First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove home the other night. 12 hour drive. Those hi beams went off and on constantly. Every time another car came toward me. So so obnoxious. I need to get that auto on crap turned off. I will turn them on if I ever need them. I see someone posted how to turn them off. Wish me luck.

You can literally just turn the knob to "on" (one setting past "auto") to turn off the auto high beams.

When you turn the truck off and back on it will always go back to Auto.
Sponsored

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought F150LED or Diode dynamics made replacement LED bulbs for your headlights, so you can be brighter or whatever. $1200 for a headlight replacement is one heck of a lot of change. I replaced my rear lights, but I do not like bright headlights and I am sure others dont either, so I do not want to replace those.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I drove home the other night. 12 hour drive. Those hi beams went off and on constantly. Every time another car came toward me. So so obnoxious. I need to get that auto on crap turned off. I will turn them on if I ever need them. I see someone posted how to turn them off. Wish me luck.
The auto on and off was working as it was supposed and it's obnoxious.

Swede.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-24 XLT, FX4, 4K, 'Terrain'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm assuming it can be turned off?
Yes they can. It's just check/uncheck on the 'settings' menu on the dash screen, done from the steering wheel buttons.

Jorah_L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat, 2013 Maxima, 2009 V-Star 1300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t know where the sensor is...
There's a shaded area of the windshield, just ahead of where your rearview mirror is. The camera is in that area. I learned that when, on the first really frosty day, I scraped everywhere I could easily reach, missing that area, and got warnings from the truck...
Sponsored