Sponsored

At what point if at all do we need to ignore our 2023 orders and order a 2024?

robhooper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 23 in route as we speak but my gut tells me the 24 will be the first one that is really ready for the road. They say they are increasing production and cutting down on MSRP hiking so I think the move is to order a 24. While you are waiting for a 24 XLT Lariat loaded for MSRP sayyyyy $28K? just buy a used car and run it for a year until this amazing bargain machine arrives. That said I am not a patient man......not one thread of patience.......So I will probably just stick with my 23 at 4k over MSRP and start enjoying the darn thing. If I can order a 24 I certainly will and when it comes in I can just sell my 23 to a family member at a small loss.
No effing way. I will NOT be ordering a '24. At this point, I plan to sell the Maverick as soon as i take possession. Ford is not a company I want to do business with after this. Galaxy Ford of Smithville TN is clueless and Murfreesboro Ford would not order a Maverick without $3000 of add-ons. No more.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The question is, go with a big dealer or small dealer? I know some people will say both.
Correct. I have no shame in disclosing that I did a variation of this for my 2023 model year order. Ordered from a large (by sheer volume of Mavrericks sold last year) dealer that is distant from me, and a local smaller dealer (but still fairly decent sales volume). The distant one got scheduled and is on the rails to be delivered right now, the local one has not been scheduled at all (and I canceled that local order when the distant order got a scheduled production date).

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I totally get your angle but I am not mad at Ford. The Country is completely upside down right now and accessing parts...chips....and engines...is no longer an easy thing to do. They had no idea the Maverick would be a complete blow out and now they are scrambling to salvage every sale they can and every customer they can. Obviously the dealers are all separate entities and they are all owned and managed by different groups that all handled this situation differently. Most dealers went for the profit. Most businesses right now are struggling so I dont blame the dealerships for trying to make what the market will bare. I dont think anyone wants to admit it but if we were selling our used car for $5k then for some reason we could suddenly get $10k for it but it might piss off a few people......would you take the extra money or would you be a good guy and just sell that used car for $5k? Everybody I know would gladly take the extra $5K that their car was now worth......cmon.....admit it. Yes I know what I am saying is unpopular but its rational. Yes I want a loaded 24 for MSRP so bad......I have even built the truck in my head over and over.......we all want it because its such an amazing value. Lets see how much Toyota learns from what happened here. If the Toyota Stout is actually produced and sold.....and if it is a hybrid that gets 40mpg......no doubt it will start at $28K and lets see how the Toyota dealers handle this.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
unless my 2023 is actually at the dealership I will order a 2024 especially if they add a green paint color or other doodad that interests me.

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wrong.
Order a '24 and have your wife order a '24 plus everyone else you can talk into ordering a '24 🤣
Yes ordering more Mavs increases the odds. Because of this and now that millions more people know the Maverick exists, my bet is even with a graveyard shift added, 2024 capacity sells out in 1 day, not 1 week like last time.

supersoul

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 2500 HD 4X4, 2007 Buick Lacrosse CXL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why doesn't Ford simply use the eminently logical method of "first in, first out" for those orders that are not constrained? Period! No matter what happens (roll over, reorder for new model year) the chronology of the original order should be maintained and take precedence. Barring constraints, all orders should be equal and should keep their place in the queue. Order hacking such as multiple orders at different dealers, unfair order priority changes, and the like should not allow the customer or dealer to "game the system". I used to enjoy the anticipation of getting a new car, Thanks to Ford it's about as much fun as getting a root canal without anesthesia.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At this point in time the only thing I really blame Ford for is how totally illogical it is to have dealer allocations on special orders. For dealer stock, I get it. Totally. Bigger the dealer, the more they sell, the more acreage they have for lots, of course, they should get more vehicles, but why in hell penalize the poor sap who just wants his truck? Then, on top of that Ford uses the allocation system to penalize dealers who break the rules, further putting the customer in the middle of things.

Just never made any sense to me from a business perspective. Why alienate your customer base.

Sponsored

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I don't get scheduled for a '23, I can't think of a good reason to stick it out for another year w/Ford. I thought when I ordered the '23, Ford would get it together. But no! Worse.
My feeling is that all this crap that's going on in the auto industry will wind down in '24. There will be a lot of new and used Mavericks on lots as people cancel their order and buy something else. A lot of folks, including me, never wanted a Ford. The Maverick just filled a slot at the time, a couple of years ago. We will see.

Reactions: GRB

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At what point if at all do we need to ignore our 23 orders and order a 24?
I was getting all stressed out by my long wait in 2022 so, for lack of anything else to to, I went and ordered a '23 Lariat as a backup. My '22 XLT ended up getting canceled and converted into a '23. My XLT finally came in in February and then my Lariat came in in March. I thought what the hell and took the Lariat. As the dealer gave me $2k more than I paid for the XLT it worked out. So, if you're worried, order another Maverick. Sooner is better than later. Very, very happy with the Lariat

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I totally get your angle but I am not mad at Ford. The Country is completely upside down right now and accessing parts...chips....and engines...is no longer an easy thing to do. They had no idea the Maverick would be a complete blow out and now they are scrambling to salvage every sale they can and every customer they can. Obviously the dealers are all separate entities and they are all owned and managed by different groups that all handled this situation differently. Most dealers went for the profit. Most businesses right now are struggling so I dont blame the dealerships for trying to make what the market will bare. I dont think anyone wants to admit it but if we were selling our used car for $5k then for some reason we could suddenly get $10k for it but it might piss off a few people......would you take the extra money or would you be a good guy and just sell that used car for $5k? Everybody I know would gladly take the extra $5K that their car was now worth......cmon.....admit it. Yes I know what I am saying is unpopular but its rational. Yes I want a loaded 24 for MSRP so bad......I have even built the truck in my head over and over.......we all want it because its such an amazing value. Lets see how much Toyota learns from what happened here. If the Toyota Stout is actually produced and sold.....and if it is a hybrid that gets 40mpg......no doubt it will start at $28K and lets see how the Toyota dealers handle this.
Yes the whole world is having problems but Ford making cars for over a hundred years certainty didn't rise above it any. In fact they are the worst. What other carmaker cant get out a basic vehicle ordered the first hour of the first day of ordering within that ENTIRE YEAR? And how do the people in the marketing team that researched the public response to the maverick keep their jobs?

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes the whole world is having problems but Ford making cars for over a hundred years certainty didn't rise above it any. In fact they are the worst. What other carmaker cant get out a basic vehicle ordered the first hour of the first day of ordering within that ENTIRE YEAR? And how do the people in the marketing team that researched the public response to the maverick keep their jobs?
Part of the problem might be that it is over a hundred years old.
Sponsored