffic. And suddenly, my high beams came on. Then, when traffic approached, sure enough, back to low beam. I kind of like the feature. There were times when it was almost a nuisance. As you're rounding a bend on the Interstate and the car in front of you got far enough away that it was no longer visible the high beams would come on. But, within 2 or 3 seconds you finished the bend, and then they were low beam again because now you see the on-coming traffic. But it does help so you don't blind oncoming traffic because you forgot they were on. Overall, I think it's a nice feature.
Sponsored

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We need more info, which Mav do you have etc.
I had a 55 olds with that benifit. Great I hope it’s on my Lariat.

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mine will be without lux. So I may not have it. Thanks

pistons pissing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 toyota camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My regular XLT has it. Great feature!

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
I too was surprised I had this on my XLT (non-lux). I wish it has lane-keeping too. But that will have to wait for my Lariat Hybrid to get here.

Goose..you there?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too was surprised I had this on my XLT (non-lux). I wish it has lane-keeping too. But that will have to wait for my Lariat Hybrid to get here.
Check your options, I have a base XLT and have it…just had to check the box for it to assist..it will warn put won’t assist until you tell it that it’s okay

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i turned mine off. they annoy me. just like lane assist and adaptive cruise type features. i didnt order those at least.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, this is not that new!!!! My brother had a 1959 Oldsmobile 98 that had this feature. As I recall, there was a "sensor" about as big as a baseball on the left side of the dash. As I also recall the system in the Olds worked better than the one in the Maverick; It was not as sensitive and would not dim for things like streetlights and highway signs. It did dim for oncoming cars and that was the purpose!!! Sometimes new does not equate to better..... :unsure: ;)

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
Check your options, I have a base XLT and have it…just had to check the box for it to assist..it will warn put won’t assist until you tell it that it’s okay
Really... I didn't see that. I don't have Luxury packag. Where do you turn it on?

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
Auto high beams are a standard feature from base XL and up.
Exactly… there are no mavericks without it.
An XL will also turn on the headlights automatically about a minute after the wipers are turned on. I discovered that about a month into ownership.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly… there are no mavericks without it.
An XL will also turn on the headlights automatically about a minute after the wipers are turned on. I discovered that about a month into ownership.

One feature I wish was standard and unswitchable in all cars. Nothing worse than a grey car with no lights on during a rain storm